“Makes your trip UNFORGETTABLY SPECIAL...”
Review of L'Hermitage Hotel

L'Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #1 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Makes your trip UNFORGETTABLY SPECIAL...”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

From the moment we met the valet, followed by the front desk personnel, the bell boys and the waiters at the breakfast buffet... we felt like royalty....We never met a face without a smile... everybody wishing us well and asking how they could help us be more comfortable...(as if possible)... The hotel is extremely well located, very clean and the rates are great... Right in the middle of the city... Rooms are big, great, very comfortable.....

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (831)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Lovely hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. While my room wasn't ready when I first arrived, I was able to wait in the lovely lounge and have a latte; my room key and luggage were brought to me.

Wasn't crazy about the construction starting at 6 am (which I don't believe is even legal) but that wasn't the hotel's fault; in fact they included a sheet in the suite to apologize for any inconvenience that it may cause.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Deland FL
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Short & Sweet, great location, great staff, from the front desk,to the the small, yet tasty breakfast buffet & staff.

The whole staff should be proud of their collective effort.

Rooms are terriffic, bathrooms are spacious & have every little special touch you can appreciate.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
North Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Wow! Wow! Wow! This is all we could say during our arrival and stay at L'Hermitage Hotel. This was our annual girls' getaway and we were treated like queens. How often does it happen that as soon as you arrive you feel as though you are seeing old friends/soul mates? We were greeted by Jean Michele (I really hope my spelling of the French name is correct) who is a treasure. Jean Michele checked us in and because we were early suggested what we could do prior to our suite being ready. We hadn't eaten, so he suggested the restaurant attached to the hotel, personally walked over to get our table, by the window, and off we went. After a good meal, chatted with Jean again (great sense of humor-loved it and his French accent) on sights. Our 2 bedroom suite was FANTASTIC!! Mitchell, the doorman, is also very welcoming. He showed us how the appliances worked, asked if we needed anything, and also gave us suggestions on things to do. Raymond Wong, the Concierge, was absolutely fabulous. Raywond worked us prior to/during our stay with restaurant reservations/sightseeing. Raymond is also a great personality. I can't emphasize enough how comfortable and enjoyable our trip was knowing the staff would be there to assist us with questions and great conversation. To be asked how was the day, called by your name, was far and above anything we expected. Thank you, L'Hermitage, for making this the most memorable getaway for us thus far. Also, thank you for the warm (for Canadians) weather, great service, including housekeeping, and for making us feel so special. We will see you all again soon!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Everything about L'hermitage Hotel was just perfect.

We stayed there twice during a trip to Canada in March 2012. After our first visit I couldn't wait to go back again...

A doorman greets you at the entrance. The reception staff are smiley, friendly, and really helpful.

As for the rooms - spot on. We had a suite and it was huge, with a separate living area with a big sofa and a lovely fireplace. Big comfy beds, flat screen TV's, robes and slippers, delicious coffee machines. Chocolates left on the bed each day - and they even had a birthday card waiting in the room for my boyfriend!

Breakfast is delightful; waffles, yoghurts, fruit, eggs, great coffee. A lovely way to start the day!

There is a heated pool and jacuzzi on the roof which are just divine to relax in at the end of a long day.

We stayed in March and the weather was bad - rain and some snow too. We explored the city during the daytime and could not wait to get back to our lovely hotel. Both our room, and the public areas of the hotel were cosy, relaxing and the whole hotel has a lovely ambience.

I would not hesitate to go back again!

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room - huge windows looking out across two different streets
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank princessasofia
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We stayed in the L'Hermitage for 4 days on our way through Canada. The hotel was excellent, and the rooms were large and very well done. The concierges were extremely helpful with our touristy questions and knew the area well. Breakfast was very great too. We had a small problem with our room phone, but they were extremely eager to help resolve the problem and instantly gave us a free breakfast without prompting.

A great hotel which I can't recommend enough.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MattHays
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 May 2012

L'Hermitage did not miss a single step during my stay. From the moment I left my taxi the doorman greeted me by name (he noticed my surname on my checked baggage) & happily escorted me in to the property! I was well taken care of at check in & once I arrived my petite boutique room I was tickled with happiness. The room felt custom tailored to my every need. I was drawn to the beautiful king sized bed with fresh crisp white linens/ personalized greeting card/ Lindt chocolates, amazed by my well appointed view facing their terrace and the grandioso bathroom is incredible! Most important, everything was imaculate & clean from the furniture, TV remote control & compact Nespresso machine. The attention to detail is what I most commend L'Hermitage for as even my clothes hangers in the closet were placed in perfect placement next to one another. My only wish was that I could have stayed longer & explored the hotel beyond the 6th floor, but I'm certainly not worried because L'Hermitage will certainly be my destination hotel everytime I visit Vancouver for business & pleasure! Keep up the great work!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business