“Good Indian”

Salam Bombay
Ranked #36 of 3,951 Restaurants in Vancouver
Price range: US$24 - US$55
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Fine Dining Indian Restaurant in Downtown Vancouver
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

Would recommend. Good food, good service. All in all a nice place, only sorry we we too full for desert :(

Reviewed 11 May 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed the food and was happy with the reasonable prices. Our waiter was a nice friendly guy who couldn't have been more helpful. The other staff members appeared to be just as pleasant.

For reasons which I cannot explain or defend, I made the bizarre choice of ordering an Irish coffee (in an Indian restaurant??). The results were predictably appalling but that was my fault not theirs.

This is not a high end restaurant but, if you share my appreciation of Indian food, it's a great place for a good curry in basic but clean and reasonably pleasant surroundings. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

This was an adequate but not understanding restaurant. For most of the reviews you would think better. I think the reviewers should visit Adelaide we have better there. The service was nice, attentive and quick. The food was nice without being anything special.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Salam Bombay situated in the bustling never die city of vancouver boasts of excelent indian cuisine. I went there to sample food myself, as i had heard about this a lot, and true to its name the food was simply delecious. The rice evenly cooked, and the curries, inculcating the esssence of India, each bite was a delecious surprise. Dishes from the tandoor was simply wow.
and the service was excellent. if you want a real bite of indian cuisine, Salaam Bombay is the place you would want to go..trust me guys your in for a delecious ride.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Conveniently situated in downtown Vancouver, this is an awful restaurant. We visited on a Saturday night but it wasn't that busy (probably should have left then). We ordered and waited 50 minutes for any food. When it came, our dishes were served 10 minutes apart. My companion's Vindaloo was salty not spicey. My chicken tikka was rubbery and cold. The next day - coincidence or otherwise - we both had stomach aches. Not good - and not cheap. Awful.