“There must be better camping places”
Review of Bella Pacifica

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tofino
Bella Pacifica
Asia
“There must be better camping places”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayer here for three days. Location is great, IF you have ocean view spot. We asked for this in advance but did not got it. For 52 dollars I would expect a top of the bill campsite, but this is not what Bella Pacifica is. Very average and no extra service like coffee or a nice restaurant. Showers are quite dirty and washrooms with no toiletpaper are not an exception. For showers you pay 1 dollar for 1,5 to 2 minutes, wifi costed us 12 dollar for two devices (and quality was crap). Sure there are betters spots in and around lovely Tofino.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view and if not guaranteed, then look further.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was our 5th year staying at Bella Pacifica & can't wait for next year! Awesome view from our beach site and calming sound of the ocean. Very friendly staff. Close to town so you can walk or ride your bike. Hot showers!! Laundry to dry off wet clothes on rainy days. Well maintained campground. We LOVE it here!!!

Room Tip: Beach sites are amazing, however, the forest loop is lovely as well (closer to the washrooms).
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Heidi S
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Very small cramped campsite,they will put people anywhere and everywhere, so if you want privacy, this isn't the place to go. On the other hand, the location is great, a minute walk to beautiful Mackenzie beach. Very Dog friendly, there are dogs every where and lots of them. We found the showers worked fine, bathrooms were clean. They have ice available to purchase at the office. We had to leave early due to a family emergency, so we will see how they are at refunding our two nights we didn't use, because they filled our spot instantly and said if they did we would get a refund.

1 Thank catcancook
Kamloops
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I came in with no reservations and they were full ! Evan came up with a site for me !! Than following day found me a awesome site ! Very friendly place ! We biked thro most other camp grounds but the view here was the best in my option ! I will stay here every time I come back !! Thanks for a great stay!Thomas

• Stayed July 2014
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Okay, let me start off by saying this location is lovely. It's in a perfect spot and the sites are private and the atmosphere is quaint and cool. We loved walking to the beach over the board walks and hearing the ocean at night. You are closer to the ocean here than at other resorts in the area (we've stayed there too). So on one level it was super.
That said, the resort nickel and dimes you. For example: $7.00 for wet firewood in a tiny bundle (which was smaller than any I have purchased at any campground), $2.00 per minute for a shower. Oh, and if your "looney" is too new it won't work in one of the machines. Can you imagine getting in a shower and putting in your looney and having it not work b/c it's too new?! Just include this kind of stuff in the price. It's pricey enough. Wait! I forgot the Wi-fi is pricey too - can't remember the rate but remembering thinking that it was expensive.
Also, the reception staff was abrupt and harried (I agree with earlier reviews) and were not helpful. This is a busy place and I would recommend at least 3-4 people on the front desk at busy times and not 2 people. They were too thinly stretched to do a good job.
In addition, the sites are not large so if you are going call ahead (don't use their online system - it messed up our reservation) and tell them exactly what you need and I'm sure they will work something out. But the sites are cosy and have high hedges so you feel like you are alone - even if you are 10 feet from your neighbour. We had no problems with parties or noise at all.
Finally, if you are a comfort camper then this isn't the place for you. If you are okay to be rough and ready then you will really love it provided:
a) you bring a variety of looneys (or skip the shower - maybe just go surfing? :))
b) you bring your own firewood (you can buy it down the road for $5.00 for a big bundle that's dry)
c) you call ahead for your reservation and then double check it 2 days before

Room Tip: If you have an RV choose sites 1-11 - they are by the water with electricity and water. Just lovely.
1 Thank Deirdre T
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We came with a large truck camper, we read some of the reviews on the way in so we braced ourselves, but all in all we didnt have any of those problems. Staff was helpful/did their job, rates were fair, bathrooms were clean and working just fine... We came to the area mainly to surf and needed a nice place to stay. The beach is deep and long, the view/walk is insane, its worth the stay alone, this truly is an amazing piece of property. We paid 105 for two nights with full service(30amp/water/sewer) I have no complaints with the rate or with what we got, and I can live with paying a loonie or two for a shower. Privacy is definately limited, especially in serviced sites but really I dont mind meeting or saying hi to other people anyways. There are some non serviced sites actually do have decent privacy. Just a note: if you are not farmiliar with the area, its sort of bizarre but its quite cool even in the middle of the summer, especially so at night, so be prepared for that, I would have skipped the serviced site if I knew that because I was planning to run my AC in the camper and I didnt use it once, beleive it or not I turned on the heat in mid july at night, and that was after comming from Nanaimo at above 30 degrees the same day. Sort of on that same note if you are wanting to burn lots of wood, bring some, its expensive to burn their wood, its ok to buy a bundle if you just need it for an hour or so, but for longer than that bring some... I think on average, satisfied people dont write reviews and complainers come here to complain, so thats maybe why the rating is not that good, and thats why I decided to write my review.I would give the site 4/5 but I made it 5/5 to help counter all the lousy reviews.

Room Tip: reserve in advance for good sites, staff can help you pick based on what you want. Some non serviced...
3 Thank jake v
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

So the good - the route to the beach via the boardwalk, and the beach is stunning. There's also a free shuttle bus to Tofino from the main car park.
The average - the reception staff seem a bit harried and verging on abrupt, the wifi didn't work, the firework they sell on site wouldnt take (too wet we think) and it's much better to buy off site as you stand a chance of getting something going then. The sites are really pretty small.
The bad - by the third day there were just 2 female toilets working on site - for the entire site - and one shower. The other two blocks had broken. Add to that a power cut so there was no light in the dingy bathroom and it was a real issue with queues forming. The office was closed, and there was no effort to even use glowsticks or something to give light.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple