“Downtown getaway”
Review of L'Hermitage Hotel

L'Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #1 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Very helpful,friendly staff. Our third stay and we will definitely come back. So central to everything.love the large bathrooms and the beds are so comfortable. Sorry to hear about Hippo, we so miss the friendly welcome of the dog.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steve I
Write a ReviewReviews (4,068)

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Wonderful hotel. All the other glowing reviews were correct. We had an excellent stay. Room was lovely and spacious, as was the bathroom. The lap pool was wonderful as was the hot tub. Drinks in the hot tub what a treat. Concierge was excellent with advice and all the staff were very nice. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay, pity it wasn't longer.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Loved this hotel the service was great when we checked in they offered us a complimentary beverage (we did have to wait a few hours to check-in which was a bit annoying) but the staff were very helpful! when it came to planning activities concierge Ellie was great and so helpful!! The rooms were lovely and clean and modern which is essential! Only downfall is the doors often rattled and made a banging sound which was annoying I think it's from others opening their doors! It was central to downtown Vancouver easy walking distance and staff always eager to help in anyway! Would definitely recommend staying here

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Roxy J
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Second time at this hotel and still excellent. I was really well welcome by the guy at the door, really polite and helpful. The room are beautiful, confortable and very clean. The bed is confortable and sleep fell just like home. Excellent quality/price!!! Will definitely go back

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We only stayed one night at the L'Hermitage before heading off to Whistler, but it was easy to see why this is the No. 1 hotel in Vancouver. The rooms are modern, clean, and comfortable. I appreciated large bathroom, as well as the Nespresso coffee maker. The staff were all friendly and efficient. We had a rental car and the valet was quick and helpful. If we had more time, we would have reserved the hotel's free bikes and rode to Stanley Park. As a side note, we did go to Granville Public Market and it was filled with delicious things to eat and wonderful things to buy. I highly recommend checking it out when you're in Vancouver.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 143_nyc
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed at L'Hermitage Hotel for 2 night in February. What made the hotel exceptional, in my mind, was the staff. For example, my flight arrived before check-in time, but they told me my room would be ready in approximately 20 minutes. Then they invited me upstairs in their lounge to wait, offered me a complimentary coffee beverage, and came to inform me when the room was ready.

It was small things, like that, that set this hotel above others. There was construction outside and I'd read on Trip Advisor that it could be heard in the rooms, but I never heard noise in my room.

The only downside is that the hotel itself seems to make a lot of noise... furnaces, water, etc.

My one recommendation to the hotel would be to double-check the gender of the guest before slipping the personally addressed welcome note under the guest's door. Mine was wrong. It didn't affect my stay in the least, but it didn't have the impact that it could have had.

Room Tip: My room had a small patio. Check to see if other rooms include this.