“The best breakfast in the town of Tofino” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cafe Vincente - CLOSED

Cafe Vincente
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Canadian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Description: Cafe Vincente is Tofino's hidden gem. Dine in or take out seating inside for 30 seating outside for 20. breakfast special $5.99 available all day. Home of Liz's famous Chili and Stu's Vegetarian curry stew
Victoria, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best breakfast in the town of Tofino”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

On our visit to the seaside town of Tofino we looked forward to our daily breakfast at Vincente's. We would share the yogurt, granola and fresh berry parfait. leaving room for our breakfast made with locally raised eggs and delicious ham and, coffee, of course. To sum it up, an excellent breakfast, great coffee, laid back service...good price! Added bonus, wi-fi.

• Visited September 2013

Victoria, Canada
“Could be good, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I had read some reviews, so I stopped by to see if Vincentes lived up to its rep.
First, the coffee was not just good, it was superb! The food, however, was just okay. I had the Big Gun egg sandwich. It was tasty, but for ten bucks this egg sandwich could have at least come with a few fries or a soup on the side.

The staff were pleasant enough, but I found a couple of the locals in the restaurant to be exceptionally rude. They interrupted and tried to have a conversation with the staff while I was in mid-order, completely oblivious (or simply not caring) to the fact. Oh, and don't forget the rude old lady who told me to "wake up" when I didn't hear the staff calling my order number.

I guess this is negative more due to the local regulars than the restaurant, but I will not return to Vincentes on my next visit to the Tofino area.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank LS650
Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
“A perfect start to the day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

On a two week trip, this was the only place we visisted twice. The atmosphere here is very laid back, despite the large number of people milling around. This is not the place to visit if you are in a rush or overly fussy about fancy decor. We sat outside, which could definately do with more seating, but appparently there is plenty inside. Can't remember the details of our breakfast, but that it was good and was accompnied by a small portion of delicious fruit salad - not three words I have ever put together before! The best thing here is the coffee. My cappaccino was full of flavour, smooth and delicious, without being too milky, which I frequently find elsewhere and loath. If - when - I am on Tofino again, I will be a regular customer.

• Visited July 2013
Toronto Canada
“Yes, it is the best coffee in the world!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

I had the best latte ever at Cafe Vincente each morning I was in Tofino. We also had breakfast there twice (the Big Gun was delicious, and enough for two), and the service was painfully slow. The first time my husband had finished his ham and eggs well before my son and I got our food. The second time, there was only one poor girl trying to do it all....make fancy coffees, cook and serve. But if you are on Tofino time, just relax and enjoy. I'm still having withdrawal symptoms from the latte.....can't wait to go back and have some more.

Visited August 2013
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh food and lovely atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

We had our breakfast here. The food tasted very good. We had the traditional breakfast and one with the Croissant. Everything was very fresh. The crew there appeared to be very jovial and with Bob Marley playing in the background, it's a good place to sit quiet for some time and soak in the atmosphere and Tofino.

Visited August 2013