“Good food, great views”

Sea Shanty Restaurant
Price range: US$3 - US$23
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Owners Lewis & Cathy George would like to welcome you to the Shanty. We are very excited to offer a wide variety of seafood options. The best view in Tofino combined with great food and service promises you an unforgettable experience. Located on 300 Main Street Downtown Tofino on the waterfront.
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My wife and I decided to check out this place on our honeymoon for dinner on a friday night. We walked in to a nearly empty restaurant but I guess that wasn't too surprising for March. Our waiter Ben was very courteous and professional. I had the clam chowder which was good(although not as thick as I am used to) and my wife had a salad and fried cod which she said was great. We would visit again.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

The views are fantastic, the food is great, a perfect place to stop for a bite. The waiter was very helpful answering our questions.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I was disappointed to find that it's not possible to book a table here as were were planning to have dinner here on Canada Day and I was worried we wouldn't be able to get a table. However, we got there at 6.30pm when it was relatively quiet and were seated by the window with its fabulous view of the harbour, islands, distant mountains and sea-planes coming and going.
Our server seemed a little unsure of herself but the service was good. I ordered a Virgin Colada which wasn't on any menu but they made me a delicious one and I felt that nothing was too much trouble for the staff.
My son and I both ordered the fish & chips which were served in a basket lined with mock newspaper - a nice touch. Two pieces of fish were too much for me but I really enjoyed it and so did my son. For dessert we both chose the chocolate brownies and were amazed by the innovative presentation (see photo). The brownies tasted as good as they looked.
I loved the venue, the view and the food and have vowed to return as soon as I can.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

My husband and I ate lunch here while on vacation. We ordered and it took around an hour for our food to get to us. The soup i had was really good and so were the french fries but My husbaf and i both ordered the retro burger. The burgers were so tough that I could barely cut through the burger with my knife. It was the worst burger that we have ever had. The ladies across from us also complained about their burgers being really tough. He gave us 20% off our bill which was okay but I only ate half my burger. It would have been nice if he had offered us something else to eat instead. And if all that wasnt enough we stood up at the interac machine for 10 minutes and still no one helped us! So we finally scrounged up enough cash to pay and left it in the bill fold at the front. It was probably just a off day for them and their burgers but there is no excuse for the complete lack of customer service. We will not be back.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We timed out visit to coincide with the sunset over the bay and wasn't disappointed. The staff were very helpful putting up blinds and moving umbrellas! Felt a little rushed when we were asked about dessert before everyone had finished their mains - but then hadn't realised that they finished at 9pm!