“#1 in Van”

Ranked #4 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver, Canada
“#1 in Van”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I've stayed at this hotel twice in the past two years. Each time I've stayed here, the last being our wedding anniversary, has been excellent. The customer service is second to none. The rooms are the best hotel rooms I've ever been in. The gym is well equipped, and a very nice indoor pool. The only thing missing is an outdoor pool and steam room. All of the food, restaurants to room service, was perfect. You get more than what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brady N

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I recently stayed about a week at the Rosewood Hotel and of all the things that impressed me about this place it was the staff that by far stole the show. Being a business traveler in another country can be a bit crazy sometimes but the staff at the Rosewood made every proactive effort to make sure I was happy there and it didn't matter if it was helping me make travel arrangements, helping with WiFi or offering a kind smile, conversation and the morning paper while I waited for a co-worker in the lobby.

The rooms were very comfortable, quiet and immaculately clean. I really enjoyed the heated tiles in the bathroom as well.

The location was great in the heart of Vancouver. I had little trouble catching the sky-train or finding a great meal nearby.

I did have breakfast at the Rosewood and it was top notch and certainly worth the price of admission.

Overall this place is top notch, highly recommended.

3 Thank SavageLand
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful, glamorous, high end hotel. The facilities are amazing- pool, spa, etc. the staff go out of their way to be helpful. Plus the food at the hotels signature restaurant is Michelin star level cooking in the evening with innovative cocktails and wine lists. Well worth the money if you want to experience Vancouver in style. Great location right in the centre of downtown and is beside the main shopping areas, bars etc.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Emma N
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014

When we arrived at the hotel there were two receptionists on duty, both were with customers, one awkward one endlessly chatting about the day they'd had. I felt we were kept waiting too long (chatty ladies should really notice when a queue is forming behind them). Tired and aggravated I didn't accompany my boyfriend to the desk when it was our time to check in.
On the way to the room he remarked that "she seemed shocked we were in the deluxe suite". We were dishevelled post-flight, but surely that's not unusual!

We checked out the morning of my boyfriends birthday. I woke really early and jumped in the shower, midway through the hot water went stone-cold, not amused and concerned the hotel might have a bigger problem on their hands I called reception. They said they'd look into it and call me back. Twenty damp minutes later the night manager phoned the room offering what in his words was an unconventional solution; a shower in an empty room down the hall. I wasn't that thrilled of having to wander around in a dressing gown with wet hair but I didn't have much choice, my boyfriend figured he didn't either. The night manager said it was probably a localised boiler issue and wasn't because it was so early.

Now, what has bugged me ever since is that our morning was REALLY disrupted. I would have expected a class act of a hotel to send up something to put our morning back on track; a breakfast muffin, orange juice, something of an apology which would put a smile on our faces and make us think 'yeah this was worth the money' but they just left us to it.
On checkout the receptionist asked if everything was ok.
"Yes lovely, apart from not having hot water this morning."
"Awwwe, well I'm sorry enjoy the rest of your trip" was the insincere response (we learned on this holday there are not many hotel receptionists capable of any other kind of response to negative feedback on check out.
"And on my birthday" my boyfriend added.
The receptionist smiled, we didn't. We left feeling kinda meh.
When we got home a letter from the hotel was waiting for us. I imagined it was the token of apology I'd expected, but no, it was a letter saying they'd charged our credit card for a bottle of wine we didn't have. A simple email got it removed, but again their response was very underwhelming.

The hotel building and its rooms are gorgeous and impressive. Its service didn't really match its grandness nor its price. We found the location perfectly fine. Maybe we would have got better customer care if we were the well-groomed, rude go-getters they probably prefer staying in their hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank silentboo
GEleiter, Manager at Rosewood Hotel Georgia, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear Silentboo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of Rosewood Hotel Georgia with the travel community here on Trip Advisor.

Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings in service and attention to detail that were very much absent during your time with us. We had several opportunities to make this special occasion for you and your boyfriend even more memorable and we certainly fell short of anticipating and reacting to the moments that were presented.

The candour of your comments and the details identified provide us the opportunity for specific improvements and we will embrace this challenge wholeheartedly.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience.

If and when your travels bring you back to the beautiful city of Vancouver, we hope you allow us the opportunity to demonstrate the intuitive, gracious and engaging hospitality Rosewood Hotel Georgia is known for.

Glenn Eleiter
Hotel Manager
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I've never stayed in a better hotel! Their attention to detail is flawless. Modern and funky. Stylish and upscale. Service is impeccable. I'll be coming back every chance I get.
It all starts with the great service at the front desk.

2 Thank Rudey_Edm
Whistler, Canada
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I can't say enough about how wonderful this hotel is. From the moment you drop your car off with the friendly valet and walk up the stairs into the elegant reception foyer, it sets the scene for what you will experience for the rest of your stay. The rooms… well, gorgeous! Our bathroom was as large as most hotel bedrooms. Heated floors, large soaker tub, elegant finishings throughout. Each room has an individual Nespresso machine.

Hawksworth restaurant is a treat and if there was one comment I would make is that the staff are overly attentive which makes you feel that you are continually interrupted throughout a meal. There is the trendy bar too in the Hawksworth which offers a great atmosphere. If you have a business meeting or want to read a paper and have a quieter experience, there is another bar in the hotel.

The location can't get much better. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

2 Thank lisawhistler
California
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I've stayed here twice for work and couldn't believe how wonderful the hotel is. The rooms are fabulous: heated floors, luxurious bathroom, extremely comfortable beds. And if you ask the concierge for a ride, they will happily take you in their Bentley! There are delicious, fresh food options and a very comfortable lobby bar. Don't pass on an opportunity to stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business