“Breathtaking West Coast”

Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
Comox, British Columbia, Canada
“Breathtaking West Coast”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This was my first trip to Tofino. I live on Vancouver Island, in the Comox Valley and thought where I live is paradise. That is until I set foot at Long Beach Lodge Resort and saw the views of the Pacific Ocean. WOW.....truly breathtaking!
The staff were friendly. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. The meals in the Great Room were cozy and extremely amazing views of the Ocean. The breakfast in the morning was very satisfying.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (577)
duncan bc
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I'm writing this review on my expierence with Long Beach Lodge and Resort , my girlfriend stays here when she comes to tofino , but i havent had the pleasure of spending time there yet, but will in the future thats a given after what this resort has done .There is a girl who is dying of Hunington's disease and her wish was to visit Tofino , my girlfriend and I saw her story on the news , and i got thinking what can we do for her , my girlfriend said call and see if Long Beach Resort will give us a discount so we can make this girl's dream come true , so i made the call to the General Manager Perry Schmunk , and told him this girl's story , and i asked if he can help out with maybe a discount , within 15 mins talking with Perry, i had an email giving her a choice on what dates she would prefer . Perry didnt give her a discount but he gave her 3 nights 4 day accomadation, with breakfast for her and her care workers , dinner for 3 , and for Lee-Anne the most exciting part a adventure tour around tofino, since Lee-Anne with her disease can't control her body temp the resort is turning the hottub in her cottage so that its cold , This gesture shows , that this is a classy resort and in the busiest season he got them all this . This goes to show that this more than a business to Perry , this is a truly a classy resort with classy management this doesnt get 5 stars but 10 stars . thanks again Perry for all you have done for this girl .

1 Thank gopens6687
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Your staff were simply amazing, I did not walk by one person anywhere in the resort without them acknowledhing me as a valued guest. My husband and I were very impressed. We had dinner at the Wickininnish one night and were underwhelmed compared with our meals at Long Beach which were incredible. Your staff were by far the friendliest and most accomodating we have ever seen at a resort. everything else was absolutely perfect! it was the best 25th anniversary trip! Thanks Oakville Onatrio

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Without question the best place to stay in Tofino. LBL is in a great location with lovely facilities, and a staff willing to go the extra mile. The early morning coffee was delicious, as is the excellent food served in the Lodge's beautiful Great Room. The included breakfast is lovely, with a full breakfast available if you want/need anything more. We had stayed at another upscale facility in Tofino in the past, but found it stodgy and far more expensive. The Lodge is spacious and expanse, so even if full, you never have a feeling that it's "crowded"; and the vibe is really positive and nice. The on-grounds cabins are a great option for families as well, since they have added privacy and kitchens as an option, a nice touch when traveling with the kids.
Staff at LBL truly want you to enjoy Tofino and their Lodge the way they do, and you truly will!

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2012

The Long Beach Lodge Resort far surpassed our expectations. The staff made our family feel right at home and were more friendly and helpful than we could have expected, we all surfed and the instructors were great with our kids and the new surf club is extremely well appointed . The quality of the accomodation also exceeded our expectation as it was relaxed but very luxurious at the same time. The quality of food was excellent and comparable to what you would expect from any great restaurant in the world. The staff go the extra mile to make your stay special and this trip has become our all time favorite family vacation to date.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I waited to write this review for more than 4 weeks after I stayed there, I didn't want to write it in anger and therefore give a biased view. First off- don't take children here although they had a playpen it's not really small child friendly. When we checked I could not understand a word the girl was saying, my husband agreed that she was almost incoherent. We were informed that if we wanted to eat we should do so within the next 20 minutes because the dining room was booked up for the evening and they do not offer any room service because that would be inconvenient for the staff to have to deliver to your cabin ( their words not mine) The cabin itself was ok, the leather chairs had some damage and it was cold- even with the heat on. They do provide rain jackets, but no information in the cabin on other places to eat or get delivery from, no info on tsunami evacuation procedure and no info on operating the hot tub. The kitchen facility is excellent- if there had been a grocery store nearby or open. The beach is gorgeous rain or shine and worth the drive. All in all for the price we paid to stay here one night (over $400 bucks) was not worth it-next time I would go elsewhere and be less cold and hungry.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Diana G
Squamish_7, General Manager at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Readers,

I would like to apologize to this reviewer for their recent stay.

At the time of check-in there might have been some miscommunication on our part - this guest checked in at 5:00pm and we offer “kids dine free” at both our 5:00PM and 5:30PM seating’s in the restaurant – the comments about the “next 20 minutes” might have been to make sure the guest was aware of this offer.

We do offer playpens for infants as this guest requested.

Each cottage has its own gas fireplace, which when turned on can more than heat the entire cottage with in a very short time period.

As far as Tsunami information goes the resort is small (less than 8 acres.) The Lodge has 65 staff on site and they are trained in the event a tsunami warning is issued. It is at this time that every guest on the property would be contacted and given instructions on what to do – given the nature of that particular warning. If a guest is at either Cox Bay (the beach that Long Beach Lodge Resort is located on, or Chesterman Beach (next bay to the North), there are Tsunami sirens, which would be notify anyone on the beach both by an audible alert and then give directions.

We as a hotel have gone away from the more typical guest directory, and replaced by the welcome letter that encourages all guests to contact either the front desk or myself directly should there be any concern (however big or small) I can be contacted at any time and encourage all guests should you have any concern, do not hesitate to contact me, as I will do everything possible to make sure your stay at Long Beach Lodge is at its best!

Best regards,
Perry Schmunk
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed at the lodge for 6 days in July here....I found the view to be outstanding,you have to get a oceanfront view. As for the lodge it self, found the food to be "OK", based on the price that you had to pay...Free Breakfast, could do with a change every few days as it got boring at the end,different fruit, etc.....Deserts had much to be desired, and little more on the plate, so at least you could see them !

Only other grip I had was with internet , or lack of it !! The wireless connection was brutal at best...was told a few times take your laptop down the hall to the coke machine , you will get a better connection !!! I am NOT standing by a coke machine to get a better connection, if I am paying $350 a night !!

A service that must be improved on !! To make this a 5 star, you can get as many reviews as you want, but to tell someone to go and stand by the coke machine and read emails !!

I guess I was no the only one with the connection problem, as you would see many times throughout the day people standing by the coke machine, now I know why !!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple