“Lovely resort”

Long Beach Lodge Resort
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Situated right on the lovely beach at Cox Bay. We had a partial ocean view room. The bed was extremely comfortable, two armchairs to sink in, and a great bathroom with a jetted bath tub and separate shower cubicle, bathrobes and Toiletries provided. Tea and coffee making facilities. There were even two windcheaters in the wardrobe in case of rain. There is a laundry facility on site for washing and drying clothes. The breakfast was continental, great pastries unfortunately for my weight....Fruit, juices, bread etc... You could order cooked items at an extra cost. We ate at the Lodge in the evenings and the food is of a very high standard. Staff without exception extremely helpful, polite and friendly. Great resort where the only noise at night was the sound of the Pacific waves on the beach. Highly recommend.

1  Thank travelcaro
Write a ReviewReviews (3,196)

Reviewed 19 September 2011

My husband and I used to visit you while we were still footloose and fancy-free. I am so appreciative that we can bring our now 3 year old and be met with the same gracious, friendly service we have had over the years. I have been coming to Tofino since I was a child and have camped/resorted/and stayed at numerous places, from low to high end. LBL is my absolute favourite for everything - but the truly family friendly service puts you over the top! And heck, we even spotted a cougar this time! Special thanks to Justin, Turik and all of the gang. We hope to see you soon!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We booked a room with partial ocean view. Room was nicely decorated with a good kingsize bed and bathroom with shower and jetted tube. But missed that extra that we expected from a number 1 rating on tripadvisor.
Unfortunately we received a ground floor room with a very bad smell... a wet dog smell.
As there were no other rooms available we had to stay and the smell stayed with us.
I think it is great that hotels allow dogs but it is not fair that people without a dog have to pay a lot for a room with a bad smell.
I think for the price paid, you can find much better...

Room Tip: Find something else or book a room on a higher floor where no pets are allowed.
3  Thank Wendygoesaround
Reviewed 18 September 2011

On the whole it was a fabulous stay, we felt the room was nicely suited for our dog, the towels and blanket were helpful, and your staff are fantastic. I hurt my leg, and one of your front desk staff was actually sprinting around looking for an ice-pack for me, and ended up making me a real one with ice. I will definitely be recommending LBLR to others.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

This was our 3rd stay in the last 7 years and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. The Great Room is incredible and we spent as much time there as we could, enjoying a glass of BC wine and taking in the view. Rooms are very spacious, the beds are comfortable, and we enjoyed sleeping with the sliding door open and listening to the surf each night in our ocean view room. Showers were tight but otherwise the rooms have everything you need. Overall great value in my opinion.

Room Tip: We've stayed in an ocean view room on 3rd floor, and have stayed on the second floor as well in...
Reviewed 17 September 2011

A friend of mine chose this hotel when booking. I was a little wary when I heard it was Long Beach Lodge because I had visited this location once before (probably over a year or two ago) to take a look around for future trip potential. I was treated very poorly by the staff member at the registration desk and swore never to return. Imagine my surprise upon this visit to find the complete opposite. The staff were wonderfully welcoming - every single one of them. The accommodation was superb, the meals absolutely delicious and the location a delight for the senses! I have no idea what changes were made or when but I have to say that I truly look forward to visiting again in the future. Thank you

Room Tip: Having a higher room means you can leave your window wide open to hear the waves, the ground level i...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 September 2011

What I liked about Long Beach Lodge, as opposed to some other properties in this price category, was its easygoing vibe. I’d describe the ethos here as hard-working, friendly surfer.

You can certainly dress for dinner at Long Beach Lodge; you’d feel right at home. But you can also dine in your shorts and t-shirt, and you’ll feel equally at home.

And the restaurant is very good, so you never really have to leave this place. I liked that a lot. I also enjoyed the fact that the chef teaches surf lessons and occasionally sings in the kitchen.

Another thing I appreciated was the location of the property, right on Cox Beach, snuggled up to Pacific Rim Nation Park. We stayed here in early September, and ambling south into the park along the beach was a stunning treat of which I never tired. Gazing into the sunset over the water also never got old. Just eating breakfast or dinner at “our table” by the window was special, not only because of the view. The décor inside that great room where you eat is lovely, warm, and inviting.

I also liked the townhouse we rented. It was on the end, and it was quiet and gorgeous on the inside, with tons of natural wood. It contained everything we needed, plus a lot we didn’t need, like raincoats and umbrellas. And there were no annoying notes on the cupboards in the kitchen reminding you to wash your dishes and put everything back just the way you found it. Hooray! But best of all, it had its own hot tub, which was clean, private, warm, and ready to go when we arrived.

The staff here were super helpful and friendly, very attentive to our needs. I can’t say enough nice things about them. And the breakfast that comes with your room is full of fresh, house-made pastries, fresh fruit and yogurt, great juices, and good coffee. The in-room coffee is surprisingly good too. Long Beach Lodge was exactly what I wanted. And what my son wanted. He surfs, so he was thrilled to be right at the best local surf spot for the time of year we were here. Would we stay here again? Definitely.

Room Tip: townhouses have their own hot tubs; townhouses on the end are quietest
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family