Just stayed at Long Beach Lodge June 13 and 14. Did a lot of research and certainly glad we ended up picking the lodge. Cox bay is by far the best beach to stay on if you want to hear the surf and play in the waves. The bay also seems to be cleaner than chesterman.
With regards to the resort itself, the resort was excellent, but there is always room for improvement. But lets start with the good points.
1. Unbelievable location, right on cox bay. Make sure to get a room with a view of the ocean. We had the room with partial view on the north side, and you could definitely see the ocean. A real bonus if you are a surfer and want to see how the waves are rolling. Make sure to get up early in the morning to explore the beach at low tide. Wildlife galore in the tidal pools.
2. Rooms are top notch. Gas fireplace, little balcony, corkscrew, full shower and jet tubs, king bed was excellent. Robes and rain slickers are provided as well which would be a bonus in storm season.
3. The patio bar serves food during the day, and there are a couple places where you can even bring your own wine and sit on the paio chairs which we did. In fact, i fell asleep in one of the chairs listening to the waves! Bring a few bottles of wine with you for walks on the beach!
4. Restaurant overlooks the ocean and has many panoramic views of the beach. Spectacular.
5. Surf club at top of parking lot was handy. Board and wetsuit rental is a little pricier than in town, but they let you change boards mid rental, which makes it very convenient. Wish the hot tub was next to the beach though!
6. Pizza was excellent. Make sure to try one.
7. Surf. Best beach of the main public beaches - non park, and i went to them all. Always seemed to be something working, no matter time of day. Simply amazing.
Minor issues/room for improvement
1. Food at the restaurant is a little pricey, and the butter for the crab was errantly swapped with oil, and we waitied far too long for the real butter! Not sure how that could happen but stuff happens i guess. Training day perhaps?. But one meal at the restaurant is a must, just for the views.
Overall, an excellent experience, and would definitely stay here again. Staff was wonderful and friendly, providing excellent tips on things to do and what to see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our luxury Oceanfront Tofino Accommodations! A luxurious beachfront resort for the discerning traveler, is perched on the edge of Cox Bay, between the pristine beauty of Pacific Rim National Park and spectacular Clayoquot Sound. This cedar-shingled lodge offers 5 star amenities and casual service in a rustic setting, creating a perfect, serene retreat from everyday responsibilities. This area has become a year-round destination for those who revel in unspoiled wilderness. Walk along endless stretches of deserted beach, hike rainforest trails, explore the galleries and shops or simply sit, relax, watch and wonder at it all.Experience the natural beauty, exceptional amenities and handcrafted cuisine at Long Beach Lodge Resort, our luxurious Tofino resort located on a beautiful beach front acreage on Vancouver Island's rugged West Coast. The Resort is set amongst the native coastal vegetation and takes full advantage of the expansive sandy beach and the open ocean with wild west coast surf... in fact it is one of the few Tofino hotels that can claim such a spectacular locale. Come view Tofino's biggest waves from the comfort of our iconic Great Room and partake in some of our award-winning cuisine!Long Beach Lodge is the ONLY resort on Cox Bay Beach offering ANY of these in-house services:full service restaurant & lounge (Great Room) surf instruction & rentals with spa-like change rooms, lockers, hot tub & sauna (Surf Club Centre) boat charter service (Marine Adventures); whale watching, bear watching and other wildlife viewing We are honored to be recognized as the #1 Vancouver Island Resort by Condé Nast Traveler Magazine Reader Choice Awards AND a TripAdvisor Travellers' Choice 2013 winner! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Long Beach Lodge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Hotel Tofino
- Long Beach Resort
- Long Beach Lodge Resort Tofino, Canada - Vancouver Island