“Great Stay”
Review of L'Hermitage Hotel

L'Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #1 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 25 November 2011

My wife and I just spent a night at the L'Hermitage while in town for our daughters convocation. The hotel was as we like - good location, great desk service with no lobby pretensions or overt displays of opulence and the room was beyond expectations. We get to Vancouver regularly as we live only a couple of hours away and each time we go, we stay at a boutique style hotel. The room at the L'Hermitage was far and away the best we've been in (we also travel to Seattle regularly and the same experience applies). We're only sorry we couldn't have extended the stay a few more days.

1  Thank SARNanoose
There are newer reviews for L'Hermitage Hotel

Reviewed 23 November 2011

I recently stayed at l'Hermitages for a night while on business in Vancouver. It was a great choice! The hotel staff are very friendly, the place has a nice, comfortable feel, and my room was clean and well appointed.
The hotel has a spacious lounge/breakfast area that I could easily spend more time in. Read, have glass of wine, watch TV - do any or all of these in the lounge. Breakfast was very good (the granola is a must have) with ample cold and hot choices. I had fruit, yogurt and granola with orange juice and coffee - morning papers and a smile from the waitress: good way to start the day!
My wife and I will be visiting Vancouver later this year and i made arrangements for our 3 night stay. I actually believe it is the perfect spot for a holiday visit. The combination of it being close to many downtown attractions and the room having a separate sitting room is really appealing and when combined with an attractive price it is perfect.
The management were great in making sure I was happy with my stay and went out of their way to help plan our return.
Overall I can just say with no hesitation that I have found my new favourite hotel in Vancouver: value and comfort - a winning combination.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Just a completely perfect hotel. Our stay was flawless. We booked a "Petite Boutique Room" but I think we were upgraded to a regular "Boutique Room" - the room was very large, and very nicely appointed. The bathroom is also gorgeous and stylish.

Our room had a faux fireplace (I think it was electric). It just produced fire-like-light and no heat, but was nice nevertheless. It got turned on each night when the room was turned down, and turned off in the morning cleaning (or maybe it turned off automatically? Don't recall).

The hotel room was completely quiet - no noise from the other rooms, street, or hallway (but, to be fair, we were at the end of the hallway so I doubt there were a lot of people who ever came past our room).

The staff were very nice. The hotel also has a concierge dog, who is adorable and rumbles when you pet him.

All it all, if you're staying in the Vancouver downtown this is a great hotel. It was close to the skytrain (2 blocks), and walking to all the downtown sites was easy.

Did I mention there's a Japadog store right around the corner?

Reviewed 17 November 2011

We had a short overnight visit to Vancouver. L'Hermitage was a high point of the visit. The staff was cheerful and helpful and extremely polite. Hippo is just adorable.
Our room was clean and comfortable and nicely decorated.
We would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2011

My husband and I stayed at the L'Hermitage for three nights in May 2011. Our room was a standard king overlooking the pool. Although the room was a bit small the furnishings and appointments were top notch. The bathroom was very spacious with a separate tub and glassed in shower. The location was within walking distance to Gastown, the BC Place Stadium, Canada Place and Convention Center. We rented a car and the valet service was quick and efficient. There are many restaurants within walking distance. Try Guu in Gastown and the Twisted Fork on Granville Street.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We had a great stay at L'Hermitage last weekend. It is a wonderful boutique hotel with great style, modern finishes, comfortable furnishings and rather large rooms for a boutique hotel. The hotel is very dog-friendly - greeted our dog by name in person and in the note left on the bed by housekeeping. The hotel provided dog bed and water/food bowls and gourmet treat- nice touch. The staff were extremely helpful and the rates were reasonable for both the stay and parking compared to other boutique hotels in the area. The hotel is centrally located within walking distance to yaletown, Rogers arena and shopping. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: We got upgraded from a petit boutique to a boutique room which had a king sized bed, enormous bathro...
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I chose this hotel after hours of searching for the right fit for a girl's weekend away. The hotel staff were extremely professional and friendly and helped with any request me might have. We really enjoyed our view of the beautiful pools. Right downtown. Very quiet hotel. would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends