“Fleetwood Mac overnight stay”
Review of L'Hermitage Hotel

L'Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #1 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 19 May 2009

Poor rating only for Noisy air conditioner compressor, Great hotel great location great staff, very noisy air conditioner in room 663, great hotel to stay at in the winter when its not needed.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank di2kids

Reviewed 11 April 2009

What I enjoyed most about my stay was the bathtub - it was big enough to swim in almost! I stayed in a Studio King and it was quite roomy for one person. The windows opened, which was fantastic and the bed was very comfortable. I also appreciated the valet parking, although I never saw where the car was parked or who exactly was the valet attendant.

What I found disappointing was the lady who was working the front desk in the evening. Compared to the two ladies who checked me in earlier in the afternoon, this employee I felt could use some help with customer service.

First, I inquired about a good place to eat and she suggested a place about 7 blocks away. When I wondered about needing reservations she said she'd call over and find out what their wait time was and then ring my room. I never heard anything from her so I made arrangements to go somewhere else for dinner. (Griffins at the Fairmont Hotel was excellent!)

Secondly, when I came back to the desk to advise them my schedule had changed and I wouldn't be staying for as long as I had anticipated, she ignored me for well over 5 minutes as she played with the dog who belonged to either residents or guests booked at the hotel. Working in tourism myself, a common courtesy would have been to acknowledge another guest and let them know you'll be with them in a moment. It doesn't take much.

I was also disappointed that there was no doorman or bell hop, no assistance with luggage and the internet cable in the room was by the bed. Now maybe you could move the furniture and unplug the device and crawl under the desk to reinstall it, where it should have been, but after a long day of meetings, I shouldn't have to crawl around behind furniture to get an internet connection!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank Littleminxy
Reviewed 22 March 2009

So my boyfriend and I were looking to stay in a nice hotel in Vancouver for a night. Something under $150 with a hot tub and pool, close to Gastown, Amsterdam cafe etc. and close to Robson so I could shop! L'Hermitage Hotel was perfect for this.

I knew that no matter what us driving would add an extra $25 to the hotel tab because there is absolutely no parking in Vancouver. It was worth it though because we didn't need the car and the pool and hot tub made up for it. We also had breakfast at the hotel- which I like most Americans, assumed would be complimentary. I was wrong and it was an additional $30. This was OK too though. The food was great and we got to eat alone early in the morning.

.Everyone was really nice and the hotel was really clean. The bathroom was big in our studio. They're still working out some kinks as it is a new hotel. (There was no On Demand or anything to buy movies off of the tv, which was fine).

Honestly the whole trip was great. There is a really good bar/restaurant to check out across the street. I would do breakfast again, but maybe once if it was a longer trip, just to save money. We're already planning on next years trip!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2009

* absolutely recommendable
* amazing accomodation
* in good condition
* not to big
* luxurious, modern, stylish
* great location, you can walk by foot to any of Vancouver's attractions
* really friendly staff
* good room service
* very clean everywhere
* nice equipment / furniture
* sizeable room with big bathroom
* comfortable interior
* fantastic for a stay to explore Vancouver or to have a great hotel on a short trip
* perfect for couples
* would come back again

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 2 March 2009

We had a one bedroom suite and loved it. The sitting room was great, and we actually didn't mind the funny little electric fire. The bathroom fittings are luxurious.

The location is perfect as we walked around Yaletown and Robson and then went into Gastown one evening. When we asked for a cab, we even got a ride to our restaurant courtesy of the hotel.

One wonderful note, the manager, I think, Jean Paul has an adorable little french bulldog which we saw in the lobby.

There's a nice continental brunch, but if you don't want to pay for that, there's a good IGA
grocery store right around the corner.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RainGirlNanaimo
Reviewed 26 February 2009

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights while in Vancouver to sight see and watch a hockey game. Was in a perfect location downtown with secured and very private parking.

Had a one bedroom corner unit that was absolutely beautiful. It was probably bigger then some peoples apartments. The bed was large and comfortable; the bathroom was huge and had a roomy standing shower as well as a bathtub. The only complaint I would have about the room was that the electric fireplace is a little tacky.

The secured parking was great and since the location was so good we were able to walk everywhere. There is a pool that looked amazing that we didn’t get an opportunity to take advantage of that we Definetely will next time as we most certainly will be back!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple