“Outstanding for humans and their furry friends”

Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Ranked #4 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 20 February 2013

After my first stay at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia in Vancouver, B.C., in May 2012, I wrote “one night was not enough.” Now that my wife and I have enjoyed a two-night stay, we agree: it’s still not enough.

I hadn’t intended to write a second review after our visit over the U.S. Presidents’ Day weekend, but our excellent experience convinced me otherwise.

As a matter of practice, I don’t revisit reviews of properties at which I’ve stayed unless things had changed dramatically, either for the better or for the worse. And since the service I experienced was as attentive as the service I received during my first visit in May 2012, a second review saying how great the hotel is seemed redundant.

However, upon further reflection, I realized there was good reason to write anew.

My first stay was purely business-related. In addition to experiencing the hotel for the purpose of blogging about it, I had a meeting nearby the next day, so staying at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia served a dual purpose. I was completely captivated by my experience, as you can read here. http://www.travelpro.us/2012/05/vancouver-bc-rosewood-hotel-georgia-one.html

This time, however, I’d be staying over a weekend instead of a week night and, as most seasoned travelers know, the leisure guests at a hotel are often very different on weekends than the primarily business travelers on weeknights. I wondered whether the service we’d receive would be different as well.

I’m pleased to say the service was even better than the service I received the first time I stayed, and I blame our dog. A retired breeder whom we’ve had for about a year, she always attracts very positive attention, and the staff and guests at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia were as captivated by her as anyone.

Which brings me to my next, and by now obvious, point: the Rosewood Hotel Georgia is dog friendly.

Upon entering our guest room, we found a message on the TV screen welcoming us by name; a selection of petit fours and a handwritten note of greeting from the manager on the desk; and a dog bed, water and food bowls, and dog biscuits waiting for our pooch. Spoiled as she has become in retirement, she immediately began to climb onto the love seat, as she is allowed to do at home. Slightly horrified, we shooed her off, only to have James our bellman tell us she was allowed on every surface in the room; there were none that were off-limits (though I think I’d have an issue if she tried to climb onto the desk).

Making this royal treatment all the more remarkable was the pet fee of $50 per stay, not per night as at many hotels. FYI, pet fees are largely to offset the additional time housekeeping spends deep-cleaning a guest room after a pet departs, which often takes double the amount of time to make up a room after a guest checks out.

Finally, the size limit for pets visiting the Rosewood Hotel Georgia is generous enough to accommodate those of us who have actual, full-sized dogs as opposed to the hand-carried variety I describe as “fashion accessories.”

As I found during my first visit, staff members were extremely attentive. Virtually everyone we encountered bid us a “hello” or “good day,” and many called us by name, which is all the more remarkable when you consider that many of those people did not have a computer or our credit card in front of them; they simply remember their guests. That is impressive.

Even more impressive is that we received this very personal service despite the fact that the hotel was sold out for the weekend. Also impressive was the fact that we never heard other guests in the hall or through the walls of our room, nor did we see a room service tray languishing in the hallway, waiting to be collected. Service was as close to perfect as I’ve ever encountered.

The hotel also has a Bentley and driver, and offers guests complimentary rides anywhere within a 15-minute drive of the hotel, which covers the majority of the downtown area and Stanley Park west of Coal Harbour. What a treat!

Our room had a combined sleeping and sitting area of more than 250 square feet adjoining a truly spa-like bathroom with two vanities, a soaking tub with separate shower, toilet, and heated floors in 140 square feet. I have literally lived in apartments that were smaller than our deluxe king room.

In addition to the usual amenities including a hairdryer, iron and ironing board, safe, and wireless Internet access, robes and slippers were waiting in the closet. In addition, the room had an increasingly rare minibar and a Nespresso® coffee machine, which is several notches above the ubiquitous mini-Mr. Coffee machines so prevalent in hotels across North America.

We’ve been to Vancouver many times and have stayed at many different hotels over the years, some of which were excellent and others less than wonderful. However, I can’t think of one where we have enjoyed better service or been made to feel more at home. Now, I don’t think it’s likely we’ll be satisfied anywhere else.

And that includes the dog.

1  Thank TheTravelPro_us
Write a ReviewReviews (1,802)

Reviewed 19 February 2013

We stayed at the Rosewood for 3 nights, and had an excellent time. The hotel is wonderful to look at, very stylish, cool art on the walls. All the staff are very friendly, definitely not snooty given the grand surroundings, we felt very at home. Our room was wonderful, very clean, lovely furnishings, and an amazing bathroom (our daughter enjoyed soaking in the lavish tub). We also really enjoyed the swimming pool, amazed more people weren't using it even on a weekend. Great location too, within walking distance of Stanley Park (25 minute walk), and the art gallery is just across the road. Would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NSeattle
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Location is great, staff is so wonderful... You will want for nothing. Car service in the Bentley is a real treat. The beds are very comfortable! This place has it all. Look no further!

2  Thank Sandy C
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I am not sure why this stunning and luxurious hotel is not #1 in Vancouver but I am glad that I opted to spend to night here during my brief visit to the city. It is so centrally located that any more central is hard to imagine. It is steps from the Skytrain station, across from Pacific Centre, Robson street shopping, and Gastown. It is the most beautiful hotel that I ever stayed at although I am very happy with my favorite Kimpton hotels. Hotel Georgia is classic and elegant while being super modern and functional. The lighting system in the room was quite a feature that I have never seen anywhere else. The bed was plush dressed in luxurious linen which made for the most comfortable sleep. And the bathroom amenities were simply stunning. I think that I feel in love with his bathroom and might replicate it in my own home. And the list goes on: gym, spa, 4 restaurants and a wonderful warm saltwater pool. Finally, all staff are genuinely friendly and helpful without expecting to be rewarded for everything that they do. Needless to say that I felt like a princess, even if only for 2 nights...

Room Tip: We stayed in a superior king on 5th floor with a few of the courtyard. Although our room was next to...
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Amazing! We have travelled quite a lot lately and like to stay in nice hotels, the Rosewood exceeded my expectations.The service, rooms and facilities where "Top Class".Our children loved it as well they are 16 and 19 they enjoyed the Bentley ride and the gym and pool facilities.When i visit Vancouver again i will defiantly look at no where else to stay:)

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms high floors
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We stayed in Rosewood for 5 nights in the beginning of February. It fits in all the comments of the reviews I.e. nice decor and excellent service from the minutes we arrived till we left. We have tried all the recently opened 5 star hotels in Vancouver in our annual visit in the recent years. Rosewood is one of our favourite. We stayed in the de luxe room with a huge bathroom which is worth spening a bit more. The complimentary Benley to anywhere downtown is such a bonus. I think it would have been no. 1 choice on Tripadvisor only because of the price.

1  Thank Kitty180
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I've stayed at many hotels, from grungy small places, to top of class. The Rosewood Georgia is in the league of "top of class". Rooms are quiet, modern equipped, have an amazing shower. Service was quick and hassle-free. Even though I arrived for check-in at mid-night, there were no hassles. The beds are very comfy, and the little touches like the slippers near your bed, personalized greeting on TV etc. are all making your stay that much better.

The location is great too, in the heart of Downtown Vancouver, 1 block away from Robson, 2 blocks from Waterfront, across from the main museum in Vancouver.

This is my new Vancouver favorite.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business