“Cream puff heaven”

Price range: US$5 - US$9
Neighbourhood: West End
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 27 October 2013

A Beard Papa cream puff is like a taste of heaven. I've been to Beard Papa in a few countries and have never been disappointed. You can tell the delicious cream - whether it's green tea, chocolate, pumpkin or strawberry - is made fresh for you. There's no funky aftertaste and no guilt in savoring every bit like you might with some overly commercialized/processed doughnut or other dessert. Whenever I have one of these, I'm on cloud ninety-nine. Nothing says love like giving your family and friends a treat from this shop. My only sadness is that my local shop closed last winter and now I have to wait a little longer and trek a little farther for my favorite dessert. That's okay. Until I'm fortunate enough to have a neighborhood store, like a pilgrim, I'll be paying a visit whenever there's a sweet shop around the corner.

1  Thank aweepilgrim

Reviewed 10 July 2013

I love it .it is one of the places i take my friends who came to visit Vancouver,i recommend it to every one especially the puffs with the cream inside ,they are so yummy.go and try it

Reviewed 6 July 2013

Leave room after stuffing yourself at the other food court places. We got a chocolate lava cake with ice cream, both were very good - daughter plowed through it before we could get more than a spoonful! Their cheesecake strips were also good. They had sold out on cream puff filling, so don't wait too long - keep in mind the mall closes at 7:00. Going to try the panna cotta next time, too.

Reviewed 7 November 2012

I loooove Beard Papa. It always hits the right spot when I get a sweet craving or for dessert. Luckily there was a store just across the street from our hotel (L'Hermitage). This cream puff is proof of the old adage, "there's always room for dessert!"

1  Thank Culas
Reviewed 18 October 2012

OMG, this could be the home of my new favorite desert. I never knew cream puffs could be this good and I've eaten them all over France. What a wonderful walk-away treat!