“Relaxing Honeymoon Destination” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
Bellingham, Washington
“Relaxing Honeymoon Destination”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

My husband and I LOVED our stay at Long Beach Lodge Resort for our 4 night honeymoon. From the minute we pulled in front of the main doors, there was someone at our car helping us carry bags up to our room. This type of customer-first, friendly, helpful service was the hallmark of our stay.

We stayed in the Duxiana room which is advertised for its uniquely comfy bed, but your view is blocked by the Penthouse suite. When we return (which we definitely will), we will opt for a different room as the view was more blocked than we anticipated and the bed wasn't anything magnificent. What was nice was the oversize soaker tub!

The beach just outside the resort is breathtaking to walk along, and the surf school is a blast!

I would totally recommend this resort for anyone looking for a relaxing few days on the ocean. You are guaranteed stellar service and a beautiful place!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brioline624

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (570)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

This is a difficult review to write. The Long Beach Lodge definitely has some awesome aspects (eye popping views!); however, I’m not sure that I would recommend it for everyone.

The hi-light of the lodge was definitely the extraordinary scenery! The grounds, the beach, and the views out into the Pacific were breathtaking (plus several more adjectives)! Though we visited in June (mix of sun/showers), I would imagine the storms must be stunning from the lodge during winter.

We stayed in the main lodge and found the common areas to be nicely laid out, roomy, clean, well decorated, and cozy/warm. The staff seemed generally friendly and helpful.

The one big oddity was our room, which featured a bathroom that was actually open to the rest of the room. I believe the idea was supposed to be romantic (huge tub looking out across the bed to the fireplace); however, this also allowed you to sit on the toilet and enjoy the fireplace too (and for the rest of the room to enjoy you on the toilet). Very strange. There was a blind that one could lower to semi-hide the bathroom, though we couldn’t get ours to lower. Instead, we used the toilet in the common area for a bit of privacy. The experience quite humored us, though it would probably also stop us from staying in the room again.

The location of Long Beach Lodge is a few miles outside of Tofino. When we booked the reservation, we were under the impression there wasn’t anything really to see in town – and thus it wouldn’t matter to be outside of town. In actuality, the town is quite cute and I believe on our next visit we might find a location in Tofino.

In summary, if you have lots of disposable income, your goal is to enjoy some wonderful R&R with amazing scenery, and you’re the type who likes company in the bathroom – then I would definitely recommend the lodge. If you’d rather spend your money on adventure (kayaking, bear watching, hot springs, bike riding, etc.), you like to walk around town and meet the locals, and you prefer your bathrooms with walls – then I would recommend finding a cozier place in town and perhaps going to dinner one evening at the lodge.

Room Tip: Inquire whether the bathroom has 4 walls when booking...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank livn247
Torquay, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

Actually stayed March 2010 not 2011 but not an option on selection bar and catching up onall my old reviews - Withoutdoubt great place to stay - Drinks prices werent cheap but the setting and ambience was absolutely awesome - We were in BC for 3 weeks doing some skiing and visitng friends and took time out for 2 days & 1 night in Tofino - wished we had stayed longer.....walking out of our room onto a widlerness like beach was a breathtaking experience - I cannot imagine going here in Summer - winter/spring passing the Tsunami evac routewarnings and watching the waves roll in was breath taking - well doneTofino lodge - we will be back (when we can afford another trip accross the pond)

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RichHB
Squamish British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2011

I have never stayed in such a beautuful resort as the Long Beach Lodge Resort. The staff are friendly, attentive and go above and beyond to make sure your stay is the best one you will ever have. The rooms are gorgeous, clean and spacious. The restaurant serves delicious meals and decadent desserts and the view from the dining room is spectacular. They have an arrangement with a cycling company that will deliver bikes to the resort should you and your little ones want to cycle around the area! Amazing...You will want for nothing if you stay at LBL. I will receommend the resort to anyone and everyone I meet from now on....

I have only been home for a few days and am already planning my next trip back.

Thanks to all the staff for making my holiday such a happy and fulfilling one.

Room Tip: If you want views of the ocean - stay in the lodge as apposed to the cabins - cabins are fabulous if...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ScottishGal2011
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

The resort, as always, was a delight to stay at. The staff was pleasant and helpful, the dining was terrific, the rooms were clean and fresh every day and the lodge and beach with the views, sounds and smells make the resort a favorite. I regularly refer friends and clients to stay here. It's never disappointed.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank WhiteRockTraveller50
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

My husband and I are currently staying at this resort (I'm using the business centre to write this review) but I'm so impressed I didn't want to wait until I got home to write about how great it is here.

It took a little while to get used to some of the unusual aspects of the resort, such as no information package in the rooms, no minibar and no room service but I quickly realized that this is because it's so laid back here that you can ask for anything at any time and it will be found or provided for you. As an example, I felt like snacking at 11pm last night and my husband went to the reception to ask if there was anything available. The reception staff appeared with several bags of potato chips and gave them to my husband for free!

The rooms are spacious and well-equipped, the beds are extremely comfortable and everything is meticulously clean and well-organized. The staff are so helpful and friendly, Leslie in the restaurant is just amazing and went out of her way to provide outstanding service, interesting conversation and a huge smile at every opportunity.

The service and food in the restaurant is nothing short of amazing. I have a gluten allergy and the chef adapted every meal to accommodate my allergies, which meant that I ate better here than I ever do at home. Every single meal was spectacular and nothing was too much trouble. Even when I didn't ask, the chef and waiting staff made sure everything was safe for me to eat.

Also, my continental breakfast, which was included in the cost of the room, was replaced with a free hot breakfast each morning as there was very little for me to eat from the continental breakfast - again, this was offered without me having to ask.

The view from our room was beautiful and the view from the Great Room is spectacular.

I would definitely stay here again and would certainly recommend this to anyone either with or without children. It's the staff that make this place so amazing, and I wish I could take the chef's home with me!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Theitodds
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2011

Amazing place to stay!! The cabins were fully equipped with anything and everything you need. So cute and cozy, right in the nature! Tons of activities to do, with the best surfing I've seen...no rocks to worry about, no big fish/animals, and a good surf with instructors for beginners at a good price. Also, very close to the town of Tofino for outings and sightseeing. The service was wonderful and the lodge had a great complimentary continental breakfast with freshly baked pastries and freshly squeezed juices every morning. Perfect place to watch the sunset.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends