“Affordable luxury in Vancouver business district”
Review of L'Hermitage Hotel

L'Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #1 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed at L'Hermitage for 2 nights on business, in a King room, departing from my usual hotel, and did not regret it for a second.

The pros:
- 5 star service
- Spacious well-appointed rooms
- Spacious washroom with separate soaker bath and stand-up shower
- Gorgeous rooftop saltwater lap pool and hot tub
- Decent sized 24-hr fitness room with new equipment
- Nice steamroom
- Very nice, huge business lounge with high ceilings
- Convenient location close to Vancouver financial/business district, close walk to Rogers Arena, Pacific Centre mall, shopping on Robson street, restaurants in Gastown

The cons:
- Bed was too hard for my liking, but a matter of personal preference
- Immediate surrounding area lacks charm (currently surrounded by construction sites), no views of water/mountains

Overall this is an excellent hotel, and I would stay there again, even on my own dime.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank MandA2012

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I visit Vancouver a couple of times a month, usually for one night. Although I could stay at a hotel closer to my office, I don't even bother anymore since this hotel is simply the best. On this trip I became very sick, the hotel staff took it upon themselves to run and get me medicine. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. The breakfast buffet is excellent. I sometimes use the lap pool and jacuzzi. I find the prices for the quality to be extremely fair for this market. I like that the rates don't get discounted on other sites. The staff are Always friendly, even housekeeping. Sometimes I wish some rooms could have better temp. Control, but if you stay on the poolside in larger room, windows can be opened, and some rooms even have balconies. Personally if it is available I will always choose this hotel. Easily one of the best hotels in the world.

Room Tip: I like sound of water, so rooms against lap pool are nicest.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

I do not know why there are so many good reviews about this hotel. Essentially this is a hotel which is part of a condo complex. The wood floors in the room are fake and scratched up. The hair dryer and lamp broke during our stay. The furniture in the room looks worn. Called down to the front desk to call us a taxi to go out for dinner was told it will be 10 minutes, and when arrived in lobby no taxi was waiting for us and I had to flag down our own taxi. Never again will I stay in this hotel and my advice stay somewhere else.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank gotapresent
JM-Tanguy, General Manager at L'Hermitage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear gotapresent,

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience at L'Hermitage Hotel - We value and appreciate all feedback we receive on Trip Advisor.

I am truly sorry if somehow we missed an opportunity to meet your expectations. I would be delighted to speak with you further regarding your stay and hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel once again. Please do not hesitate to contact me at your earliest convenience at jmtanguy@lhermitagevancouver.com.

Jean-Michel Tanguy
L'Hermitage Hotel Vancouver
jmtanguy@lhermitagevancouver.com

Reviewed 2 April 2014

When you book a hotel that is number 1 on TA for a city like Vancouver, you almost think - can it actually be that good? In our case, it was. And then some.

The thing that makes this hotel better than others is quite simply the service from every staff member. Guy at the door, reception, concierge, waiting staff, housekeepers etc, all class.

We stayed here for five nights in March in a suite with a kitchen etc as we had the little one. What a God send having a fully functional kitchen, washer, dryer and spare room when you have a child. Highly recommended. Rooms were clean, classy, great TV/Sat, comfy bed, nice desk area too.

Location is very central and virtually on Robson Street, which seems to be the best for general shopping. The gym is decent and outside pool/hot tub are lovely and bliss in the jungle of the city.

Can I fault the place at all? Only minor things I can see is that there is no bar/restaurant, unless we were blind. Also, the shower in the bathroom does not do the rooms justice. And that's it. Very minor.

To illustrate how classy this hotel is, our little boy was sick and they extended our check out to 5.30pm to assist. Furthermore, there was a chance we may have had to stay longer (due to our poorly lad), and if that was required, they would have allowed us to keep our room and honour the rate, despite being totally full. That kindness you would never get from a big chain.

Bearing in mind this hotel cost is about £140 B&B - it was probably the best pound for pound value we've had from a hotel thinking of how much time we spent there, use of the amenities, staff expertise etc,

Great staff and stay, thanks.

Room Tip: If you have kids, go with the suite with the kitchen.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We walked to L'Hermitage with our 2 x 22kg suitcases quite easily from the Vancouver city train station. The walk is quite flat.

There is construction going on across the road, pretty much directly opposite the hotel. I knew this prior to booking and requested a room away from the building works. I assume they were unable to accommodate the request, which I understand is not always possible, but unbeknowns to us we seem to have been upgraded to the beautiful boutique solarium room! The room was on the corner of the 7th floor and it was beautifully furnished. The kitchen was immaculate. Best kitchen I have ever seen in a hotel. Too bad we didn't get to use it as we only stayed one night.

The hotel is well located. An easy walk to Gastown & surrounding area where we were spoilt for choice with restaurants. We landed at Tuc Craft Kitchen which I have written a separate review on - well worth a visit. We also walked to Burrard Station to catch the bus to Whistler.

We didn't use the hotel restaurant or any of the facilities so can't comment on those. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was small but had everything we needed. My only criticism was that there was no bench space on the vanity for toiletries.

There was a $9 credit card fee for paying with CC so on hindsight I would have paid cash.

Thank you! We would definitely come back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Cozy rooms. Fluffy robes, beautiful white leather walls. Elegant limestone bathrooms, all the most modern high end fixtures. Hockey package. Amazing pool area, central location, outgoing hospitable staff- will certainly come back again!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank PlazaKiya
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I would highly encourage staying at this hotel. I had some luggage issues because of shipping bags by UPS to the hotel and these folks went way out of their way to help. The hotel is near some great ethnic food locations. I especially liked the nearby Japanese BBQ.

• Stayed: March 2014