“Resort location and staff far exceeded my expectations - I will be back!”

Long Beach Lodge Resort
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
North Vancouver, Canada
“Resort location and staff far exceeded my expectations - I will be back!”
Reviewed 14 March 2011

This team truly knows customer service and they made our holiday special. It was a special occasion and they remembered to even ask about how the 'surprise' went! Rooms extremely pleasant, comfortable and great ambiance. Food was excellent quality and I would highly recommend everything about this hotel. Will be even better when they put in their extension of spa hot tub etc. That would be a great addition after a cold days walking in forests and getting wet!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (584)
Toronto
Reviewed 8 March 2011

This hotel was recommended to me by everyone I asked for recommendations of where to stay, and it did not disappoint in the least. It was like arriving at an oasis of beauty and relaxation. We stayed in one of the cheaper rooms, but it still had a glorious view of the ocean. The bathroom was like a spa, with a bathtub overlooking the window and the ocean view. The complimentary breakfast was amazing - fresh and tasteful, and paid significant attention to locally sourced foods. The staff was laid back and relaxed - they were there when you needed them but were otherwise unobtrusive. The setting is spectacular ...perfect for long walks on the beach or trying out surfing. The surf teachers at the in-house school were patient and fun. My only feedback would be regarding the portion sizes at the restaurant - in a place where shops close early and you have to drive to get provisions, I found I would have liked more food on my plate at my evening meal (and more substantial vegetarian options).

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Port Alberni, Canada
Reviewed 7 March 2011

THE ROOM - clean, calm, warm, scent-free ith incredible linens and a super comfy bed. The bathroom offered a double person soaker tub with a seperate shower stall.
THE FOOD - exquisite and very eye appealing. A wonderful fresh continental breakfast awaited us each morning. For supper, the crab and steak were TO DIE FOR!
THE BEACH - uncomparable, providing fun for old & young together. At age 52 & 54, unathletic & a bit scared to try something new, we still found an incredible surf instructor who actually made it seem easy.
Thanks Liam. :)
THE REAL TREASURE - is in it's incredible staff. Everyone with whom we had contact with were classy, kind, professional, thoughtful, thorough, and sincere.
THE GIFT - On a side note. We were theGrand Prize Winners of the Facebook to 5000 likes. Every part of the gift was acknowledged and compounded on.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 4 March 2011

This was a once in a lifetime experience I could definitely say besides the beautiful open ocean and its powerful waves, I never thought such kind and genuine people existed lol. The welcoming service my Father, wife and I experienced was so overwhelming, that we decided to stay an extra 3 nights. We were treated with the upmost respect throughout our stay from the time we arrived to when we departed. anytime I called the front desk for a thing or two literally someone would be knocking on our Hotel room within 30 seconds with more than I even asked for lol , we were always greeted with the most heartwarming smile and service. Words really cant describe the fabulous experience we had at LongBeach Lodge Resort .

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Vancouver
Reviewed 1 March 2011

I've stayed at LBL a number of times when travelling for business and my husband and I have come for a few mini-vacations over the past few years. Our most recent trip was just a few weeks ago and as always, we had an excellent stay. I've always stayed in the lodge so I can't comment on the cottages but they look cozy. We love the ocean view. We could sit and look out at it all day and we often do. I've stayed in rooms looking out to the forest side and they are well appointed but just can't compare to a view of the fantastic surf and brave surfers and the sun setting out on the horizon.

A winter visit gives you a perfect excuse to sleep late and spend the better part of the day reading books curled up beside the gas fireplace in your room looking out at the ocean. A nice long late afternoon walk on the beach followed by a hot bath in the huge tub and some fabulous seafood for dinner in pretty near perfect. We love it here. It is definitely a bit pricey but they often have great specials, especially if you're going in the off season or last minute. The staff have always been very nice and helpful. We try to come at least once a year and we'd come more often if given the opportunity. It's a long trip to Tofino but the spectacular wild west coast and LBL makes it totally worth it!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2011

Location was beautiful, staff friendly and helpful. The beach front rooms offer an amazing view of the beach. Lay in your bed and watch the sun sets. Only complaint was a funny sewage type smell when you first enter your room. We found out it's from the propane fireplace and the smell is gone within seconds of turning on the fan. Overall a great place to visit.

• Stayed February 2011
vancouver
Reviewed 28 February 2011

Loved here. Didn't want to leave. All the reviews are spot on the money. Amazing location, fantastic staff, wonderful food, so relaxing..I could go on and on. Book this place now!
We had an oceanfront room and from the minute we arrived, we were seriously in relaxation mode. So chilled out. There is nothing pretentious about the place. I have never been to a place before where the staff were this friendly, helpful and so full of kindness. I hope they are well looked after by management as they deserve to be.

one thing - Another reviewer complained about the bathroom and the cold floors, the fireplace etc. Maybe there needs to be a little instruction manual for the fire, the underfloor heating in the bathroom etc. We figured things out fairly quickly as we travel a lot but for others, it might not be as easy.

Bottom line, we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tofino
Wickaninnish Inn and The Pointe Restaurant
Best Western Tin Wis Resort
Pacific Sands Beach Resort
Middle Beach Lodge
Middle Beach Lodge
#7 of 16 in Tofino
Tofino Motel HarbourView
Black Rock Oceanfront Resort

Been to Long Beach Lodge Resort? Share your experiences!