“Breakfast challenge”

Spotted Bear
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Every time we go out to breakfast the cafe in put to the test. These guys past with flying colours! Eggs Benedict was the bomb!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We visited this restaurant in August of 2013 and I gave it a rating of "very good". We returned in August of 2014 and were disappointed. The menu was considerably reduced from the previous year and the quality of the food was not as good - I would rate it as "just okay" this time.

However, the cleanliness of the place needs some attention. I ordered tea and it was served in a pot but the accompanying mug was very stained inside. When I tried the tea it had a very strong coffee taste from the residual coffee left on the inner surface of the mug. I asked for a replacement mug, and while the coffee taste was much reduced it was still evident and made the tea undrinkable. Further, this new mug had a lipstick stain on the outer rim.

2  Thank BCtourists
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Spotted Bear was a romantic spot to get away from the surfer crowd dinning in swim trunks and beanies. The food was of a much higher quality than the rest of the restaurants we ate at in Tofino. I had octopus and seared tuna done particularly well. The prices are higher than most places in town but well worth it and a bargain relative to big city fine dining. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Great little find on our first night in Tofino. Quality of food was as good as in any of the top London restaurants - and the bonus was it was unpretentious - bistro style in the best way.

Very helpful staff and a great evening.

Would definitely recommend !

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We went to this restaurant on a Sunday evening so it wasn't full. When you walk in you are greater by the chef and the kitchen is right inside the door. It is a small cozy place so reservations are recommended. We started dinner with the smoked mussels - a different twist but delicious nonetheless. My wife had the pacific salmon and I had the halibut which were perfectly cooked and delicious. For dessert my wife had the chocolate, salted caramel butterscotch concoction and I had the grilled apricots with marscipone