“Another amazing visit, and another group of extremely satisfied friends!”
Review of Simba's Grill Ltd

Simba's Grill Ltd
Ranked #604 of 4,040 Restaurants in Vancouver
Neighbourhood: West End
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My friends were in town with their 8 month old baby and I took them to Simba's, my favourite place in Van. I think I got thanked about 27 times between the two of them, as if I had made the food. We had the chicken surwa (of course), jungle prawns (my first time I think, holy smoke put some of the coconut on them), and the lamb skewers. We actually ordered a second round of lamb if you can believe it. Might be one of my go to dishes now. Such a chill and nice visit. The owner was as nice as always and really enjoyed the baby. No complaints about the mess the little bugger left under his high chair. I read the negative reviews below and I think maybe those people were visiting some other place. Anyway, check it out, and no matter what...get the chicken surwa.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have never been to any African restaurant before and this was a very good experience! Chef and waitresses were also nice and of good advices

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We decided to have an early Father’s Day party along with a birthday and a welcome for 2 babies . We made a reservation and when we arrived , said that they were not ready and to go for a walk . When we returned they said we should have come on time. We were rushed to order our food and even more rushed to finish up. When we wanted to have dessert and the cake that we had brought ( we asked previously if this was ok) , we were told we couldn’t have any and that we had to leave as the staff had to go home . With the very high bill , we expected better service along with better food .
I do not recommend this place to anyone who is wanting to have a celebration . There are far better places to eat for a much better price ( and service).

Reviewed 17 May 2018

Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver this is by far the best African cuisine. Their kebabs and biryani are simply mind blowing. The food is spicy so be prepared to be wowed. The owner makes it a point to come and visit every table and give his suggestions of you are not sure. A 100% must visit.

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

We ordered the Chef's special for 2 and wow was it special. Excellent quality and great taste. Servers excellent and owner added in some extras too. Food was delicious with surprise chocolate mint at the end. Big portions.