“beautiful location, very cozy place!”

Duffin Cove Oceanfront Lodging
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Tofino
Mantua, Lombardia, Italy
“beautiful location, very cozy place!”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I really liked this place, the location is beautiful, the lady who runs it is very nice and helpful. The hotel will soon needs rennovating, still if you look for a nice clean place, with a wonderful view, but not too fancy, you'll do good!

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are more expensive but are worth it!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alessia G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2013

i spent the night with my parents.

our room was great!

the location is amazing! the cove was beautiful.

the Internet was slow.

there was a full kitchen and lounge area filled with crockery and cutlery.

Room Tip: room # 4 has a great view from lounge. the bedrooms have no view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stayed in room 106 which is a bachelor suite with a queen bed. We had an absolutely fabulous view and found the room to be quite comfortable. Nothing fancy, but totally fine. We enjoyed watching the sunset and listening to the water. Calmer little inlet at this part of town, no heavy loud crashing waves.

I loved how friendly the staff on site were. Both before and during our stay they answered all our questions and were always helpful and cheerful.

Great location - only a couple minute walk to the shops, groceries and restaurants. Resort seems very private, even if the walls are indeed a little thin. Also appreciated the deep tub and mini fridge provided. We had a lovely time and will be staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: Room 106 or the ocean fron cabins are the best!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KimBot138
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Well it was nice room, but not really an ocean view as we were told. It had a lovely kitchen with everything you could ask for and a fantastic soaker tub. It was very quiet and secluded. My biggest complaint was finding a dead bug on the blanket in the bedroom. Rather ruined the weekend apart from the rain. Personally I am in no hurry to go back there again. Sorry.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I stayed at Duffin Cove Resort for four nights in mid-February. I was in room 104, a small "studio" room with a queen-size bed and a nice ocean view. The accomodations were modest but had everything I needed (except maybe a microwave.) I especially enjoyed the deep tub - I took at least three relaxing, long baths during my 4-night stay!

The view was great & I loved hanging out on the balcony with some beer and a good book (and there was even some sun during my stay!) DCR is VERY conveniently located just one block from the Co-Op grocery store, and a short walk to Tuff Beans, which became my favourite local coffeeshop/breakfast spot. The owners were extremely friendly & helpfully told me how to get around. I'd definitely stay at Duffin Cove again.

As a lot of other reviewers have noted, the walls between the studio rooms are pretty thin (I'm not sure how insulated the other suites/cabins are), but I didn't have rowdy neighbours during my stay, and besides, I was paying less than $70 a night on a special winter rates, so I probably wouldn't have really minded.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Weldon H
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Budget friendly. The new owners are so lovely, we chatted with Colin for a good hour. The place is absolute value for money! It's an older place, but the amenities were fine. Considering how much you pay for accommodation in Tofino, this was a real bargain - on the Main Street, everything in walking distance, while at the same time being fairly secluded with the romance of the ocean. We took the corner studio with its own provate balcony overlooking the ocean - absolutely breathtaking views :)

• Stayed February 2013
Kirkland Lake, Canada
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Went to Tofino end of November for a quick get-a-way for my birthday and stayed at this resort. It's not really a resort more a cute chalet hotel? Has about 20+ suites and a few detached chalets. Ours was overlooking the water with a private balcony. Parking was free, no phones in the suites, simple bed, sofa, tv and private washroom. The place was clean, quiet, in a good location at the end of town, the new owners were very hospitable and friendly.
There's a huge staircase you can take down to a private, rocky inlet to check out or try and beach comb. Took my dog unexpectedly and they allowed him to stay with us for $20 extra. Only thing I wasn't a fan of was in the washrooms they supply you with one huge bottle of shampoo and conditioner that I guess every guest gets to use. I am a germaphobe so, this kinda grossed me out. Otherwise if your not a Diva and like a cute place with character, this is it for the price.

Room Tip: Get a chalet for a little more or ask for the 2nd floor of the suites so no one is above your head...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple