For so many reasons...when we decided to renew our wedding vows (after 10 years of marriage, almost 16 together) we knew we wanted to have the ceremony in a place that would be symbolic of all we have overcome as we have celebrated life's ups and triumphed over the downs, and an injury to a family member (one we are grateful wasn't fatal). We knew the ocean and all it's powerful glory would be the perfect partner in our vows, and the vibe in Tofino would help make the whole event more than memorable. But where to stay? Camping, not a good choice since a wedding dress came along for the trip. We stumbled upon Ocean Village online...how to express how glad we are that serendipitous discovery happened!? Driving onto the property is magical, to see the quaint little cabins all lined up with the ocean waves crashing on the beach just mere footsteps away!!! Everything was so clean, and the lawns so beautifully kept, the natural beauty of the area is perfectly blended with how the buildings are laid out...the kids (10 and 9) were besides themselves when they finally saw the building with the pool and hot tub!
To the front desk we go, and there we meet Kim! Who was so patient while we hoped to be able to move from a garden view to an ocean view cabin. Not only was she patient, but she made it happen! Cabin #8 became our home for the next few nights! We arrived quite a bit before the 3pm check in time, and were quite content to wander by the ocean until our room was ready, we certainly didn't expect anyone to have to rush because we were anxious. But Kim took our cell number, and said she'd call when our cabin was ready. We walked by cabin #8, and were so happily surprised to see a lovely young lady already working on getting it ready for us. We walked along the beach for what was less than a 1/2 hour, and our cell rang, our cabin was ready! Above and beyond customer service to say the least!
Walking into the cabin was all I hoped for! Big bed for us, two pull out style beds for the kids, a beautiful bathroom, with a huge tub, complimentary shower products, lovely towels, and room to spread out our own toiletries. Full kitchen stocked with all you'd need for meals (equipment wise) and some very yummy coffee! Our dog even had some treats waiting, and a dish, and a towel which became his place to dry off from the ocean side walks. On the table for us, a complimentary bottle of wine and a congrats card for our vow renewals. Cabins are so clean, nice laminate floors that are easy to sweep, and electric heat!!! The location, out of town while simply being a quick drive into town is quite the appeal as well!!!
The emotions of the trip for us ran high, our vow renewals were significant in recognition of all we went through, Kim helped tie a beautiful bow around it all, with how much she simply seemed to care that we were well taken care of. The kids spent so much time in the pool, they loved it!
Thank you Ocean Village for allowing us all the memories we hoped would be created by this trip.
PS: reading this back to my hubby he simply said "Kim is so awesome, I can't say enough"
For us, Ocean Village offered it all, family friendly surroundings, perfect customer service and memories that for lack of a better cliche will last a lifetime. Even for our little shih tzu, who while running on the beach got to practise being a real dog!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled comfortably on beautiful MacKenzie Beach, minutes from the picturesque village of Tofino. Our property is ideally located for guests to enjoy all of the activities this breathtaking area has to offer. Unobstructed views and direct beach access from your oceanfront cabin. Renovated and updated for maximum comfort, our iconic “beehive” cabins are available year-round at affordable, family-friendly rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Ocean Village Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Village Beach Hotel Tofino
- Ocean Village Beach Resort Tofino, Canada - Vancouver Island