“Lobby Bar, Quiet, Interesting, Great selections, Awesome service!”

Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I had a friend stay here a couple months ago and I remember him commenting about the lobby bar here... We don't usually talk about "lobby bars" so I thought I needed to check it out.

Well I was not disappointed! Really great service... I was helped by the bar tender, who was well tenured at this job and an amazing server!

I found a small batch Rye Whiskey that they told me was not readily available in town either, Royal Canadian was the name. It was one of the best Ryes I have had!

Anyway I opted for the Smoked Salmon Tartar, which came out with some crostini bread and a crème fresher and was out of this world... Followed by the Dungeness crab potato croquets... Also a keeper!

Thanks Lobby Bar Team, I will return whenever I am in town!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,851)

Reviewed 13 December 2013

My wife and I stayed in Vancouver for a couple of days before heading to Whistler to ski for our honeymoon and came across this hotel as it was highly recommended. I don't think I would ever consider even staying anywhere else in Vancouver after our stay here. Everything was perfect all around. The room we had was absolutely incredible as well. The best hotel bed I have ever slept in. We literally did not want to get out of bed when it was time to leave. Also the best hotel bathroom we have ever had too which I am pretty sure had heated floors. The staff is also exceptional in all aspects. Very helpful with food recommendations and reservations whenever we needed them. They even called me a few days before my arrival to let me know that the Santa parade would be going on outside the hotel and just wanted to make sure I was able to get to the place without being delayed. That is the type of service that is worth every penny. I can't rate this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brett D
Reviewed 6 December 2013

A wonderful hotel in a wonderful city!
Excellent rooms and bathroom, great bar, good restaurant.
Very good service and look forward to returning to Vancouver and staying at The Hotel Georgia again.
A proper hotel which has all of the modern amities but has kept the old world style and charm … we especially liked the coffee shop in he hotel lobby!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This was my first stay at the hotel and had an amazing stay, would highly recommend! Stayed with my partner both in our late 20's. If you are after a modern/luxurious hotel with great bars/restaurants, and excellent location to shopping/restaurants then this is the place to stay. I am very picky with hotels and spend a lot of time reading reviews and researching, I'm always after something modern with great atmosphere and close to trendy areas for bars/restaurants as well as shopping. This ticked all my boxes. The rooms were large & luxurious with great detail. The hotel is clean, elegant yet still modern with an historic feel. The bars are fabulous and the hotel comes with lovely complimentary driver Jim who was fantastic. All staff are extremely polite and friendly. Location is perfect, close to the shops both upscale and standard, close to Yaletown and Gastown which is apparently is the new Yaletown if you are after trendy bars/shops/restaurants. I would definitely stay here again without a doubt.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room which in winter is great as it comes with a bath. I would say the standard room...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shay277
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My stay at the Hotel Georgia was many months ago, but I keep thinking about it. My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary. The location was excellent as we were within walking distance of most venues of interest to us. There is a mall across the street, which was nice on the day it was too cold to wander too far!
From the moment we checked in, I felt like I was home. Even though we arrived well before check-in time, we were greeted (by Alyscia? I'm terrible with names) with warmth and offered suggestions for activities while we waited for our room. I had requested a room on a high floor to avoid the noise I read about in other reviews. We had a Deluxe King which was outstanding--plenty of room to relax, more than enough outlets for all our electronics, and heated tile floor in the en suite. The entire staff greeted us by name, and the housekeeping staff started leaving eyeglass cleaner after noticing that my husband and I wear glasses.
Canada was kind enough to put on a fireworks display for our anniversary! I asked our outstanding concierge, Matthew, about possible venues to view our special gift. He was able to book us on the patio at a restaurant with an excellent view of the show! He also arranged for the house car to drive us there. If you have the opportunity, take the house car, even if it's just around the block. Our driver, Jim, is their hidden treasure. He has the best stories!
This will be my hotel of choice if I ever visit Vancouver again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

This is our second stay at the hotel Georgia and there is a reason why we keep coming back, it's simply one of the finest hotels we have ever stayed at. The hotel is perfectly located in the heart of downtown with easy access to transit and shopping if needed. However the hotel itself is fantastic. The rooms are well decorated and the beds very comfortable.

Every member of the staff that we encountered from the front desk to the lounge to the housekeeping were so attentive and dedicated to helping us enjoy our stay. It was a level of service that we typically don't see

Would definitely recommend staying here if you are in Vancouver

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 November 2013

This hotel was simplly amazing! It exceeded my expectations. The room was beautiful, every detail was perfect. Valet was super nice and were very attentive, each time we needed a car not only did they bring the car promptly but they always made sure we had directions, and offered to map all the top places to see in vancouver. Room service was very accomodating to our requests and were very promp. Definitely recommend this hotel it is gorgeous, and its a historic landmark with all the new upgraded hotel technology!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family