“Second time and not disappointed”

Long Beach Lodge Resort
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We returned to stay at the lodge 2 years after we were married here, and we might love it even more! It was definitely cooler this time around (previously, we had been there in September and this time was November), but that didn't deter us from enjoying the scenery. We had a cottage this time because we needed more space. The extra money was worth it as it allowed us to buy treats from little shops in Tofino and keep them fresh. The staff was always friendly and helpful. The views while eating from the Great Room are still some of the best I've seen.

Our cottage was very spaceous, with the bedroom and large bathroom downstairs, as well as a bedroom and small bathroom upstairs. The beds were very comfortable, although it was hard to find a pillow that wasn't really puffy or lumpy. My only 2 complaints about our room was that the main bathroom floor was freezing because there is no heater in there and they had obviously just done some drywall work and painting because there was drywall dust over a lot of the bathroom and the whole cottage smelled like paint for quite awhile.

We enjoyed the hot tub and relaxing outside, knowing that it was freezing and snowing back home.

We will return again and again and will always stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
lblr, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Thank you for your comments, I am pleased that you enjoyed your second visit. We get great weather in the fall in Tofino, but this November has been exceptional.
In the bathrooms there is heating under the tile, the floor should have been nice and warn. There is a control on the bathroom wall to control the heat, it must have been turned off. I am very sorry that there was some drywall dust remaining and that the cottage smelled like paint. We are going through and painting all the cottages. I will mention this to the housekeeping manager to make sure that all the dust is removed and that the cottages are aired out before receiving guests. I hope that you will visit us again soon.

Tim Hackett

Write a ReviewReviews (3,188)

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I had a wonderful experience at the Long Beach Lodge and Resort in Tofino BC.. It began with a warm welcome from the front desk. There were smiles at every turn. The cottages are very clean and inviting with once again a genuine feeling of caring. The dining room is open and the view of the ocean takes my breath away. Kimberley the restaurant manager and Colleen our server treated myself and my quest like royalty. I also visited the Surf Shop for my first experience of surfing. Jake is a wonderful young man that helped me enjoy the ocean surf and made me laugh all the time. Thank you again Long Beach Lodge and Resort for a great time..
I will recommend you highly..

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
lblr, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thank you for your review, I am pleased you had such a great visit. Kimberly and Colleen are both wonderful, I feel blessed to have them as part of our F and B team. Jake is a new instructor and is doing an amazing job as well. We will all look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

The pictures of this place don't do it justice - the layout of the entire property is amazing... the hotel rooms are nice, we stayed in a partial ocean view on the 3rd floor and it might has well been considered full ocean view, it was amazing and listening to the waves breaking while sitting by the fire made it even more beautiful. All i could think of the entire time we were there is how perfect this place would be for a wedding!

Room Tip: Third floor you get the best view of the beach!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
lblr, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I hope you were here for the beautiful weather and sunsets all this week. We have weddings every week, always with lovely brides! Megan, our wedding planner does a wonderful job, looking after every detail.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We visited Long Beach Lodge Resort from Nov 15 - 17. We wanted a relaxing weekend to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary and the Tofino area seemed the right place. After looking at options reviewed on TripAdvisor we decided on Long Beach Lodge Resort and were not disappointed!
All the staff were very friendly and helpful, starting with the front desk who checked us in quickly and efficiently, and from the housekeeping staff to our waiters/waitress' in the Great Room. Of special mention would be the charming host in the Great Room with the Scottish (?) accent (I think his name was Alan? Sorry for my bad memory) and our server Ryan.
The resort had made note that it was our anniversary and there was a complimentary bottle of wine awaiting us in our beautiful room (more later). We also had complimentary glasses of champagne when we came down for dinner our first evening.
The room was lovely - very comfortable and the fireplace made it cozy too. We had a deluxe oceanfront room in the lodge. Even though it was too chilly to sit on the balcony, because of the glass railings we still had a spectacular view of the beach and ocean from our easy chairs in the room. As other reviews have noted, there are umbrellas and rain slickers for your use in the rooms.
Dinner in the restaurant was delicious. My husband and I both chose the feature menu which included fresh sable fish. Given the location, I don't think the prices are out of line. Also, continental breakfast is included with your stay. For lighter fare they have an "Apres Surf" menu that includes wings and burgers and such.
I had read in a previous review about relaxing in the great room with a board game and glass of wine, which is exactly what we did later Saturday afternoon. The resort has a selection of board games to choose from and several comfy areas near the fireplace to relax while enjoying the view of the beach out the huge windows.
Our only regret is that we didn't have longer to stay as we would have liked to explored the sauna and hot tub area available at the Surf Club. Next time.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
lblr, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Happy Anniversary! Think you for your great review, I am delighted that you had a wonderful visit. We will look forward to your next visit as return guests.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This resort was located in an amazing place along the beach and truly allowed us to finally relax. Our room was gorgeous and the little touches left in the room made us feel special. The Great Room for dining is beautiful and made me want to hang out there all day. The food was so delicious and the wine on offer divine. The waitstaff were friendly and dedicated. This is one holiday that will stay in our memories forever.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
lblr, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you had such a relaxing visit. Chef Ian and his kitchen crew are great, having a passion to produce wonderful food. We look forward to your next visit as a return guest.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I can't believe how friendly the staff was. They made an impact. Such beautiful grounds and facilities. Beyond amazing food and the most spectacular location in the world. Thank you very much for making our honey moon so memorable.

Adam + Roselle.

Room Tip: We stayed in 306. It was perfect. Couldn't hear a peep from anybody else. Gorgeous way to wake u...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
lblr, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Adam and Roselle,

Congratulations on your recent marriage, we wish you both a long and happy life together.

I am delighted that you had a wonderful honeymoon at the Lodge. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff, why will greatly appreciate your mention.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We wandered into this place while just looking over Tofino. They had a ground floor room. With the door open (at Christmas!) we could hear the surf breaking just out the door. Hot tub in the room! Luxurious.

It was not real crowded when we were there but I'd bet that is rare. There seemed to be more waitstaff than there were of us (5). The Great Room was amazing but so were walks on the beach.

We watched surfers (did I mention this was at Christmas!). I think half the wait staff just worked there so they could surf. I asked them about the water temp and they said it was only a degree or so colder than summer but the waves were much bigger, and they had wetsuits.

Good place for romance but maybe bad if there is a Tsunami!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
lblr, Owner at Long Beach Lodge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you for your review, I am pleased you enjoyed your visit. One of these years I would love to spend Christmas in a log cabin in Montana.

Christmas is a wonderful time at the Lodge, warm and cosy rooms, beautiful decorations, lights and traditional Christmas feasts, prepared daily by our Chef Ian and his crew. This year is going to be special as our renovations will be complete and ready for our guests over the holidays.