“Best Thai ever!”

Cuisines: Thai
Neighbourhood: West End
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My husband and I stopped here for lunch. We had the green curry and the red curry. The flavors are amazing. Large portions. Great lunch special with soup, spring roll, rice and entree. The chef came out and asked if everything was good. I always like it when the chef comes out to see the guests. Makes a more personal experience.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This small restaurant on Denman Street was a real find! The menu is extensive, the wait staff are attentive, and the food was out of this world! My partner had the Green Curry with eggplant and chicken. I had the Pad Thai. Both dishes were large portions and very tasty.
But the Green Curry was special - wonderful flavours, not too spicy and very aromatic!
One night we stayed in for dinner in our hotel and ended up ordering the Green Curry for both of us!
Next time we are in Vancouver, we will dine here again.

2  Thank westeddy54
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Trusting TA (as always), we had dinner here last evening and were not disappointed. They put the hot sauces on a tray separate from our meals as my girlfriend doesn't like it as hot as I do. They made the Gaeng Daeng Gai Moo (Red Curry Chicken) a 2 which was fine for her. She loved the Khung Kratiem Prik Thai (Shrimp w Garlic & Black Pepper). The Som Tam Thai (Papaya Salad) was a nice start and the Tom Yam Khung (Shrimp, Coconut Soup) was the best I ever had, although I had to spice it up, of course. Watch out for the small Thai Red chillies!

2  Thank GaryReg
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The food and service here was fantastic!

We ordered hot and sour soup with prawns, #40 chicken with spinach in a peanut sauce and #61 red curry with chicken and bamboo shouts.

We are used to our normal Thai place where everything can be spicy and gauged on a scale of 1-10. For our meal only the curry was able to be made spicy. The scale is 1-5, with converting we were going to go with a 4 since we get 8 at home. The waitress asked if we were sure and suggested that we go with a 3 and even that would be spicy. So we took the suggestion and went with a 3.

Thankfully we did. It was so spicy, but still tasty. A 4 would have been too much since I was getting head sweats it was so spicy. We found out that the pepper they use is fresh and makes it more spicy.

Everything we had was really good and tasty. There was a good use of red peppers which I usually find lacking with other Thai places.

The prices are around 13 per dish.

I would definitely recommend.

1  Thank pitbosskev
Reviewed 17 May 2013

This restaurant is a gem. I encourage any Thai food lovers visiting Vancouver to go to this restaurant. You will not be disappointed. Service was excellent, and waitresses were very up on "gluten free," explaining very clearly what is gluten free and what is not. There is a large range of gluten free options here. The Pad Thai with chicken was delicious. Remember to ask for the spice tray (very good spices/condiments). It is casual, nicely decorated, and very reasonable. Also, this restaurant happens to be in my favorite part of Vancouver. Very trendy, cool shops, including a fruit and nut shop a block or so down on the other side of Denman.

1  Thank dnpinva