“Boutique Hotel Experience in Vancouver's downtown core”

Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The rooms at the Georgia are lovely, very luxurious and cozy. We loved the spectacular pool and spa. Both the Reflections rooftop lounge and the lobby bar had fabulous cocktails and were definitely the place to be for the evening. You cannot beat this location and having Hawksworth Restaurant within the hotel takes your experience to another level. Anytime you are in Vancouver be sure to stay here to be right in the hub and have everything at your fingertips.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,848)

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Although I live near to Vancouver, I've always wanted to stay at this hotel and play tourist in my own city. I was also curious about how this hotel rated with other stays I've had in Europe and the USA. I'd tested Hawksworth (the restaurant at the Rosewood Georgia) and enjoyed it, so I was interested in the hotel. I had family coming to Vancouver so we wanted to stay somewhere special. I was not disappointed! From pulling into the valet parking, the service was attentive, polite and efficient. The lobby of the hotel is warm and has been updated in keeping the key elements of the hotel's history....check out the old style elevators and floor indicators above the elevator entrance in the lobby. There was some really interesting artwork in the lobby, a 3D picture. The rooms were moderately sized and beautifully appointed with TV and wireless access. The toiletries in the bathroom were lovely, bathrobes & slippers provided. There's a weighing scale and hair dryer, and of course pay bar. Nice touch with the Nespresso coffee maker. Beds were turned down in the evening and the local newspaper of your choice delivered in the morning. We ordered room service and were impressed with the meat and cheese plate that was delivered. The hotel boasts a rich history for Vancouver, having hosted a number of celebrities and royalty. The next day I did venture to the gym as this is something that I like to do when I go away. The gym was bright and had good and had quality, working exercise equipment, weights and a stretching area. Nice towels, headsets and water were also provided. I unfortunately didn't get to go in the pool, although small it was stunning and I'd checked it out in the evening too....very cool. I also checked out the spa which looked great and I'd like to try the next time I'm there. The hotel is beautiful, the service superb and I'd highly recommend staying here! My family all agreed that it's world class too! I used my BCAA card and got an extra discount which was nice!

Room Tip: We overlooked the pacific mall and had a view of the street....it was neat at night....I'm sure...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JHarris_9
Reviewed 30 October 2013

After 4 great days here I felt I should put out some more detailed notes & comments to really give you all a feel for what The Georgia has to offer. This is a world class property, and deserves to be recognised as such, so here goes:

1. Lobby and communal areas - dark, elegant, truly luxurious with some stunning original features likes clocks and elevator fittings in dark gold from the original 1927 lobby.
2. The concierge desk is by far the best team I have met in the US or Canada, in a city with so much really going on their depth of knowledge and no-request-too-small can-do attitude really stood out.
3. The rooms and fixtures and furnishings are very highly spec. All room categories are very large, and the suites very much so. Super views
4. By far the leading USP is the presence of Hawksworth, the No.1 Rated Restaurant in Canada. Breakfasts are great, but Dinner is truly spectacular. Food inventive but still light, very extensive wine list. The 1927 Lobby Bar is great too
5. Spa & gym good, great treatments. Very big pool, needs a steam room though.

I hope you all enjoy this hotel as much as I did.

Room Tip: Ask for what view you prefer, the landmark Art Gallery on the south side is the best view
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank MrFrankReviews
Reviewed 27 October 2013

The Rosewood is, without a doubt, among the nicest hotels we've ever stayed in. Every aspect is exceptional - the staff, the rooms, the restaurant, the location, the linens, the showers, the sleep quality - you name it. Their attention to detail is staggering.

We've stayed in a lot of hotels in a lot of places (check my contributions) and this was (with the possible exception of the Chedi Chiang Mai) the nicest, most decadent hotel we've stayed in. They made you feel important and welcome all at once.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MarkfromtheIsland
Reviewed 26 October 2013

This is a fantastic hotel where we were made to feel welcome as soon as we entered the property where we had a prompt check in then the concierge took us through the details of the hotel, amenities, room functions etc without over doing it.
All of the concierge staff we dealt with were very friendly and helpful and looked into various restaurants and attractions with great efficiency, with one instance whereby we managed to get a hotel reservation on a Saturday night with a complementary chauffeur service to the restaurant.
The room itself was more than substantial (we booked a Superior Room but were upgraded to a Deluxe Room), a very comfortable bed, nice turn down service and one of the largest bathrooms I have had at hotel. The refurbishment of this hotel has been top notch, with the decor fitting in nicely with the building without it being old fashioned.
The location is also very good, very central , only 2 blocks from the Vancouver Central station underground so it was easy getting to any part of the city.
I would definitely choose this hotel again when I come back to Vancouver.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Room will give you extra seating area and a much larger bathroom with a bath
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a couple of times over the last 3 years. Both times I've got a free upgrade to the suite. As I travel to Vancouver a lot for business I've stayed in almost every hotel downtown, the Rosewood is definitely the best. Although the price often reflects that, occasionally you'll see it on Expedia for ~ $200 (which is when I pounce) It's in house restaurant, Hawksworth, is known as one of the best restaurants in Vancouver, and is frequently rated at #1.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank LewisCalgary
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We had a 2 day business meeting with a group of our executives in Vancouver and stayed at Rosewood. Accommodations, check in, meals were all top class. Rooms were modern, bathrooms were extra large, it seemed, and a great shower with a rainfall shower head. Didn't get a chance to use the fitness facilities but I heard they were in good shape. All in all, a nice place to feel pampered in the heart of Vancouver.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business