“we were looking for the candid cameras”
Review of L'Hermitage Hotel

L'Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #1 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Wow, this is really the best hotel experience we've ever had (and we had a few...).
The staff is so friendy and service oriented, that we were constantly looking for candid cameras as if it were too good to be true.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (4,068)

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We really enjoyed this hotel over the March Break. We took our 2 teenagers and had a wonderful time in Vancouver. The hotel was located so close to everything we wanted or just a short drive away. The service was lovely and the rooms were near perfect. When we return to Vancouver, we will definitely return to this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TO-ski-mom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Great Hotel!!!!, perfect location, very clean, very quiet, lovely beds, just a good feeling when i stay here! will be back again, and again! great staff. i have stayed at other spots in this price range nothing compares!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Very good service and excellent value for money!
Location is very central, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I couldn't find any movie channels (but didn't really look hard for it) and the gym wasn't very big, but I would book it again if I would need a hotel in Vancouver. Very happy customer.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Thank you L'Hermitage for a wonderful stay! My boyfriend and I stayed for only two nights for a quick weekend getaway from April 25 to April 27 in the Boutique Room. I wanted a suite but by the time I booked the room it was already sold out, although I still loved the room. It faced the street with the construction but we were not bothered with any noise. Before our stay I emailed the hotel asking them questions and I was surprised at how quickly and graciously they responded to my questions. They were extremely helpful and once I checked in they were just as nice in person. I really enjoy boutique hotels and this is definitely at the top of my list.

This was our first time visiting Vancouver and the location of the hotel is fantastic. We walked everywhere we wanted to go. I absolutely love this city, especially coming from Los Angeles where there's always traffic and all that nonsense! I loved walking and biking around the city. We stayed for such a short time that we didn't use any of the amenities but we will definitely be back again. Next time, I'll make sure to book the suite! My first time in Vancouver was such a wonderful experience and I am grateful for L'Hermitage for making my stay a great one. I must also say that Canadians are very nice people!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fancy S
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at L'Hermitage Hotel for four nights in April 2014 and agreed that everything about our visit was perfect. This hotel is located in a great spot downtown: on Richards but just a few steps away from Robson, where you'll find restaurants and shopping galore.

Directly downstairs of the hotel is a Marketplace, which made things really convenient for us to buy water and munchies.

Also directly downstairs is a Tim Horton's, so we had delicious coffee every morning. The hotel room had a Nespresso machine. We didn't use it, but I thought it was a nice touch. The hotel also serves a hot breakfast buffet, but it's pretty steep at $19.50 per person.

The staff was very friendly, but it was the service we received from the bell desk was extra and genuinely nice.

This hotel must have thick walls or something, because not once were we bothered by noise from any other party.

The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom nice and spacious! The toilet was separate from the sink/bathtub, which is my favorite setup. There is a luxurious bathtub AND a separate shower!

Check-out time is noon, which is great for us on vacation and like to sleep in on the last day!

Our favorite part about L'Hermitage was that they have two nice Specialized bikes (in good shape) for rent at no cost, for four-hour increments at a time. The bell desk is ready with locks, backpacks, and bike maps for you. What a great added-value. Be sure to reserve your bikes ahead of time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights.It began with us missing the hotel as we tried to find it and the bell boy was just returning from his break and asked us where we wanted to go.We told him and he helped me with my bags even though he was on a break from work.
It was only 10am in the morning but although we could not check in they sent us to their lounge area for complimentary drinks.
There was a false fire alarm in the night and they gave us a $50 credit from our bill to say sorry from the unintended wake up call in the middle of the night.
The accommodation was comfortable.We broke up our stay with a night in Whistler and they upgraded us on our return to an apartment room with laundry and cooking facilities.The furnishings were very modern.
The concierge was very informative as to where to go .
Same bellboy when leaving was very attentive helping us get a taxi and put all our luggage in the taxi.There were four of us with two pieces of luggage each.

Room Tip: Pick the room with laundry and kitchenette.-two bedroom signature suite.