“A Tasteful, Well Located, Mid-Sized, Boutique Hotel.”
Review of L'Hermitage Hotel

L'Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #1 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver
“A Tasteful, Well Located, Mid-Sized, Boutique Hotel.”
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

The title above captures the essence of this hotel for us. They place a priority on quiet quality and unobtrusive excellence. It is not a large, opulent chain hotel. The building itself is unremarkable. It is, rather, a mid-sized boutique hotel that manages to take advantage of its size to provide personalized and attentive, but not intrusive, service. Our one bedroom suite was spacious, tastefully modern and comfortable with a large sitting area, patio and very comfortable bed. The room showed no sign of wear - anywhere. The service is quietly and efficiently attentive, in both the restaurant and hotel. The location is in the heart of downtown, about 4 blocks from the closest Robson St. shopping, 15 minute walk (maybe less) to Yaletown an easy 20 minute walk to Coal Harbour and the convention center. If you're looking for a large, prestige hotel along the lines of the Four Seasons or Fairmont chains, this might not be ideal for you. In my view, however, this hotel is the best value in the city - and it is also now our hotel of choice in Vancouver.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SunFunFamily

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (839)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Florida
Reviewed 6 February 2014

This is truly a gem in Vancouver. Where to begin - first of all - was greeted and checked in by a very friendly, professional person. He asked if we had stayed at the hotel before (which we hadn't) and made sure we were aware of what the hotel had to offer and where things were. Also, we had requested a quiet room (based on prior reviews) and were accommodated.

About the room - we had a very very good rate from Orbitz. Notwithstanding that - the room/hotel is truly lovely. Our room was large and well appointed. It also have a terrace!

The location is perfect - 2 blocks from the metro and easy walking distance to restaurants, shopping, and museums.

Lastly, their concierge Raymond is an extremely knowledgeable and helpful person.

We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AlwaysgoneFlorida
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed here on the 25th of January. I was heading up for the Canucks game and called ahead and they had my room ready and allowed me to check in 3 hours ahead of the normal time. The front desk was incredibly nice and helpful. After taking bags up to the room we spoke with the concierge about where to go for drinks after the game. He gave us a complete overview of the city and even told us what streets and areas to avoid. The location cannot be beat, it was within walking distance of the stadium and all of the good bars and restaurants. The room was big with a king bed and an enormous bathroom that had a separate shower and tub. The room was spotless and I was able to wake up well rested in the morning.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mike_Mi2
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I took my staff over to Vancouver for a trade show. This was my first time staying at the hotel and we loved it. The staff were their to greet us by opening the main doors, coming around the desk to hand us our keys and escorted us to the elevator. The rooms are very well appointed with everything you will need. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Fort St. John, Canada
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We stayed in a mini suite and were shocked and amazed at everything the room included....it's not your normal suite that's for sure! The hotel staff are very proffessional and make great recommenadtions. The property is an absolute stunner. Beautiful pool, outside surroundings and hot tub. The kitchen was stocked with everything you need and it was nicer then the things I have at home! I LOVED the Nespresso machine. Valet parking is cheaper then most places downtown and prompt. There is a Garden Market IGA directly around the corner to stock your kitchen and anything else you need is within quick walking distance.
The restaurant was closed unfortunatly so there were no options for food 'in' the hotel but location made up for it. I could go on about the property but you'd be best to see for yourself!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cava33
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We have stayed in many places around the world, and the SERVICE at L'hermitage is arguable the best we have ever(!) received. For our 3-day stay they knew our names immediately after we arrived, doormen, front desk, restaurant...made things happen for us that were above and beyond.

Our room (#712), was a mini-suite, and it too was possibly the nicest room we have every stayed in, anywhere. 2BA (2 shower + 1 tub), 1 Kitchen, W/D, 1 Den, BR, LR...amazing!

This place is glorious! You can walk anywhere from here throughout all of Vancouver.

While the service is of the highest quality, I do have to "ding" the Manager on Duty, who at the front desk verbally BERATED the Doorman right in front of us because he didn't have the EXACT bus line number for us to take. It was very inappropriate! it was very uncomfortable! Everyone standing around, except the Manager, was unnerved by what he did. My husband and I tried to make the Doorman feel okay as it wasn't that important to us, but the Manager exhibited the kind of behavior you read about in any Management 101 textbook "How Not to Treat Your Employees" (especially in front of customers).

HOTEL IS AMAZING! We would return in a hot minute!

Room Tip: While there is construction going on outside, we didn't hear it so don't worry about being...