Rosewood Hotel Georgia
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$375
Agoda.com
US$487
Delta Hotels
  • Restaurant
Park Inn & Suites by Radisson(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$286
Opus Hotel
US$441
US$428
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$422
US$380
Travelocity
1,871 results
All reviewshawksworth restaurantbel cafeheated floorsshortbread cookiesrain showerhouse cardeluxe roomturn down servicesoaking tubart gallerybeautiful hotellobby barhuge bathroomcar servicefourth floorhotel experiencelittle touches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband, son and I stayed at this hotel just earlier last week. It was just supposed to be my husband and I but due to unforeseen circumstances, my seven year old son had to come with us.

Let me start by saying that this hotel is truly beautiful. The lobby and amenities in the hotel are presented quite beautifully. Our hotel room (junior suite) looked very nice as well. The hotel presents quite well over all. The Junior Suite consists of a dining area, living room and then separate bedroom with huge bathroom (separate tub and rain shower). There is also a second half bathroom when you first walk into the suite near the dining room.

Unfortunately we didn't really sleep that well there. On the first night there, the hotel room cordless phone started beeping at 2 am. It woke all three of us up. I couldn't get the phone to stop beeping so finally decided to put it in one of our suitcases and throw about six pillows over it. I could still faintly hear it beeping but was able to get back to sleep (an hour and a half later). When I called the front desk the next morning the woman said they would send an engineer up to fix the phone (no mention was made about a discount or anything). When we did get back later that night, the phone did seem fixed as it didn't beep again after that. Unfortunately we were so tired from not getting much sleep the night before; the rest of our trip was a little painful. As well, on the second night of our stay, a moth got into the room (as there are no screens in the windows) and kept hitting the ceiling which was annoying.

The doormen at the valet entrance seemed quite nice and were quite accommodating when we needed a cab to go out. They actually even gave us a ride in the hotel's Bentley which was quite nice.

The housekeeping was good but not exceptional. They didn't give us any coffee on our third night stay so we had to ring up for someone to bring that up. We also had to ask for our son's bathrobe as there were only adult bathrobes supplied.

The hotel doesn't really have any family friendly restaurants so you are basically forced to order room service in the morning for breakfast (we only did that once and then bought muffins to bring into our room). Paying room service over $30 for one breakfast is just not justified to me. There were a lot of great restaurants near the hotel though. The location of the hotel was fantastic; cafes, restaurants and shops in every direction.

On our last night there we hired a babysitter through the hotel. I believe the service is called Nanny on Call. The babysitter was quite nice and our son really liked her. There was a bit of confusion with the concierge about how to pay her though. I felt the concierge didn't quite know her stuff which I found odd for a luxury hotel.

I wouldn't say our stay was horrible but it certainly was not exceptional for a hotel of so many stars. Our stay was definitely not worth $400 a night. I think we'll try something a little more family friendly on our next trip to Vancouver.

Room Tip: Request a room that is higher up to avoid the nightlife noise of the atrium patio restaurant down below.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Paula H
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Hotel Georgia is a great old style sophisticated hotel, recently renovated for luxury and service. Special place with a lot of history and luxury comfort. Great downtown location within walking distance of many attractions and shopping. I look forward to my next stay!

Room Tip: Had a room facing Georgia Street and it was very quiet for a busy street.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I can't help it! Keep staying here- maybe 4 times now. It's still a beautiful hotel, modern, but with lots of the old building incorporated. Amazing, comfortable rooms, beautiful bathrooms, great staff, excellent position in the heart of Vancouver. For sheer indulgence in a great position, stay here, my only competitor for here is the Fairmont Pacific Rim, It's slightly more "modern" with amazing views over the water but I I feel less central.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lazigirl
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia in July 2014. We couldn't have asked for a better location - central to shopping, art galleries, dining, and waterfront - all just a short 5-15 minute walk away. The rooms were amazing, the beds extremely comfortable and the staff was incredibly attentive and helpful. We asked the concierge for dining recommendations and we ate in both local places, as well as two of the hotel's dining options - Bel Cafe and Hawksworth Restaurant. Both hotel restaurants provided fabulous meals and service. We will return to this hotel for all of our future stays in Vancouver.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here in a lovely corner suite overlooking the Art Gallery.
Very well situated, close to shops and eateries and a pleasant stroll to Stanley Park and Granville Island.
Room beautifully appointed, quiet and perfectly maintained.
Excellent concierge desk, many thanks to Matthew for his restaurant and touring tips.
We did not eat at any of the hotel's restaurants.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple