“A True 5 Star Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver, Canada
“A True 5 Star Hotel”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed at the Rosewood in February for one night. A lot of hotels claim to be 5 stars but fall short on delivering that level of service - not so at the Rosewood. Everything about the hotel is the best, from the room decor and layout to the impeccable service. The rooms are a good size and the bathroom (I usually don't comment on bathrooms) was fantastic with a huge walk in shower and full size bathtub. We ordered room service during our stay and the food was delivered the very minute they said it would be by a very friendly, polite staff member. While we were out for dinner, house keeping came in for the best turn down service we have experienced. There is not a thing I can comment on that would have improved our stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Irvine, California
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Such a great hotel - from the moment we checked in and were personally welcomed by the manager to the moment we checked out we loved it. Very friendly and helpful service from the check-in desk to the concierges, to the bar staff - everyone seemed willing and happy to help us with anything we needed. The concierges Adams, Matthew and Aiden were extremely helpful in organising activities, making restaurant recommendations and generally taking good care of us. We loved the rooftop terrace bar/restaurant and the dinner we had at Hawksworth was sublime. We had two adjoining rooms as we were traveling with our son which worked really well. The rooms were large and comfortable with very large, luxurious bathrooms. We loved the stand alone bathtub in our room and the heated floor was interesting, although I did have to keep the bathroom door closed at night to prevent the bedroom from getting too warm from it. A couple of tiny complaints - the toiletries provided were not to my taste, just didn't like the fragrances and they were a bit skimpy - and there was only one armchair in the room, which meant that one of us had to sit on the bed to watch TV - not that we watched much, but a sofa or two chairs would have been much more comfortable. The beds were so comfortable I want to find out what they are so I can get one for myself! All in all I can't recommend this hotel highly enough and we will definitely stay there again when we return to Vancouver.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed for two nights in mid-April. We then went on to stay with relatives in the Vancouver area. On our second night (at 6:30 a.m. while we slept) we heard a repeated "beeping" from the living area of the junior suite. I couldn't figure out its point of origin. A call to the front desk resulted in a housekeeping person coming to the room to retrieve the room phone - it was beeping due to dead battery. Then an engineering person visited the room with a loud knock, again causing my wife to be awakened. Then the housekeeping person returned with a replacement phone. Five minutes later this "replacement" phone also started to beep which caused me to place the phone in the hall outside the room. Then the desk phone started beeping (dead battery also) and I placed it in the hallway for it to be beep side by side with the other phone. My wife, a light sleeper, was awakened three times. Other issues: I left a piece of computer equipment in the room. I only discovered its loss after returning home four days after check out. The hotel never called me to advise it had recovered the equipement, Since we stayed in the Vancouver area for three additional days the hotel could have called me (an expected courtesy) to advise they had the equipment. Now that we have returned to U.S. the hotel says it will return the piece but at my cost. I am quite surprised the hotel never called me as soon as its staff found the piece in the room. Finally, the furniture in the living area was "knicked" and without paint in several spots and the carpeting was worn.

Room Tip: Best to examine room before moving in and make inquiry about functioining of equipment.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 977joseph
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This hotel continues to amaze me, service, staff, the food at Hawksworth Restaurant, ALL WORLD CLASS, BRAVO Rosewood Hotel Georgia! I HIGHLY recommend staying at this gorgeous property in the heart of Vancouver, you won't be disappointed...trust me:)

Room Tip: The view overlooking the Vancouver Art Gallery is beautiful, especially at night when it's all l...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Will F
Surrey, England
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My partner and I were looking for a romantic place, one with a big tub where we could relax. We had tried the Shangri-La in Vancouver, which had fantastic views, but the tub was low to the ground and was a disappointment. We'd read on the internet that the Rosewood had a good one and it did. It was big, very comfortable and kept the water warm for a very long time. The bed was big and had an excellent balance of soft and firm.

Highly recommended for a romantic night away.

Room Tip: Ask for the King Deluxe.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bart_Gootch
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed at the Rosewood Georgia hotel at the end of March and had the most fantastic time. The building stands grand, proud and bold overlooking the Vancouver Art Gallery and the interior, despite having undergone an extensive (tasteful) modernisation, retains old time glamour and atmosphere. The room we stayed in overlooked the square and was a generous size with its own seating/tv area. The bed was very comfortable too (turn down service was fabulous with little considerate extras that you don't normally get). We ate in the lobby bar each night and the food was fabulous (my husband is still raving about the signature cocktail). Service from front desk to the bar to concierge was top notch. All in all, a rather wonderful stay....will return if we ever visit Vancouver again.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the front - as high up as you can go
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MissPassepartout
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

A beautiful hotel with amazing facilities. Definitely worth the price.

The hotel room was of excellent size, very modern and comfortable.

Hotel support staff were very welcoming, however the staff in Reflections (bar) were rather rude at times.

Overall an excellent hotel.

Stayed April 2014