The Ecolodge at the Tofino Botanical Gardens
Tofino Resort + Marina(Tofino)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$134
Best Western Tin Wis Resort(Tofino)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$235
Agoda.com
Tofino Motel HarbourView(Tofino)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$255
US$263
Orbitz.com
Middle Beach Lodge(Tofino)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$141
  • Breakfast included
Pacific Sands Beach Resort(Tofino)
US$477
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgarden suitebran muffinsshared kitchenprivate bathroomdouble roomcommon roomhostelcanada
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Great place to explore Tofino, Its a great place to stay with a family Because of the gardens around the hotel and the Darwin Cafe and the two Dogs Peter and Griffin. In the hostel there is an kitchen were the guests can cook your own food, although a 'eco' Breakfast is included in the price which is great. Although its a around 30 min walk in to tofino central but its still a great place to stay !

Room Tip: The Family room has a ensuite bathroom all others are communal up stairs is Female down is male. rooms on the right have a garden view
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ktravels12
Reviewed 22 August 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Ecolodge for the weekend. A great property - very clean and well maintained. At only $145/night and a hearty (delicious) vegetarian breakfast included, it was a pretty good bargain for Tofino. The walls are a bit thin....it could just be that I had neighbours with fairly loud voices, but there is quite time at about 10pm, which everyone observed. Also, our window didn't have a screen, so if you keep your windows open at night and you have the light on, you can expect a couple of moths visiting your room. We were able to rent a room with private baths, so we had to use the common bathroom facilities. I would've preferred a private bath (but that's just me), however, I will say that the bathrooms were always very clean. What made our stay enjoyable were the grounds - the botanical gardens and paths through the rainforests to the coast were gorgeous - and the staff. Very friendly, personable and accommodating.
We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AmaliaD
Reviewed 16 July 2011

The highlight for our first visit to Tofino was staying at the Eco-lodge. Owners and hosts George and Josie were very welcoming, fonts of local knowledge and passionate about protecting the environment, and running a sustainable business. Great coffee (finally after days of undrinkable stuff along the way) at their Darwin cafe, and the breakfasts (the lodge works as a B&B) were healthy and delicious. It's a bit like a luxury hostel, very family friendly, and the staff were all wonderfully informative about the local environment, things to do and places to go. The botanic gardens are worth a visit in their own right.

Repeat visit - absolutely

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Piezo99
BotanicalGardens, Manager at The Ecolodge at the Tofino Botanical Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2011

Thank you for the lovely comments! We are very, VERY proud of our team here and your positive comments go a long way to encourage and motivate all our staff members.
Come back and visit soon!
-Chenoa Akey

Reviewed 6 January 2011

If you have always wanted to visit Tofino but need to stay somewhere that is affordable, comfortable, and "different" than a big-box hotel or a undistinctive B&B then you have got to stay here. I saw the word "Eco-Lodge" on their website and was immediately intrigued. The lodge is set up with private rooms (awesome mattresses) but some communal aspects such as a large shared kitchen, a dining room, and some rooms have shared bathrooms.

The proximity to the rainforest and the botanical gardens was amazing - my room had a great view of trees, moss, and dripping rain. I saw a squirrel running up the trees and probably 6 kinds of birds right from my bedroom window. No bears though! Ha ha.

Everything was spotlessly clean and the staff was great. I think they are running on a bit of a skeleton crew for the winter because there wasn't always someone around but there is someone living right on site in case of an emergency (someone else staying there accidentally locked themselves out of their room). Free coffee and fruit etc was a nice touch too.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank I_love_the_rain
Reviewed 11 December 2010

I've been staying at the Field Station for the past three years or so, whenever I come out for a weekend from Vancouver. It's quiet, clean, and totally affordable. I was surprised in my most recent visit to see the changes they are making to the place, which is making it even better. Before it was hostel-style accommodation (think dorm rooms) which was always fine for my purpose but they have re-done the rooms and moved away from shared bunk beds to more private rooms. The price has gone up a little but frankly I am still happy to stay there as it is still cheaper than almost everywhere else and I really like the owner and staff. The owner told me that the built-in wooden bunk beds got infected with bedbugs and he has such an aversion to the chemicals used to combat the bugs that he decided to change the furnture and room arrangements. I have seen bedbugs in hostels all over the world and I certainly didn't see any sign of them here.

Anyhow - the kitchen is great, washrooms sparkling clean (check the washrooms - they are ALWAYS a sign of general cleanliness in any hotel or restaurant), the garden setting is wonderful (it reminds me of guest houses in places like Guatemala). Definitely check it out and chat with the owner - I think his name is George - he's a very funny guy and really into Darwin and gardens.

Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends