“Great stay”
Review of L'Hermitage Hotel

L'Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #1 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I took my staff over to Vancouver for a trade show. This was my first time staying at the hotel and we loved it. The staff were their to greet us by opening the main doors, coming around the desk to hand us our keys and escorted us to the elevator. The rooms are very well appointed with everything you will need. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,068)

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed in a mini suite and were shocked and amazed at everything the room included....it's not your normal suite that's for sure! The hotel staff are very proffessional and make great recommenadtions. The property is an absolute stunner. Beautiful pool, outside surroundings and hot tub. The kitchen was stocked with everything you need and it was nicer then the things I have at home! I LOVED the Nespresso machine. Valet parking is cheaper then most places downtown and prompt. There is a Garden Market IGA directly around the corner to stock your kitchen and anything else you need is within quick walking distance.
The restaurant was closed unfortunatly so there were no options for food 'in' the hotel but location made up for it. I could go on about the property but you'd be best to see for yourself!

1  Thank cava33
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We have stayed in many places around the world, and the SERVICE at L'hermitage is arguable the best we have ever(!) received. For our 3-day stay they knew our names immediately after we arrived, doormen, front desk, restaurant...made things happen for us that were above and beyond.

Our room (#712), was a mini-suite, and it too was possibly the nicest room we have every stayed in, anywhere. 2BA (2 shower + 1 tub), 1 Kitchen, W/D, 1 Den, BR, LR...amazing!

This place is glorious! You can walk anywhere from here throughout all of Vancouver.

While the service is of the highest quality, I do have to "ding" the Manager on Duty, who at the front desk verbally BERATED the Doorman right in front of us because he didn't have the EXACT bus line number for us to take. It was very inappropriate! it was very uncomfortable! Everyone standing around, except the Manager, was unnerved by what he did. My husband and I tried to make the Doorman feel okay as it wasn't that important to us, but the Manager exhibited the kind of behavior you read about in any Management 101 textbook "How Not to Treat Your Employees" (especially in front of customers).

HOTEL IS AMAZING! We would return in a hot minute!

Room Tip: While there is construction going on outside, we didn't hear it so don't worry about being...
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I loved this hotel. From the beginning it was a fabulous stay. Staff so friendly and it was like they were waiting for me. I was quickly showed right to my room minutes after I walked through the entrance.And my room. Huge with a fireplace and large bathroom with both a shower and bath tub, which is found behind double doors. The gym had all the best equipment and private lounge was great to work from, which I was even able to use after I checked out. Location central to everything. I look forward to my next stay. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tina W
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Had a wonderful 2 nights here en-route to NZ. Clean, comfortable rooms....everything we needed was right there. The staff were caring and courteous and the use of the bikes to go round the sea wall through Stanley Park was above and beyond what we expected.
There is construction right outside the hotel but it didn't impact us at all..quiet nights and great sleeps!
Would make this my first choice when going again.

1  Thank JoGrimns
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Very professional and friendly staff. The suite we stayed in was incredible with a very comfortable bed. Huge bathroom for a hotel. Everything at this hotel is top notch. We will continue to stay at this hotel when visiting Vancouver.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed here for work last week, and not only was the staff great, the location perfect, the concierge knowledgeable, but the room was massive. This property is ranked number one, and more affordable than the properties below it. Best choice I made was to stay at this property. Loved the Nespresso machine in the room, the fridge, the office, the electric fireplace, and the dishwasher. I wish I could have stayed longer. Also, breakfast and valet were included in my package. I wasn't expecting much from the breakfast, but it was awesome!

Room Tip: Go with a suite.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business