Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Granville Island Hotel(Vancouver)
US$395
US$336
  • Restaurant
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$312
US$374
Agoda.com
US$360
1,882 results
All reviewshawksworth restaurantbel cafeheated floorsshortbread cookiesrain showerhouse cardeluxe roomturn down servicesoaking tubart gallerybeautiful hotellobby barhuge bathroomcar servicefourth floorhotel experiencelittle touches
Reviewed 5 March 2014

For a city centre hotel, this is in a good location opposite the Museum of Art, close to the cathedral and within easy walking distance of Vancouver's finest shops. The lobby is a good welcoming space with some interesting art on the walls and reception is efficient and delivered with a smile. We were shown to our room and were delighted to find it spacious, well appointed and decorated with some style and sensitivity. We felt comfortable and happy. The bathroom was excellent, lighting great, lovely underfloor heating. A sigh of relief after our earlier stay in Vancouver.

My husband then left for a night in Edmonton knowing that, in his absence, I was going to settle in and have a happy night with a good movie and room service. Alas, no! Try, as I did, by reading the instructions from start to finish, again and again, I could not get the film choices to work on the TV. All I could get on the pay-to-view channel was a choice of 7 movies, either starring Vin Diesel (no thank you) or children's cartoons. Reluctantly, I called reception. A young man arrived, bright-eyed and assured, and twiddled away confidently at the controls. No joy. Nothing. After 30 minutes of this, he called the duty-manager who duly arrived. This was turning into quite a party. Not the quiet evening I had imagined. More twiddling. No success. It was mildly implied that my initial efforts may have caused the problem. I was not amused by the inference and later in the evening the DM did have the grace to call me and apologise and inform me that their I-media providers were having problems and would I accept a glass of wine on the house. These things happen but the following night when I tried again to summon up a movie, old Vin Diesel was still on offer and the same few alternatives. The glitch had not been resolved.

The following morning, I left the room at 11:00am to go off and explore the Aquarium (excellent) and the market on Granville Island. Footsore, collapsing back into my room c.4:00pm, it seems that nobody had thought it a good idea to make up the room. It was precisely as I had left it. I find this unacceptable in a joint charging these amounts and claiming to be one of the best hotels in town. It's just not service. Such a shame. Style over substance yet again.

Of the positives, I have to commend the concierges, both of whom were superb. Well informed, extremely helpful and a credit to their particular game. The front desk was a bit patchy and I did find the offer of a spritz of scent almost alarming - what is the point? Slightly made me feel that our very presence may have been rather malodorous and that they needed to keep the lobby area fragrant! Perhaps a glorious arrangement of flowers on that back shelf rather than a clutter of scent bottles would be a better idea (and message).

Room Tip: Go as high as you can.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Shellfire
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed 1 night at this beautiful hotel. Everything was perfect. Extremely courteous and helpful staff, beautiful room, restaurant, cafe and bar. Unfortunately we didn't have the time to use the pool ... that will have to wait until next time. We were upgraded from a deluxe room to a junior suite which made our stay even more enjoyable. We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Our room didn't have a view as it was overlooking office buildings/open air restaurant, but because of that it was extremely quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful down town hotel experience for our family with 2 young kids!
From the minute you arrive till the time you leave you will be pampered in every way: the spacious rooms, the pool, the restaurant and lobby bar/relax areas! The price is very reasonable though not cheap... But than again, contemporary luxury comes with a price.
Enjoy!

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I would highly recommend this hotel. Loved the building, the ambiance, the cocktails, the bathroom, but most of all the bed. One of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in. Only minor niggle was no tea bags in the room, but that was quickly remedied.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We have just returned from Whistler/Vancouver and can say without any bias that I would never stay anywhere else in Vancouver and I would look for other hotels in the rosewood 'family' on our future visits abroad based on our stay here. The hotel has recently been renovated and looks immaculate. Its located centrally downtown which makes it easy to walk around the city. The restaurant is wonderful, the rooms are fantastic, the staff are first class, the bar is cosy and you are left feeling that your custom and your happiness whilst in Vancouver is just as important to them as it is to you. If we were going to score it, it would get 99 out of 100 purely because the wardrobe was tiny. But I hate to mention it because everything else was so positive.

Room Tip: We had a superior room which faced the museum, The room was brilliant not massive but its a Georgian hotel. I don't know what the other rooms were like but we were happy we paid extra for the superior, its, only minor point was that there is only one wardrobe and it is tiny so you are living out of your suitcase.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple