“Excellent ”

Ranked #1 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Hastings
“Excellent ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We found this to be an excellent hotel, in a good location (close to Yaletown, Gastown, Skytrain) with very nice and helpful staff. The room was big, the bathroom was huge. The hot tub and pool are a great bonus and the gym looked well equipped too. The building works aren't really that much of an issue-a little unsightly perhaps but only if you're in your room a lot. Good value overall. If you like Vietnamese, Viet Sub across the street does awesome Pho.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (818)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Wow, this is really the best hotel experience we've ever had (and we had a few...).
The staff is so friendy and service oriented, that we were constantly looking for candid cameras as if it were too good to be true.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We really enjoyed this hotel over the March Break. We took our 2 teenagers and had a wonderful time in Vancouver. The hotel was located so close to everything we wanted or just a short drive away. The service was lovely and the rooms were near perfect. When we return to Vancouver, we will definitely return to this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TO-ski-mom
Calgary,Alberta,Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Great Hotel!!!!, perfect location, very clean, very quiet, lovely beds, just a good feeling when i stay here! will be back again, and again! great staff. i have stayed at other spots in this price range nothing compares!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Very good service and excellent value for money!
Location is very central, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I couldn't find any movie channels (but didn't really look hard for it) and the gym wasn't very big, but I would book it again if I would need a hotel in Vancouver. Very happy customer.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Thank you L'Hermitage for a wonderful stay! My boyfriend and I stayed for only two nights for a quick weekend getaway from April 25 to April 27 in the Boutique Room. I wanted a suite but by the time I booked the room it was already sold out, although I still loved the room. It faced the street with the construction but we were not bothered with any noise. Before our stay I emailed the hotel asking them questions and I was surprised at how quickly and graciously they responded to my questions. They were extremely helpful and once I checked in they were just as nice in person. I really enjoy boutique hotels and this is definitely at the top of my list.

This was our first time visiting Vancouver and the location of the hotel is fantastic. We walked everywhere we wanted to go. I absolutely love this city, especially coming from Los Angeles where there's always traffic and all that nonsense! I loved walking and biking around the city. We stayed for such a short time that we didn't use any of the amenities but we will definitely be back again. Next time, I'll make sure to book the suite! My first time in Vancouver was such a wonderful experience and I am grateful for L'Hermitage for making my stay a great one. I must also say that Canadians are very nice people!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fancy S
Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at L'Hermitage Hotel for four nights in April 2014 and agreed that everything about our visit was perfect. This hotel is located in a great spot downtown: on Richards but just a few steps away from Robson, where you'll find restaurants and shopping galore.

Directly downstairs of the hotel is a Marketplace, which made things really convenient for us to buy water and munchies.

Also directly downstairs is a Tim Horton's, so we had delicious coffee every morning. The hotel room had a Nespresso machine. We didn't use it, but I thought it was a nice touch. The hotel also serves a hot breakfast buffet, but it's pretty steep at $19.50 per person.

The staff was very friendly, but it was the service we received from the bell desk was extra and genuinely nice.

This hotel must have thick walls or something, because not once were we bothered by noise from any other party.

The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom nice and spacious! The toilet was separate from the sink/bathtub, which is my favorite setup. There is a luxurious bathtub AND a separate shower!

Check-out time is noon, which is great for us on vacation and like to sleep in on the last day!

Our favorite part about L'Hermitage was that they have two nice Specialized bikes (in good shape) for rent at no cost, for four-hour increments at a time. The bell desk is ready with locks, backpacks, and bike maps for you. What a great added-value. Be sure to reserve your bikes ahead of time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple