“Review of Rosewood Hotel Georgia”

Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 1 September 2012

My family of 5 planned a trip from Hawaii to Vancouver, Whistler, Victoria for our yearly summer vacation. Our stay at the Rosewood exceeded our expectations in both the quality of the property and the personal service. On arrival by taxi, we were promtlly met by hotel staff who greeted us by name and I will always remember the greeting, " Mr and Mrs Kondo, we were waiting for you". It made us feel as though we were coming home. They gave us connecting room which made it so convenient to coordinate!!! The rooms were immaculate, the beddings beautiful and comfy. Everyhting in the room was luxurious. The rain shower and soaking tub was a welcome way to end the day. The bathroom was immaculate and always stocked w/white fluffy towels. The turndown service with the cookie and water at your bedside was a very nice way to end the evening.

3  Thank deborah k
There are newer reviews for Rosewood Hotel Georgia

Reviewed 1 September 2012

I recently spent three nights at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia. I had several highlights. The location is ideal for a leisure traveler, I was able to walk to Canada Place and Stanley Park. Shoping was ideal with Gucci and Tiffany a stone throw away. Even you want to arrive in style the house car is a Bentley which is on a first come first serve basis. The Room product is one of the nicest I have seen in many years. The marble bathrooms with a rain shower and deep soaking tub was amazing . I especially loved the espresso machine in the room to jump start my morning. I worked out at the Gym which was state of the art and took a dip in the indoor pool on the 4th floor. The conceirge staff was tops , and referred me to some great culinary finds in the City. Connie was especially helpful . If you dont want to leave the hotel to eat I highly recomend the Hotel Restaurant Hawksworth which is comprable to a New York or San Francisco top restaurant experience. Also go to the fourth floor for an afternoon drink called Reflections. It was quite the Vancouver hip spot. GUEST got a table and preferential seating. The staff was impressive and I cant say enough. So if your headed to Vancouver STAY HERE YOU WILL LOVE IT .

Room Tip: pick the rooms with a deep soaking tub...go ahead and treat yourself. I had a view of the Museum.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Peter G
Reviewed 31 August 2012

This hotel was beautiful! It was so clean and every detail was taken care of! The rooms had HD TV, very comfy beds and beautiful bathrooms. The showers had rain heads which was a great addition especially in a hotel! Look forward to going back! The cafe at the bottom is a must! and the piece of artwork in the lobby is very neat!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Calgaryfamily12
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We just returned from staying three nights at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia during our vacation (my husband, 15 year old daughter, and I), and found the experience to be superb. We are seasoned travelers (my husband travels internationally for business), and we found this hotel to be superior to most we've stayed in around the world. The hotel is lovely, sophisticated and sleek. We had a junior suite, and while (as noted elsewhere) it looked over an outdoor bar with a waterfall and music, we noticed it, but it was not a real issue for us. The rooms (living/dining and king bedroom) were spacious, the bathroom was large with separate sinks, a large stand-alone tub and a spacious rain shower. We appreciated the powder room. The hotel is in a fantastic location, easy walking distance to most sites, and we were driven to Granville Island by Jim Dudley in the hotel's Bentley and, after a quick phone call, picked up a few hours later by him in Stanley Park. Jim is warm and friendly, and knowledgable about everything worth seeing in the city. We had a wonderful experience with Matthew, one of the concierges, who provided very helpful specific information about transportation, and recommended restaurants that were just what we wanted. The cafe on the ground floor (also popular for carryout with local young professionals) was excellent and informal, and we had pastries and coffee there every morning. Everyone is friendly, calm, and professional, and everyone called us by name, including the housekeeping staff. We loved Vancouver, and we really loved this hotel, which has raised the bar for us in many subtle ways. It's the only hotel we would consider staying in when we return to Vancouver.

