“Please Sir, I want some more.”
Review of RedCan Gourmet

RedCan Gourmet
Ranked #16 of 53 Restaurants in Tofino
Price range: US$12 - US$50
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Please Sir, I want some more.”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The bar is set pretty low when it comes to improving upon the typical fare I find in Fort McMurray, AB but I still feel like I know a good meal when I eat one in spite of the foodie nightmare I call home.

The RedCan team impressed from the moment we walked through the door in the afternoon (to scope the place out) and had us looking forward to dinner for the rest of the day. They did not disappoint.

From easily the best Caesar salad I've ever eaten to the perfectly cooked pizzas that were still hot when I got them back to our room, I cannot say enough good things about our RedCan experience. Fresh, local, and Gourmet.

I went to culinary school so I like to think I know a thing or two about good food. This was a simple meal and yet still simply the best food I've eaten in a long time.

• Visited November 2013

Edmonton, Canada
“wedding cakes”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

ordered two wedding cakes . One carrot cake and one chocolate ganache. huge and absolutely superb. Guests raved. Plus two small lemony birthday cakes for two guests. Wonderful.
Initial contact and subsequent dealings all via phone from a long way away. No deposit demanded - in fact didn't meet Tim the owner Until trying to settle the bill a few days later. Such a refreshing old fashioned way of doing business. Highly recommend

Visited November 2013
“Really fresh & delicious take out!!”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Had some outstanding seafood pasta here and really enjoyed the owner's pride in his product. If you're a foodie, stop here...you won't be disappointed!
From 2 foodies from Minnesota

• Visited October 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Based on the TripAdvisor ranking of RedCan Gourmet we chose one of their takeout dinner options on a recent trip to Tofino. Gourmet it was not! We both had the main of pan-seared local wild salmon with vegetables and a side salad. The salad and particularly the vinaigrette was the best part of the meal. Sadly the salmon was overcooked (unforgivable anywhere but especially in Tofino) and the accompanying sauce, although flavorful, had been reduced too much and was overly salty. Our meals did not meet the expectations set by other reviews on TripAdvisor. We won’t be back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 2BBandBeyond
RedCanGourmet, Owner at RedCan Gourmet, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear 2BBandBeyond....We take pride in everything we produce here at RedCan Gourmet. I am deeply disturbed that you had such a disappointing experience with us while visiting Tofino this past September.The only way we can strive for excellence is with feed back from our customers! I can reached at 250.726.5166 cell. Please call and ask for Tim. I truly do hope the next time you visit Tofino we can redeem ourselves!

Regards,

Tim
Red Deer, Canada
“Pricey and average”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

First off, this is more of a takeout place, there are two picnic tables outside but no seating otherwise. Four of us at here on the weekend and only one of us found our food to be really good. The wait was rather long for food. The pizza was ok but lacking in toppings and very very doughy. The salmon plus beet salad sandwich was really nice but rather expensive for a sandwich at $15. The pulled pork sandwich was far to sweet but decent otherwise. The chowder was tasty but super watery and not creamy at all like chowder should be. We didn't have time to eat at a lot of places in Tofino so we can't compare but if this is the best Tofino has to offer it's rather dissappointing!

• Visited October 2013
Dear Scar604....
I appreciate your feed back with your experience at RedCan in last few weeks. I would like for you to contact me at 250.726,5166. We take pride in the food we produce and I am always concerned when we do not meet expectations. Our philosophy to always exceed expectations! The next time you visit Tofino we would like to make sure you get what you are looking for!

Regards,