“Wonderful in every way...”

Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Just returned from a trip to Vancouver and Whistler. We stayed 3 nights at the Rosewood in a Junior Suite and it was outstanding in every way - beautifully decorated, very clean and it contained all amenities you could wish for - and more. The hotel is elegant and the staff and service is just outstanding.

One of the many highlights is the Hawksworth Restaurant in the hotel. We have never had such an incredible restaurant experience including the best food I have ever eaten. It was my first time in Vancouver and we tried the Blue Water Cafe the second night in town after eating at the Hawksworth the first night (Blue Water was rated the best formal restaurant in the reviews we read) and Blue Water didn't compare in any way so we returned to the Hawksworth on our 3rd night and it amazed us again. You could see several others sharing bites of their food because it is truly perfection!

Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to try the lounges, pool or spa but they looked beautiful as well. We felt spoiled as Jim drove us to several locations in the Bentley.
I highly recommend the Rosewood Hotel Georgia and the Hawksworth Restaurant and look forward to my return some day.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Happy06

Reviewed 1 October 2011

The room had a great view of the Vancouver Art Gallery and was very comfortable. Every person at the hotel was upbeat and went out of their to make us happy. Our first night we requested a taxi. The next thing we know the staff arranges the hotel's Bentley to drop us off for dinner. What service

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank fcsoft
Reviewed 27 September 2011

My father and I have just returned from a fishing trip to Canada, during which we stayed at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia for 3 nights from 17th - 20th Sept and I have to say having stayed at many luxury hotels worldwide this is undoubtedly one of the best, the rooms are a decent size and the beds very comfortable. But what makes the difference at this hotel is the staff, we found every one of them extremely courteous and helpful and you get the feeling that they genuinely enjoy working there. A special mention goes to Michael the concierge who ensured we ate at the best restaurants and maximised our stay as much as possible. All in all I would say well done to the management at the hotel who have formed an excellent team coupled with a real luxury feel. Keep up the good work.
James & Bob Nottingham, UK.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Jimmyunderwood
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Beautiful hotel. Newly opened. Huge room with sitting area, best bathroom in a hotel I have stayed in. Great room service. Didn't eat in restaurant however. Staff very friendly, helpful. Few teething problems but nothing that interfered with our stay. Room quiet, bed so comfortable. Loved the small touches- the slippers, cookies at turn down, the products in the bathroom.Hard to be critical of anything! Will stay again

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank lazigirl
Reviewed 25 September 2011

I spent 3 nights in this brand new hotel.
Extremely warm welcome and the staff is very friendly.
The spa is excellent, nice fitness room and for once, a swimming pool of a decent size.
Rooms are big and the bathroom is extremly well fitted! I loved the shower!

One negative point is the house keeping:
- don't run your fingers on the plint, they are full of dust.
- clock on the bed side tables was dusty when I arrived and remained dusty until I left...
- Bathroom floor has not been cleaning during the entire stay...

I would expect from a hotel in this category, to have a perfecly clean room and at least have a bathroom cleaned to perfection...every day.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank cricrides
DwightSanford, Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

Please allow me to apologize for us not meeting your expectations. Cleanliness is the most important aspect of one's stay in a hotel and it is not something we take lightly and we regret the negative impact on your stay. We will strengthen our inspection process and make sure no other guests are affected by this lapse in service.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

I spent four nights here in September on a business trip.

This is the 4th hotel I have tried in Vancouver (Fairmont, Four Seasons, Pan Pacific) - I will now never stay anywhere else.

The most impressive aspect of the hotel is the service. Front desk, restaurant, doormen, Jim the driver and especially Ryan (or was it Brian?) at the front door were extraordinarily helpful and efficient. All done with genuine enthusiasm and effort. Very very impressed.

Gym is excellent. Didn't use the pool - but looked really funky! Free wi-fi was a struggle first day as they were servicing the router but they gave me a free upgrade to the paid wi-fi to help. The free wifi was very good for the rest of the trip.

Had breakfast at the hotel - a la carte. Service and food quality was brilliant. Choice a touch limited (for a vegetarian)

Location is second to none. All meetings we had were within a short walk as is all shopping, many restaurants and plenty to see and do.

One thing to highlight is the wonderful character of the property. Understated elegance and great attention to detail make this a really special building.

Room is a little small but well appointed, and very comfortable. Bathroom is magnificent - huge shower and bath, very spacious and the walk in rain shower is heavenly.

Had a small issue on my bill where I was charged for a mini bar item I didn't have and a couple of other small things - sorted with zero fuss and great courtesy.

It is rare to find incredibly good hospitality outside of Asia from my experience. The Rosewood Georgia manages to achieve some of the best service I have ever received.The challenge will be to maintain this extremely high level in the years to come.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Mungo888
Reviewed 21 September 2011

We were greeted promptly and efficiently by the valet and bellman but the front desk person was by himself with a line-up of people waiting to be helped. Lots of noise from outside streets. Eyeglass wipes at turn-down were a nice, different touch. I was disappointed to find the room small and with several items not working, such as the TV or the headboard lights. The headboard lights, we were told by the staff, did not work in any room. The TV was also not repaired before we left. We don't know what was the matter as no one followed-up with us after maintenance attended.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Mary1930
DwightSanford, Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Please allow me to apologize for the lapse in service. Clearly we did not live up to the reputation of Rosewood during your stay and while there were some moments of brilliance, we did not meet your expectations. Being a new property your valuable feedback will allow us to re-focus on training efforts including following up with our guests on maintenance issues. The headboard lights are something we are working very hard to correct and hope to have this issue resolved soon. Please feel free to contact me anytime at dwight.sanford@rosewoodhotels.com.