“A very friendly place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 42 Tofino B&B and Inns
france
“A very friendly place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2009

We stayed 2 nights in cobble wood with 3 friends and I think it is a perfect place to stay in Tofino. The rooms are very clean and very convenient, we felt almost at home... The place is in the middle of Tofino nature an the design is very friendly. Finaly, Beata and Micheal are the best caretakers I've ever met while vacationing around Canada. Thanks to them.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2009

We drove into Tofino expecting to easily get a place to stay for the night and found everywhere was booked. We stopped at one place where the owner very kindly phoned another place to see if they had a vacancy. They did so we drove to Cobble Wood Guesthouse not knowing what to expect and were so pleased when we saw it we booked two nights. We were expecting a room and got a beautiful suite, consisting of a lounge/kitchenette, bedroom and bathroom. It was very well decorated, fully equipped and spotlessly clean. Beata (sorry if that's not the correct spelling), the manageress, I think, was lovely, so friendly and helpful. We intend to go back to Tofino and will definitely stay at the Cobble Wood Guesthouse again. It's off the main road and we would have missed it if we hadn't been directed there but it's worth looking for. The gardens all around the suites are beautiful too.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2009

This was actually my second time at Cobble Wood. I found the place through the internet and stayed for the first time in February with my wife and my two children (10 and 8). I visited again in May with my son and my mother (who had come visiting from Europe).

Both times I could not have been pleased more. The caretakers are outstanding, and make you very welcome. I stayed both times in the Golden Dawn Suite, which is very spacious and perfectly suited to meet the needs of a small family. The entire premises are kept very clean, and everything is in very good working order. I am sure the same applies to the other suites as well.

It has been mentioned that the place is about a 5 minute drive from Tofino's center. While this might not be everybody's preference, I actually prefer to be somewhat away from the crowds - after all, this is why I like coming to the Pacific Rim.

This is a great place with the nicest caretakers/owners, and I have already booked a third trip for later in the summer.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
Westland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2009

Stayed two nights in Cobble Wood Guesthouse. Great value for money, in fact much more than you might expect for 120 dollar a night! Best place we got on Vancouver Island
Our appartment was almost brand new, with a lot of design in the interior. 100% clean and a friendly, helpful caretaker.
Quiet, pleasant an green surroundings. It is 5 minutes to the beach and to the center of Tofino, so that´s perfect. Lots of wonderful things to do in Tofino by the way: saw bears, whales, seals, sea-lions an bald eagles. Beautiful beaches and rainforest.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Amsterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2009

We liked the Cobble Wood Guesthouse very much, and our children too!
It's a nice and quiet and cosy place in the middle of the Tofino nature...
We had a very tastful appartment where we felt at home. It was like we lived in the tops of the trees. I especially liked the high ceiling of our suite. So much space for such a beautiful price!
And it's taken care of by very wise and friendly people...
Who loves the peace and pureness of Tofino will love this guesthouse too.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2009

We found Cobblewood Guesthouse at last minute through the tourist information and really enjoyed our 2 night stay here. The suite was comfortable and well equipped and we appreciated the self catering facilities. It was an easy walk to the beach, local shops and botanical gardens.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, B.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2009

I just spent an idyllic 4 days at Cobble Wood Guestsuites in Tofino B.C.
While most people think of the ocean when staying in Tofino,to me the forest is more serene and rewarding.There were all kinds of early morning birdsongs and the smell of budding leaves in the air.
While the Cobble Wood Guestsuites is in the forest,it's only a 10 minute walk to the beach and a 4 minute drive to downtown.
My suite,the Sunset Cedars suite was very beautiful,rustic,cozy,yet not without luxuries such as heated floors and a beautiful gas fireplace.I had a kitchenette suite with a small fridge,a hot plate and all the dishes and utensils you could possibly use.
Caretakers Beata and her husband Michai are a warm and caring couple who in a few instances dropped everything to assist me .I've made some real friends there.
The kids can play on the trampoline,the adults can chat in the conversation pit and the mascot dog Sophie is loved by everyone.Everything is very clean and proffessionally managed.I would stay there again in a heartbeat and I plan on returning during storm season.A wonderful place in everyway.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo