“Loved it!”
Review of Bella Pacifica

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tofino
Bella Pacifica
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My boyfriend and I loved the site we were in for our 5 day, 4 night camping trip to Tofino in August 2014. We opted to book online early as in months in advance... we were happy we did, the campground was full each night we were there. We chose upon booking to stay away from the water as we knew it would be busier and windier. We were in the Tin Wis loop and enjoyed it. Yes people are in close quarters but everyone is respectful of others and we had no issues. The bathrooms were clean(ish) but were always stocked. The showers were a rip off, barely 1:30min of luke warm water for a loonie!!!
The beach is awesome, beautiful views and only 5 minutes from Tofino!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed here in July for my first time ever to Tofino. I'm 30 years old and was camping with my sister of 26 and her boyfriend. I was slightly worried that this place would be filled with hippies or 18 year olds partying. I am a real camper, I have camped all over, but generally stay in national/provincial/state parks. It has been my experience that they are much better all around.

Upon arrival, we arrived to our site only to see that it likely would not even fit our tent. We tried to switch but they were booked up solid. Being the intelligent and crafty people that we are, we were able to move every thing around in a way that mostly worked. It was very tight, but it worked. We actually had to move the whole fire pit to an area that was going to be less than adequate for having our fires. Luckily, we had asked them about fires on the beach. They said it was no problem and just not to bring glass bottles down, and booze should stay in plastic cups. No problem. So every night, we headed down to the beach right after sunset to get our ultimate spot (which ended up being on the far right near the rocks). Every night there were several other fires going on, and because of the waves and overall wind down by the water, you really couldn't hear any noise from the other campfires. We had our fires until about 1am every night and were never bothered except by a few neighbors with whom we made friends.

The bathrooms were clean enough, we did see people cleaning them as well every day. As per any camp site, you should wear your flip flops into the shower since you just never know what might be lurking.... The showers are coin operated, 1$ gives you 2 minutes. I was able to get by with 2$ each time. You're not meant to be pretty in the wilderness, just clean.

The desk service was fine, and there was firewood you could buy each night that was in a cabana so that it never would get wet.

The downside to this place is how close the sites were to one another...very. They were also by far the smallest sites I have seen anywhere my whole life. It was quite expensive as well, running about 50$ per night plus your showers, which is double what I usually pay at provincial parks. I suppose a place like that can charge that though since it's all the supply and demand of the area, so good for them. Also, there are nearby cottages which I suppose can have large parties. They chose to do so on one of our 4 nights, and it was very very loud, keeping babies up crying and the park didn't do anything about it. If I can hear all the lyrics to a song, complete with sub woofer, it's too loud. I would bring earplugs camping anywhere, because you never know who's snoring will keep you awake anyway.

The plus side was, that never have I been camping to a spot which allows beach campfires, we didn't even need to use our site for anything other than sleeping and some cooking. Being able to set up fire on the beach and hang out there for the night was incredible, but dress warm. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Check out site sizes before booking, some of them would barely fit a small tent, and at least two we...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank laura d
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Our guide book informed us this was the best of the campsites in Tofino; perhaps the reviewer came on a particularly good day. We rented a very expensive piece of gravel from brash front of house staff. It's a shame as the location is incredible. We've been to many campsites and motels around the island and not encountered any such attitudes. I would advise the owners of the business to provide thorough customer service training to their staff if it does not come naturally, or relinquish them of their responsibilities in favour of others who are able to offer a warm welcome to travellers. Facilities were average at best, inferior to other campsites we've visited costing less than 1/2 the price. Finally, charging for wi-fi access in 2014 takes the biscuit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

First time there our sites we on the beach, staff was friendly and the sites were very clean. Booking again for next year. Only thing bring your own wood, there's tAkes a little coaxin to burn. Being close to town and tacofino were great. My kids and us loved it.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 12 August 2014

For a tent site $52.00 is a lot to pay even if it right beside the beach. There was water and power so really it was an RV site. The facilities were OK but the laundry was not available. I was disappointed to find there had been a sewerage spill on the site I chose. I wondered why there was fresh gravel on the ground. By the next morning the gravel was wet where the moisture had seeped up during the night. I would have liked to have been told what happened.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I spent the August long weekend at Bella Pacifica with my friends. The site had many pros and cons. Let's start with the good stuff! You are in Tofino for the beaches and the beaches here do not disappoint! Lots of sand and sun once the fog burns off in the afternoon. The campsites themselves are small but ours had a good layout and the staff did a good job of switching our two campsites that were seperated to two sites that were conjoined prior to our arrival. The campsite is also pretty well located. It is about 5 mibutes from downtown and Tacofino is close by too which you should go for some food. The cons. We hadn't even finished checking in and the front desk told us they kicked large groups like us all the time so there was that. Then they always seemed to lose the washrooms for cleaning between 8 and 830 (prime time for post coffee/breakfast dumps). As others have complained, the $7 firewood would be expensive even if it wasn't wet and burned nicely. Do the pros out weigh the cons? I would say yes. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Bring your own firewood or buy it elsewhere. The wood onsite for sale is wet and won't burn.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CanadianMarmot
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayer here for three days. Location is great, IF you have ocean view spot. We asked for this in advance but did not got it. For 52 dollars I would expect a top of the bill campsite, but this is not what Bella Pacifica is. Very average and no extra service like coffee or a nice restaurant. Showers are quite dirty and washrooms with no toiletpaper are not an exception. For showers you pay 1 dollar for 1,5 to 2 minutes, wifi costed us 12 dollar for two devices (and quality was crap). Sure there are betters spots in and around lovely Tofino.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view and if not guaranteed, then look further.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tofino
Meares Vista Inn
MacKenzie Beach Resort
MacKenzie Beach Resort
#18 of 20 in Tofino
The Cabins at Terrace Beach

Been to Bella Pacifica? Share your experiences!