HI-Tofino - Whaler’s on the Point Guesthouse
Melbourne, Australia
“Bliss!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Wow, what an incredible hostel! Everything from the ocean front views, to the open fireplace and super friendly staff, this hostel ticks every box! Great kitchen and communal areas, super clean, perfect location. Could not fault this hostel in any way. A perfect place to stay in an incredible coastal haven. Absolute bliss!

Room Tip: Room 'S' was the bomb. Almost like in a private suit. We shared a bathroom with only one oth...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Located right near the center of Tofino on the waterfront. The view from the lounge could not be better. Great facilities including a games room with free pool. All rooms and communal bathrooms were very clean.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This hostel is beyond beautiful! I loved every aspect of it. There is a beautiful large kitchen and both inside and outside eating areas. It was always quiet and clean. Also a quick 4 minute walk into the main parts of town. I would 100% return to this hostel :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This hostel was wonderful. It had a large, fully equipped kitchen, games room, and plenty of space to hang out. The dorms were nice, and the beds were super comfy. The view is amazing as well - you wake up to the ocean. The staff was very helpful and friendly, and helped us figure out what to do. Although $30 seemed a little pricy for a hostel, I am very glad I chose to stay at Whaler's. I will definitely stay there again next time I visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank bean_mrgz
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Still waiting for the manager to call. I made a reservation by phone earlier in the year and the clerk screwed up ( I have proof) and booked me in a month before I was to show up with a companion traveling from overseas. When I called weeks later to confirm my room, they just said 'Sorry, your mistake' and charged me $113 for the room'. After repeated calls, Zul manager finally promised to have the GM review the situation but he has never answered my emails or contacted me. This despite my sendinghim my Google Calendar entry for the actual reservation and a detailed explanation about my friend's itinerary to show him how I could never arrive there on that proposed date. Didn't matter. Ironically the last and only time I stayed there they were so accommodating that I wrote a glowing review of the place. Now I see his business manner in a different light. Get everything on paper folks; once they have your money, it's gone. And I see in another review that I'm not the only person who has had this happened to him.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank Carlo L
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed one night in this hostel and was super impressed. The bedding was amazing for a hostel, easily the nicest room quality I've seen in a hostel. So that could be the reason for the $40 a night dorm bed price.

The whole property is great, well taken care of and in a wonderful location. We decided to do the hot spring tour for $100. I don't recommend it, by the time you get there you only have about 2 hours. I wanted to spend the whole day there so was disapointed with the cost / value. But I'm sure when the whales are out and about it would make it very worthwhile.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Prince George, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

WE had 3 generations in one 4 bed room. Clean, friendly and convenient.It was a memorable stay. Meeting people, sharing adventures and THE BEST LOCATION. The kitchen gets a bit hectic at dinner time so make your meals the quick and easy variety using as few dishes, utensils as possible or, like one family I saw,... bring your own! The Foozball and Pool tables were a hit with the kids.

Room Tip: Room I(i) is a corner room with 2 windows.. 2 bunks and a very good view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family