We stayed at Raintree mid-March because they were "pet friendly". What a disappointment. The room was very basic, with all very light and white decor. There was no phone in the room, no cell service, and their internet was "down". The walls were extremely thin and you could hear everything going on outside your room. The entire parking lot was a lake and muddy due to rain. There was no parking available when we returned from dinner due to a lounge activity which I was told was "normal" until after 10:30 pm. Needing to be in contact with the outside world due to a sick relative in the States, two days in these conditions was not going to work, as well as our concern about our two small dogs making a mess in the all white room due to the mud. Within 10 minutes of checking in, we requested our second night be cancelled as the conditions were not acceptable and were told no, we could not cancel and we would be charged for both nights regardless. I was quite upset and was told that our rate would be "deeply discounted" to compensate for our inconvenience. The "discount" amounted to 5 dollars removed from one of the nights. The next day we located another property that did provide internet service, and accommodated our pets realistically, with plenty of mud free parking. Sad we had to pay twice for one night but it was worth it...I would not recommend the Rainforest Inn to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jamie’s Rainforest Inn, located in beautiful Tofino, British Columbia, Canada, is the ideal location for your trip to Vancouver Island’s rugged west coast. We are conveniently located on the main road into Tofino, just a short drive (4 km) from the town center and less than a 10 minute walk from Chesterman Beach, one of Tofino’s most popular surfing beaches. The Inn sits on 4 acres of beautiful old growth coastal rainforest with easy access to our private waterfront (located on the inlet side of the Tofino peninsula). There are easy walking trails all over the property making this the perfect location to be fully immersed in the natural beauty that Tofino offers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jamie's Rainforest Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clayoquot Orca Hotel Tofino
- Jamie's Rainforest Inn Tofino, Canada - Vancouver Island