“Perfect, bare the wi-fi”

Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I were at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia for 4 days in mid-April 2014. We had heard and read good reviews about the Hotel and indeed it did live up to most of our expectations. Perfect rooms, very good service, excellent restaurants, both the Reflections Outdoor and the main Hawksworth Restaurant, good concierge service, smiles more authentic than across the border in Seattle, etc..
Never everything is perfect of course. At the Georgia we encountered three minor issues. There’s a Nespresso machine in the room. My husband uses only Ristretto capsules at home. Before arriving we asked whether they did have Ristretto capsules, otherwise we would have taken them with us. We were told that yes, Ristretto capsules would be in our room. That happened only for the first two days. Then they ran out of such capsules.
Issue no° two: surprising little choice is available in the breakfast menu at the Hawksworth.
Issue no° three (and only serious flaw): wi-fi service in the room is complimentary only for a device at a time. If two or more devices are used you need to subscribe to what they call a premium service, which comes with a heavy per day charge. Strange thing to do for a hotel that in the afternoon or evening will take you for free on a Bentley to any city centre destination.
But basics and much else are absolutely first grade at the Georgia: we definitely liked it Georgia and do recommend you stay there while in Vancouver.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PattyMilano

998 - 1,004 of 1,785 reviews

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Having travelled to most capital cities and resorts around the world in the last 30 years I never thought I would find one of my favourite hotels in Vancouver!
This is a real treat. Very high standard refurbishment of a historic building. Beautiful rooms that are classic yet modern (so hard to get right) - great touches that make it special. Very impressed (takes a lot)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DSP1
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Having always stayed at Leermitage hotel, it was sold out when I was in Vancouver. I decided to stay at the next best thing according to tripadvisor. Well it certainly impresses! From the moment you drive in the drive way to the moment you check out you are certainly spoilt and treated like royalty. Friendly staff and attentive! Turn down service is a nice touch too. Room is very specious staying in a deluxe king suite. Bath and shower are very relaxing as is the bed. The only thing I don't particularly like is the additional $200 per night they take off your credit card on top of the bill, however this was probably in the fine print somewhere. Will definitely return!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Spent one night at the Georgia Hotel last month. It is absolutely beautiful we upgraded our room and had a lovely view of the art gallery. We enjoyed a martini and some appetizers in Hawksworth lounge and were very impressed. The rooms are extremely luxurious and I especially was impressed the bathroom, double sinks and the soaker tub. It is a very special place and a step up from Hotel Vancouver and the Four Seasons.

Room Tip: Upgrade your room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed at the Rosewood in February for one night. A lot of hotels claim to be 5 stars but fall short on delivering that level of service - not so at the Rosewood. Everything about the hotel is the best, from the room decor and layout to the impeccable service. The rooms are a good size and the bathroom (I usually don't comment on bathrooms) was fantastic with a huge walk in shower and full size bathtub. We ordered room service during our stay and the food was delivered the very minute they said it would be by a very friendly, polite staff member. While we were out for dinner, house keeping came in for the best turn down service we have experienced. There is not a thing I can comment on that would have improved our stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Such a great hotel - from the moment we checked in and were personally welcomed by the manager to the moment we checked out we loved it. Very friendly and helpful service from the check-in desk to the concierges, to the bar staff - everyone seemed willing and happy to help us with anything we needed. The concierges Adams, Matthew and Aiden were extremely helpful in organising activities, making restaurant recommendations and generally taking good care of us. We loved the rooftop terrace bar/restaurant and the dinner we had at Hawksworth was sublime. We had two adjoining rooms as we were traveling with our son which worked really well. The rooms were large and comfortable with very large, luxurious bathrooms. We loved the stand alone bathtub in our room and the heated floor was interesting, although I did have to keep the bathroom door closed at night to prevent the bedroom from getting too warm from it. A couple of tiny complaints - the toiletries provided were not to my taste, just didn't like the fragrances and they were a bit skimpy - and there was only one armchair in the room, which meant that one of us had to sit on the bed to watch TV - not that we watched much, but a sofa or two chairs would have been much more comfortable. The beds were so comfortable I want to find out what they are so I can get one for myself! All in all I can't recommend this hotel highly enough and we will definitely stay there again when we return to Vancouver.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed for two nights in mid-April. We then went on to stay with relatives in the Vancouver area. On our second night (at 6:30 a.m. while we slept) we heard a repeated "beeping" from the living area of the junior suite. I couldn't figure out its point of origin. A call to the front desk resulted in a housekeeping person coming to the room to retrieve the room phone - it was beeping due to dead battery. Then an engineering person visited the room with a loud knock, again causing my wife to be awakened. Then the housekeeping person returned with a replacement phone. Five minutes later this "replacement" phone also started to beep which caused me to place the phone in the hall outside the room. Then the desk phone started beeping (dead battery also) and I placed it in the hallway for it to be beep side by side with the other phone. My wife, a light sleeper, was awakened three times. Other issues: I left a piece of computer equipment in the room. I only discovered its loss after returning home four days after check out. The hotel never called me to advise it had recovered the equipement, Since we stayed in the Vancouver area for three additional days the hotel could have called me (an expected courtesy) to advise they had the equipment. Now that we have returned to U.S. the hotel says it will return the piece but at my cost. I am quite surprised the hotel never called me as soon as its staff found the piece in the room. Finally, the furniture in the living area was "knicked" and without paint in several spots and the carpeting was worn.

Room Tip: Best to examine room before moving in and make inquiry about functioining of equipment.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family