“A stop over for brunch”
Review of Darwin's Cafe

Darwin's Cafe
Ranked #30 of 57 Restaurants in Tofino
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Nicely located, Darwin's attracted us coz we were looking for a vegetarian restaurant. Though we couldn't get proper meals or snacks there, we got yummy eggless cake. It's located in the botanical garden, and kinda in between Ucluelet and Tofino.
If I could ask for something from Darwin's, it would be more options for vegetarians. Otherwise, a very comfortable and hospitable atmosphere!

There are newer reviews for Darwin's Cafe

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Back in 2007 me and two friends had a great dinner here. I remember it was the best surf&turf I had ever had. So obviously I couldn't wait to bring my girlfriend here when we visited in May 2014. You can imagine my disappointment when I walked in to make a reservation and learned that Darwin's Café doesn't serve dinner anymore. Guess I shouldn't have waited 7 years to return to Tofino!

Luckily they did serve lunch, so a couple of days later we came in for that. The two guys that were on duty were very nice. Not everything on the menu was available, so I gave the chef carte blanche and asked him to just make us something good. We got a nice green salad and a dish of scrambled eggs with salmon and tomato. Nothing special (it sure didn't compare to the 2007 surf&turf), but tasty and served with a smile :-)

Afterwards we sat in the sunny garden for a while reading a book. The atmosphere was very pleasant, however the classical music that they play was a little loud to my taste and eventually got on my nerves a bit. All in all worth a visit (especially if you take the opportunity to walk through the botanical gardens).

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This is a great place for a drink, muffins, and lunch. Great aromas escaping from the kitchen in a botanical garden,

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I ate here a few times while staying at the Ecolodge. I was impressed that they had Gluten Free options and the food was fantastic. They have free wi-fi but the connection isn't that strong. The gardens are really lovely. It would be a great place to sit outside, watch the chickens and have a cup of tea.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Swell food and a great setting. Darwin's cafe is located at the botanical gardens and doesn't disappoint. The setting is lovely and serene and the food very good and reasonably priced.