“Such an amazing experience! ”

Wild Whales Vancouver
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Orcas! Orcas! Orcas! We saw a dozen of them. 3 or 4 pods joined together. They were really playful, jumping all around. There was also a 2 month old calf. Rob, our guide, was well prepare and really friendly.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)
All reviews
in 90 reviews
"great trip"
in 43 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I did a lot of research before choosing which company to go with and feel we made the right choice. The captain was great and made every effort to keep us with the whales. The naturalist was really informative. We saw a pod of Orcas as well as harbour seals and bald eagles. The Orcas were fascinating to watch and came up close to the boat before finally heading north.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My daughter lives in Vancouver. So, when I came from the States to visit I really wanted to visit Wild Whales again. I booked a trip for 3 of us. We needed a seat for a member of our party that had some mobility issues and noted that at booking. Within a hour or so after booking I received an email asking how they could help with seating for our member who needed mobility assistance. That was very impressive. Unfortunately our first planned trip was canceled due to winds on in the Strait. Disappointing for sure, however, the fact that guest safety was important is something to be said. At about $135 a head and a large capacity of seats some companies might have taken the risk for profit. So we rescheduled and had a great day on calm waters with a pod of 4 transient Orcas. Our captain Rob came down and welcomed us all aboard and gave us a run down of what to expect. This was new from our first visit and really nice. Our guide Ashley? I believe was beyond knowledgeable. She works at Vancouver Aquarium as well plus dives for recreational in the area and knew a lot about the marine life that surrounds the area. Throughout our trip she shared a lot about the pod we were able to spend time with. We followed the pod for a little over an hour and a half. Her enthusiasm for these great creatures was infectious. Other highlights of the day included observing harbor seals as they basked in the beautiful weather. The views of the mountains from the water as we traveled was beyond breath-taking. Towards the end of our journey back Ashley took note of the fact that the diverse group of travelers from all over the world were trying to get a good picture of Vancouver as we approached. So, Rob stopped the vessel so everyone could get a pic. In conclusion it was a great day.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were a bit late getting to Granville Island, which made things a bit more hurried than needed. The office is not directly adjacent to the boat so plan for about a 10 min walk to the boat after filling out registration papers. This in no way deterred from the experience. We had a wonderful time! They work in conjunction with other operators on the area to alert each other to the whales location. We found whales within about 45 mins of leaving the dock and followed them for quite a while. We then branched off to find some sea lions and porpoises. They found a new pod of orca on the way back to Vancouver. We followed this pod for a bit and were delighted to see an appearance of an 8 week old orca that happened to be the youngest orca that they knew of in the Vancouver waters. It was a fantastic experience!

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Being disabled I did a lot of research to find the right company to get me out seeing whales, and I really struck lucky when I contacted Wild Whales.
From my first contact by email their staff were on the ball and my concerns were dealt with great customer service and good communication.
On the day everything was simple booked in, met at the boat and taken out to sea. The crew and particularly the guide were great and extremely informative.
We spent a total of 4 hours on the vessel with an hour and a half with a pod of 4 Orcas (killer whales). The beautiful weather was a bonus.
Well worth every penny and minute, a great experience made special by the whole team.