2  Thank JaninBethesda
Reviewed 29 August 2012

The Rosewood Hotel Georgia is a great hotel, but I must say it was not quite as nice as I expected. I stayed in a Jr. Suite and just thought for $500-$600 per night that it would be a bit larger and more roomy. I had a friend on a roll-away bed in the parlor area so maybe that's why it seemed a bit cramped. I have stayed in other 5 Star Hotels that just seemed nicer, had better views, had better lighting (hallways/lobby seem rather dimly lit) and were more grand in the lobby and elsewhere.. I will say the staff at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia are all very nice and accommodating. Jim the gentleman that drives the Bentley for guests is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. The hotel is in a good central location with easy access to a beneath ground mall. The bed and pillows were excellent and super comfy. I am sure it is a busy position, but several times when I approached the concierge desk there was no one there, after waiting several minutes someone would usually show back up. That would not happen multiple times at the Bellagio or other 5 Stars I have stayed at. Another negative was the shower drain backed up (see pic) every time I took a shower. I did not contact the desk about this because I was in BC having surgery and just did not want plumbers and/or shower scum being removed while I was there. I am sure had I reported it they would have resolved the problem, but again for $500-$600 per night should this even be an issue? Also another bad thing about the hotel is where my room was situated there are office buildings all around and it appears they can see into your room if the drapes are open. I suppose there is not much that can be done about this, but again for the price do you expect that? I mean literally I could see people sitting at their desks across the way in the office buildings. Over-all the Rosewood Hotel Georgia is a very nice hotel, but I guess for that kind of money I just expected a bit more. I give it a solid 4 Stars.

Room Tip: My room was looking into the courtyard which I did not find enticing at all ad office buildings it s...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2012

The Rosewood Hotel Georgia in Vancouver, BC was by far one of the finest hotels that I have ever stayed in. A PERFECT 10 in every way!!

The hotel was located about 3 blocks from the waterfront of Vancouver and about 3 blocks the other way from the up scaled shopping district. It was directly across the street from the Four Seasons and other fine hotels in the area. Our hotel room on the 10th floor facing the Vancouver Art Museum looked newly renovated. It was beautifully decorated, large, and impeccably clean. The bathroom was amazing!!!

The large 4th floor rooftop bar/lounge was so secluded and hip with couches, bistro tables all scattered around. My husband and I went up for a before dinner drink and loved the atmosphere so much that we actually decided to stay and eat off their bar menu. Everything we ate and drank was delicious. The bar/lounge by the lobby was also a quiet nice place to sit back and just relax after a long day of touring the city of Vancouver. Beautiful and peaceful indoor pool and great fitness center.

The staff and their attention to detail was what made this hotel choice the perfect fit. When we arrived in the room we had a personal welcome greeting typed into our flat screen TV. The turn down service would come in each night and get the bed ready placing slippers, bottled water and a cookie at the side of the bed, but if you didn't want that all you needed to do was hit the privacy button inside the room and a red light would light up outside your door so they knew not to bother you. Room service dinner arrived in 30 minutes with a clean pressed linen table cloth and napkin set and a small green plant as a centerpiece. The concierge service was so knowledgeable and helpful with tips and ideas of where to go and what to see on our 3 day trip in Vancouver. The Whistler Village recommendation was a day trip that I will never forget...just breathtaking!!

From the moment we stepped out of the taxi when we arrived until the moment we got back in the taxi to head back home, we were paid attention to. We felt like Royalty. A memorable short vacation that was made even better just by where we chose to stay.

Room Tip: We loved our 10th floor Art Museum View. I think the hotel only has about 12 floors.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JetStarNewMilford_NJ
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My daughter and I recently spent four nights at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia while on vacation. I have done a great deal of traveling and I must say that this is now one of my favorite hotel experiences. The hotel is gorgeous, modern, upscale, and contemporary. But, at the same time, the staff make you feel like you are home. The concierge, Matthew, is fantastic! He made many arrangements for us which were always perfect and he always spoke to us and called us by our names. Mr. Jim Dudley, the driver of the hotel car, was a perfect gentleman while at the same time making you feel like an old friend. The hotel is in a great location in the downtown area. My daughter and I had no trouble walking to most of the sites that we were interested in. It is a very easy enjoyable walk to Stanley Park and Granville Island. We fell in love with Vancouver and plan to go back next summer. I can say with certainty that we will be staying at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia.

1  Thank tucker7445