“First class!”

Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stay here every few months just to get away with the wife and have yet to be disappointed. Service is above the top,the rooms are awesome,and location is within walking distance to pretty much everything including the best restaurants . I would refer this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Trip_around_james
Write a ReviewReviews (1,849)

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I decided to spoil myself for a night and stayed at the Rosewood Georgia. It is an absolutely stunning hotel. Historic building with a very chic and modern decor. It is a lot bigger in the inside than it looks. Hands down the friendliest staff I have EVER come across! I stayed in the Deluxe room which is a lot bigger than I expected. The washroom is to die for. Massive soaker tub, heated floors, his & her vanities, and rain shower. I definitely recommend checking out Reflections (rooftop bar) and the spa. Overall I had one of the best experiences ever! I will definitely be staying here again. Feel so lucky to have a hotel like this in our city!

Room Tip: I recommend staying in a higher floor to drown out noise from traffic. The hotel does hold a $200 in...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank rdhaliwal
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Staff here is terrific. Standard rooms really nice if not large, but our bathroom with tub is really nice and roomy. Nice Kohler rain shower showerhead. Comfortable beds. A bit weird that ice is only available if you call for it, or supposedly delivered at turndown service

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ColfaxCuban
Reviewed 3 May 2014

My husband and I were at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia for 4 days in mid-April 2014. We had heard and read good reviews about the Hotel and indeed it did live up to most of our expectations. Perfect rooms, very good service, excellent restaurants, both the Reflections Outdoor and the main Hawksworth Restaurant, good concierge service, smiles more authentic than across the border in Seattle, etc..
Never everything is perfect of course. At the Georgia we encountered three minor issues. There’s a Nespresso machine in the room. My husband uses only Ristretto capsules at home. Before arriving we asked whether they did have Ristretto capsules, otherwise we would have taken them with us. We were told that yes, Ristretto capsules would be in our room. That happened only for the first two days. Then they ran out of such capsules.
Issue no° two: surprising little choice is available in the breakfast menu at the Hawksworth.
Issue no° three (and only serious flaw): wi-fi service in the room is complimentary only for a device at a time. If two or more devices are used you need to subscribe to what they call a premium service, which comes with a heavy per day charge. Strange thing to do for a hotel that in the afternoon or evening will take you for free on a Bentley to any city centre destination.
But basics and much else are absolutely first grade at the Georgia: we definitely liked it Georgia and do recommend you stay there while in Vancouver.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PattyMilano
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Having travelled to most capital cities and resorts around the world in the last 30 years I never thought I would find one of my favourite hotels in Vancouver!
This is a real treat. Very high standard refurbishment of a historic building. Beautiful rooms that are classic yet modern (so hard to get right) - great touches that make it special. Very impressed (takes a lot)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank DSP1
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Having always stayed at Leermitage hotel, it was sold out when I was in Vancouver. I decided to stay at the next best thing according to tripadvisor. Well it certainly impresses! From the moment you drive in the drive way to the moment you check out you are certainly spoilt and treated like royalty. Friendly staff and attentive! Turn down service is a nice touch too. Room is very specious staying in a deluxe king suite. Bath and shower are very relaxing as is the bed. The only thing I don't particularly like is the additional $200 per night they take off your credit card on top of the bill, however this was probably in the fine print somewhere. Will definitely return!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Spent one night at the Georgia Hotel last month. It is absolutely beautiful we upgraded our room and had a lovely view of the art gallery. We enjoyed a martini and some appetizers in Hawksworth lounge and were very impressed. The rooms are extremely luxurious and I especially was impressed the bathroom, double sinks and the soaker tub. It is a very special place and a step up from Hotel Vancouver and the Four Seasons.

Room Tip: Upgrade your room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple