“Incredible rate for the quality, size, and comfort of the suite!”

Cobble Wood & Bird Sanctuary Guest Houses
Ranked #8 of 41 Tofino B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed 5 nights leading into May Long weekend this year and it was incredible. Nice & close to the beaches and Tofino. Extremely roomy, quality furniture & appliances, very comfortable. A home away from home I'll definitely be back again!

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed at Cobblewood for two nights for the long weekend. The location is great if you drive but not far from the beaches and town centre even if you don't have a car. We had the smalles room but it was spacious enough for the three of us. The owners are very nice and I'm sure very helpful if you need advise or tips. They even have a booklet with the main attractions and places to eat in town. The room was extremely clean and the kitchen and bathroom had everyhing you would need for a short stay. Lovely garden. Good value for the money! I would definitely choose it again!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 8 June 2013

My daughter and I travelled to Tofino with friends. The apartment we had was beautiful. Heating was in the floor, so no noisy climate control. Comfy furniture in the living areas and the bedrooms meant we wanted to stay longer for sure! Our hosts happily helped us out with phone chargers as we both managed to leave ours at home. Fantastic appliances in the kitchen enabled us to cook up a storm. We'll be sure to pass your details on to anyone we know vacationing in your beautiful part of the world. Does the town of Tofino have it's own trip advisor page?? If it doesn't, it should. What a gem it is. Congratulations on providing a first class establishment in what is a fairly remote part of the world.

Room Tip: We had the upstairs Sandpiper Suite. 15 steps to get to it. Not advisable for the elderly but has...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank KerriGGoldCoast
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We had the pleasure of visiting Cobble Wood Guesthouse & Bird Sanctuary House & Suites in the spring of 2013. Our 4 nights in the Kingfisher Suite was the best 4 nights of our 3 week long vacation in Canada.
The suite was spacious, cozy and looked brand new. From the suite we had direct access to the garden which we took advantage of several times for both lunch and dinner.
Looking back at our days in the Kingfisher Suite we just hope that we will be able to come back for another visit sometime soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria H
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I just returned from my fourth visit to Cobblewood Guesthouse.There is a reason I keep going back.Cobblewood is like a magnet to me,it draws me back again and again.
I stayed in the Sunset Cedars Suite for 5 nights.The suite is very clean and well appointed,it has a great gas fireplace,a big screen TV and an assortment of dishes and cutlery,even a hot plate to make some scrambled eggs in the morning.I have stayed in this suite on 3 seperate visits and I must say it is very comfortable.The owners Ken and Michele are lovely people,very kind and genuine.There are 2 things I would like to point out for future visitors.First,to access the Sunset Cedars and the Golden Dawn suites,there is a rather steep staircase with 17 steps.This is fine for me,but visitors with mobility issues may have a little trouble.The other thing I need to mention is that the shower is quite small again fine for a person of medium build,but could be an issue for larger people
I enjoyed my stay very much and I fully recommend Cobblewood for families,romantic getaways or simple soul searching.Thank you Ken and Michele,you've once agiain made me a very happy guest.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank ZoraSaboe
Reviewed 11 October 2012

My family of 7 stayed here for Canadian Thanksgiving weekend for two nights. Our room was Sandpiper and we also booked a dog friendly suite, called Kingfisher. But we all could have stayed in the Sandpiper comfortably if we hadn't had a dog. It was a great weekend with grown up kids and their spouses and grandson. We brought all meals and the kitchen equipment was more than we expected (tea, coffee, tinfoil, saran wrap, quite a few baking dishes, good size pots and pans, dishwasher soap, wine glasses, and many more). Between our meals we drove downtown Tofino to explore, and on Thanksgiving Day, we threw turkey in the oven, and walked around Long Beach. MacKenzie Beach is within a short walk, and it was perfect to take a dog for a morning walk. House was well kept and fireplace and heater worked well. We had a little difficulty getting connected with WiFi, but it was good enough. One downside was a BBQ equipment. We were to have BBQ ribs and chicken one night, but outdoor BBQ was quite old, rusty, and the flame was uneven. We had hard time starting up the BBQ. So we decided to bake in the oven, but it was not the same. The owner helped us to get used to the BBQ and he commented that it's time for a new one. So hope by the time you stay here, they have a new BBQ:) Thanks Cobble Wood for making our family Thanksgiving weekend so blessed!

Room Tip: Sandpiper room is NOT a dog friendly suite. The floor is not suitable to have dogs. Smoking is not...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Christina looks after this delightful three location accommodation.
It is three homes converted to sleeping and eating very comfortable, very clean, and very quiet west coast locations just outside Tofino.
We were there July 5th and 6th and it was 27° and sunny.
christina was very courteous, communicative and helpful.
If you are visiting Tofino, you would enjoy resting there overnight.

• Stayed: July 2012