“Beautiful place to stay”

Cobble Wood & Bird Sanctuary Guest Houses
Ranked #8 of 41 Tofino B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 July 2013

In a beautiful, residential, *quiet* neighborhood, our suite was immaculate, well-appointed, and extremely charming but also modern. The bed and bedding were extremely comfortable! I dealt with four different people, and all were extremely friendly and accommodating. About a 5-minute drive from the center of town, and a 5-minute walk to the beach on the west side, it is completely removed from the tourists, yet close enough to feel as connected as you want. The Internet was a tiny bit slow, but who goes to Tofino to sit on a computer?

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sara G
There are newer reviews for Cobble Wood & Bird Sanctuary Guest Houses

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I write a review on Cobble wood for the 4th time.I once again stayed at the Sunset Cedars Suite.Having just been there in November,I felt like I hadn't left.The warmth and charm of Ken and Michele is absolutely genuine.I also met Chelsea,who started ther in April in housekeeping.She was also a lovely pleasant person who was all too eager to help.

It being summer I didn't get a chance to use the lovely gas fireplace.This suite is lovely.It has a seperate entrance,an area outside where you can sit and sip your wine,while you watch hummingbirds by the dozen feeding fron the feeder right outside my room.The kitchen is fully appointed,except for a cheese grater,which I brought from home this time.They provide you with coffee,tea and hot chocolate and all the cooking utensils you need.There's a microwave,a coffee make,a ketttle,a hot plate,paper towels,waxpaper,foil.What haven't they thought of,besides the cheese grater.
Once again a fabulous visit,walking on the many beaches so easily accessible and only a very short drive into Tofino.
I have never heard ravens make those weird cackling sounds anywhere but here.
LLOOVVEE this place and whole heartedly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank ZoraSaboe
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed 5 nights leading into May Long weekend this year and it was incredible. Nice & close to the beaches and Tofino. Extremely roomy, quality furniture & appliances, very comfortable. A home away from home I'll definitely be back again!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We stayed at Cobblewood for two nights for the long weekend. The location is great if you drive but not far from the beaches and town centre even if you don't have a car. We had the smalles room but it was spacious enough for the three of us. The owners are very nice and I'm sure very helpful if you need advise or tips. They even have a booklet with the main attractions and places to eat in town. The room was extremely clean and the kitchen and bathroom had everyhing you would need for a short stay. Lovely garden. Good value for the money! I would definitely choose it again!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 8 June 2013

My daughter and I travelled to Tofino with friends. The apartment we had was beautiful. Heating was in the floor, so no noisy climate control. Comfy furniture in the living areas and the bedrooms meant we wanted to stay longer for sure! Our hosts happily helped us out with phone chargers as we both managed to leave ours at home. Fantastic appliances in the kitchen enabled us to cook up a storm. We'll be sure to pass your details on to anyone we know vacationing in your beautiful part of the world. Does the town of Tofino have it's own trip advisor page?? If it doesn't, it should. What a gem it is. Congratulations on providing a first class establishment in what is a fairly remote part of the world.

Room Tip: We had the upstairs Sandpiper Suite. 15 steps to get to it. Not advisable for the elderly but has...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank KerriGGoldCoast
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We had the pleasure of visiting Cobble Wood Guesthouse & Bird Sanctuary House & Suites in the spring of 2013. Our 4 nights in the Kingfisher Suite was the best 4 nights of our 3 week long vacation in Canada.
The suite was spacious, cozy and looked brand new. From the suite we had direct access to the garden which we took advantage of several times for both lunch and dinner.
Looking back at our days in the Kingfisher Suite we just hope that we will be able to come back for another visit sometime soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria H
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I just returned from my fourth visit to Cobblewood Guesthouse.There is a reason I keep going back.Cobblewood is like a magnet to me,it draws me back again and again.
I stayed in the Sunset Cedars Suite for 5 nights.The suite is very clean and well appointed,it has a great gas fireplace,a big screen TV and an assortment of dishes and cutlery,even a hot plate to make some scrambled eggs in the morning.I have stayed in this suite on 3 seperate visits and I must say it is very comfortable.The owners Ken and Michele are lovely people,very kind and genuine.There are 2 things I would like to point out for future visitors.First,to access the Sunset Cedars and the Golden Dawn suites,there is a rather steep staircase with 17 steps.This is fine for me,but visitors with mobility issues may have a little trouble.The other thing I need to mention is that the shower is quite small again fine for a person of medium build,but could be an issue for larger people
I enjoyed my stay very much and I fully recommend Cobblewood for families,romantic getaways or simple soul searching.Thank you Ken and Michele,you've once agiain made me a very happy guest.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo