Stayed two nights at Jamie's Rainforest Inn as part of a stop-over to see the black bears and go whale watching. As another reviewer has already said, the Inn appears to have been recently modernised and decorated. Our room, number 6, was a large spacious room fitted with two well sized comfortable queen beds with 4 pillows and soft bedding. The beds are comfortable and my wife and I would score them a 7-8 out of 10. The room comes with a on-suite bath/ shower combo and a separate sink/ vanity area at the end of the bedroom. There is also a small kitchenette area with a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The TV is a good size with a good selection of channels. The Inn is located about 2 miles from the centre of Tofino and backs on to its own private part of the forest with paths that lead down to the shoreline. The walk is only a 20 minute round trip but it's very pleasant. The rooms at the rear of the Inn back on to the wood and there a BBQs available for public use. Our room backed on to a small courtyard, which is not particularly attractive but equally it's not an eye-sore. We only spent about 3 hours in total at the Inn outside of sleeping there so positioning of the room was not an issue. The Inn is conveniently located about 20 minutes walk from MacKenzie Beach, which is very picturesque and provides a nice area for a beach stroll. On checking in, we were met by Thea who was polite and helpful. She talked us through the local map and highlighted areas of interest to us. All staff we encountered subsequently were bright and cheerful and one our second day Ryan went out of his way to arrange a refund against the booking we had made with Jamie's Whaling Station; we'd already received a discount of $20 per person for booking a second whale watching trip after bear watching but staying at the Inn entitles you to a discount closer to 30% of the overall advertised price inluding extras. The hotel is not the same quality as you will find with the international chain-type hotels in Vancouver and Victoria but it is homely, clean, well kitted and in a nice location. A reasonably good discount at Jamie's Whaling Station makes the Inn a great option if you are in Tofino for the bear and whale watching. Very happy with rservation made by our travel operator, would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jamie’s Rainforest Inn, located in beautiful Tofino, British Columbia, Canada, is the ideal location for your trip to Vancouver Island’s rugged west coast. We are conveniently located on the main road into Tofino, just a short drive (4 km) from the town center and less than a 10 minute walk from Chesterman Beach, one of Tofino’s most popular surfing beaches. The Inn sits on 4 acres of beautiful old growth coastal rainforest with easy access to our private waterfront (located on the inlet side of the Tofino peninsula). There are easy walking trails all over the property making this the perfect location to be fully immersed in the natural beauty that Tofino offers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jamie's Rainforest Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clayoquot Orca Hotel Tofino
- Jamie's Rainforest Inn Tofino, Canada - Vancouver Island