“#1 hotel on Tripadvisor for a reason”

Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Ranked #4 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
tifgmu2003
“#1 hotel on Tripadvisor for a reason”
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We took a week long trip to the Pacific Northwest and splurged on this hotel for our three nights in Vancouver. It was worth every penny! We did the buy two nights, get one free, via the link here on tripadvisor for this hotel. It is in the heart of the city, stunning room, awesome gym, beautiful pool, beautiful lounges to enjoy drinks before dinner, and we were taken to dinner in a Bentley, which was a huge perk. I highly recommend this to anyone who asks about our trip. I hope my pictures convey what an awesome experience it was.

1 Thank tifgmu2003

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
vancouver
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Everything's special about the re-born Hotel Georgia, including its guest directory. Beyond a mere listing of the hotel's many first-rate services, it's packed with cool anecdotes about the hotel's fabled past, when it was the only game in town for visiting celebrities.

Apparently late-night room service was apparently instituted at the bequest of Katherine Hepburn. The Georgia also broke Vancouver hotel's colour-barrier with a visit from Nat King Cole.

The hotel has been renovated with these celebrity ghosts in mind. The tone is luxe and tasteful, with hints of Hollywood Deco everywhere (including anachronistic touches like bed-side clocks with old-fashioned dials).

As glamourous the setting is, it's the service that truly sets this hotel apart. After checking us in (with an upgrade to a suite, thank-you), the aptly-named Grace at the front desk accompanied us to our room (a touch I've never seen anywhere else).

The room service menu is extensive and well-executed (try the Elvis Presley Chicken-Fried Steak and the Rosewood Eggs Benedict, with perfect yolks). Service by Jeff was relaxed but professional-- which seems to be a hallmark of this place.

Other reviews have noted the bathrooms, which truly are among the best I've experienced this side of the Far East. The bamboo-infused bath products smell great-- and the free bath salts were a very nice touch.

One more nice thing-- true HD TV channels, which should be standard at five-star places, yet rarely seem to be.

My only quibble could be solved with the switch of a dial; temperatures in our room's two (!) mini-bars was a bit tepid.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over-looking the Art Gallery, Floor 7 and higher. If it's a special occasion, be...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cstaples
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Overall, the Hotel Georgia is one of the best boutique hotels in Vancouver. I stayed there twice over the past couple of months. The service is very good and the rooms are nicely done, with heated floors in the bathroom (very cosy) and all of the things you would expect in a high end hotel room. My only real complaint was that I had to move rooms because of noise. One room had a 'ticking heater' and another was on the busy front of the building with a bit of construction outside that week (not something the hotel can control). The pool bar is quite lively and the gym is modern and has everything you need. The overall atmosphere is failry subdued so if you want a hotel with a lively lobby - this won't be a good fit (although you can go to the attached Hawksworth bar and there is usually lots going on).

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, perhaps get a higher floor away from Georgia street and the elevators...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I spend time in Vancouver fairly regularly and have been staying in different luxury hotels over the years, including the ShangriLa, the Opus and the Four Seasons. Out of those, I would rate the George my top choice and favourite. Front Desk staff and housekeeping were very friendly and professional without being intrusive. My room was the "entry-level" room, so it was the lowest category and because of that was on the small side, however, it was perfectly adequate as I only slept and showered there. That said, for a couple on holiday, the room may be a bit small. The bathroom had the toilet in a separate closed-off area and it had a very big shower cubicle (no bath) with a huge rain forest shower head. I can't remember the brand of the amenities (not one I've come across), but they were very nice. The room decor is very classic, quite calming, beige and blue, with dark furniture. The bed was huge and really soft - this may not be to everyone's liking, but I found it very comfortable. My room overlooked the terrace bar, but I didn't notice any noise from the bar. That said, I usually arrived back late and I was jetlagged. The room also had a Nespresso machine, which I really liked, but there are no tea making facilities as such. The hotel is on West Georgia Street, which I find a really convenient location - the shops on Robson and Pacific Mall are very close by. Overall, out of the Vancouver hotels I stayed at, this is my new favourite and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Inselhuepfer3
San Francisco
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I had the fortune to enjoy 4 nights at the Rosewood Georgia in Vancouver in late May. My partner and I were visiting the city to celebrate our 2 year anniversary. The hotel is exquisite. The staff at the hotel were all friendly and accommodating. The best part was the room. We were lucky enough to be upgraded (thanks to friends) and stayed in a deluxe room (I believe). The bathroom had to be my favorite part of the entire hotel. The shower and separate tub with frosted glass, sliding doors was exquisitely romantic.

The have three cons. The first, that that Prohibition is still not open (they are now saying January 2013), the price for two appetizers and 4 drinks at Reflections (almost 80 dollars), and finally, no hot tub at the pool.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 1016. Great view of Reflections down below. The bathroom- with sliding doors to...
2 Thank stuntntumble
Delta, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My wife and I treated ourselves to this hotel as a compliment to our tickets to the Roger Waters concert on the weekend. What a property!!!

The bed is amazing as is the bathroom. There is a huge, walk-in shower and heated floor. OUr room had a lot of closet space as well. Outlets are easy to access via pop-up tubes in the night tables, the desk is spacious and the tv is full HD. The turn down service included slippers at the sides of the bed. I could go on and on... As a bonus, due to my CPSA membership I got the room for less than $250 a night.

There were only a few, minor things that were irritants: First, there is construction at the corner of Howe and Georgia right now so getting to the valet was quite a chore. Obviously this is not the hotel's fault but haing a notice on the website to alert travellers would be a nice touch. Second, due to the proximity of entry doors to the rooms in the corner of the hotel we could clearly hear the opening and closing. third, the ducts for the HVAC pop when the fan comes on and might wake you up from sleep.

Still, this is an amazing hotel. It was a gem before the renovations but it is now in a class of its own.

Room Tip: If you stay for more than 2 nights buying a CPSA membership will pay for itself easily.
2 Thank Allan A
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

I read a review where someone said, "this hotel is #1 for a reason" and they are absolutely right! From the complimentary Bentley ride to dinner with the sweetest, most knowledgable driver ever to amazing on-site restaurants to the most relaxing spa ever it was perfect. But the best thing was the service! They were all unbelievable. If you can stay you must.

• Stayed May 2012