“Why would you stay anywhere else?”

Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Ranked #4 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Toronto, Canada
“Why would you stay anywhere else?”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was struck by the extraordinary focus placed on the countless touch points a guest encounters during their stay. Everything from the architectural refurbishments, the initial contact I had with the porter (even before emerging from my taxi), the daily interactions with each and every staff member I dealt with or simply passed in the common areas and the food and beverage are top notch. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Farrell M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This has to be the best hotel in town; why? service, service, service....and then the wonderful rooms (and bathrooms), terrace on the 4th floor, and the restaurant (recommended for dinner...and do make a reservation). Book here and you will thank me. It is centrally located, near great shopping areas, cafes, restaurants. In addition to the Hotel Restaurant, there are two great restaurants I recommend.... most highly: a) the Blue Water Café (recommended by the hotel website), and b) L'Abattoir (Gastown). Eat here and you will thank me again.

Room Tip: get the deluxe room....we stayed on the 11th floor, viewing the Art Gallery. Zero noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank M D
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was my first trip to Vancouver and I chose Rosewood Hotel Georgia in large part because of its' convenient downtown location. The hotel is an easy walk to many attractions including Gastown and Chinatown.

I stayed here for two nights in March after a week's skiing at Whistler Blackcomb. The room was relatively small, but very well appointed. The service was excellent, especially the concierege desk who were very friendly & helpful. I also had a very nice hot stone massage at the spa - a gift from my wife and very much appreciated after the aforementioned skiing at WBC. I was disappointed in the onsite dining. Hawksworth restaurant at dinner was bit too eclectic for my tastes and breakfast was average at best. Hy's steakhouse aroung the corner is a much better option.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Dwight F
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

If you have to be away from home and you have to stay in a hotel in Vancouver CBD, this is the only one. Only a 15 minute walk to Coal Creek waterfront, 20 to Stanley Park. Very central for Gastown, all businesses and shops in downtown. A 3 minute walk to the train station makes airport access incredibly simple.
Very well remodelled, retains historical decor but with modern ideas. Personnel are excellent, service outstanding. Restaurant has great food and menu, lounge bar quiet, terrace tapas bar good (but I was 30 years older than the rest of the clientele - my fault, not theirs!). Rooms very spacy with excellent wifi comms. Best hotel beds I've ever slept in.
For this standard, the price is extremely comparable with any other hotel, and the actual accommodation is far better.

Room Tip: There is no bad room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank AndyRockDr
Toronto
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Lovely luxury hotel with an old world flair. Take advantage of all their amenities. I was so glad I brought my workout stuff and swimsuit. Beautiful pool with multi-colored lit windows at the bottom of the pool. Very high tech rooms but tastefully decorated. Close to waterfront and I was able to go for an enjoyable run through Stanley Park.

• Stayed June 2014
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 1 June 2014

First let me explain that we have spent a lot of time in the Middle East and Asia and we've gotten used to a very high level of service. While traveling around North America we have been constantly disappointed as no one seems to know what good service really is.
The Rosewood staff were all on the same page, all of them checking on us and asking if we need anything, and how was our stay. All of them offered to go above and beyond what you would regularly expect of hotel staff in NA.
The room was excellent, we loved the bathroom in particular, everything was new and in tiptop condition. It's fought to beat the location as you could take the train in from the airport and it would be within 100m of you, and there are so many great places to eat and see nearby. The concierge will call and make reservations for anything you want. The one thing we meant to do but didn't was take a ride in the hotel Bentley!

Thank you for the extra touch of sending us Champagne, I guess someone noted that it was a later anniversary for us as well as the baptism of our Daughter :)

As for anything critical, this will sound trivial and it is but it was the only thing that didn't fit everything else and that was the shower gel, shampoo, conditioner. Everything was high end and stood out except the quality of that product, not its presentation, which was fine.

Now there are some people I'd like to thank in particular as they stood out, and even more so because I believe they were recent additions to the hotel staff, and they are:
1. Janice Hsu (I hope that's right)
2. Lewis (one of the Bellhops (sorry I didn't catch the last name)
3. Dale and Aiden at the Valet

I hope the management will recognize these individuals because they truly stood out as ambassadors for the Hotel. Without them the hotel is just another classy looking building without a soul.

Thank you for an enjoyable stay and we will certainly see you again!
Kevin Ramirez & Marianne Ramirez Boctor

Room Tip: I'm a super hard bed guy and the pillow top mattress was a little soft for me but this hotel and...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kevin_Ramirez
Pacifica, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia during a large meeting at the Canada Place Convention Center. It was a bit far to pop back and forth during the day (about a 10 - 15 minute walk) but it was a relaxing place to return in the evening. The staff were personable and professional. The room was well equipped and spotless. My room had a large waterfall shower that was sensational but I must admit that I prefer a tub for a good soak. It is not inexpensive, but save up for a very special weekend and you won't go wrong.

Room Tip: Talk with the hotel to find just the sort of accommodation you desire. They have a wide variety of...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business