“Good, better, Shangri-la!!!”

Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver
Ranked #7 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Shangri-la exceeded my expectations for a hotel.
I've traveled a lot in the world, Tokyo, Tel-Aviv, Prague and Berlin alone this year and have stayed at 5 star hotels HOWEVER: Shangri-la beats it all

Everything is just a bit better. (or a lot)
In addition, authentic and beautiful art on the walls

Shangri-la Vancouver is perfectly Placed. Walking distance to everything.
The staff are friendly, helpful and very welcoming.

Just opposite the hotel there is a sushi restaurant; Ki which I also can recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Nis N
Richard C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback as it is essential to our success. It is guests such as yourself, who are able to identify the excellence we try to achieve by creating engaging experiences straight from our hearts.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,755)

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed an overnight stay with my family, including our dog. The hotel and staff ensure all amenities are provided including a dog bed, bowls and water for the pooch.
Dinner at XiShi Lounge was delicious with great live entertainment as well. For me, the highlight was the WestCoast Wave massage at Chi Spa. The therapist used the perfect amount of pressure and even worked on areas of stress I didn't realize I was carrying. The atmosphere in the spa and in the client room was so tranquil. The experience from start to finish was incredible. The Shangri-la is as its namesake describes: a paradise on earth.

Room Tip: If traveling with older kids, you can choose end suites that are connected by a private hallway. Th...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Island G

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear to your family and your pooch had and enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

Very pleasant experience and stay. Excellent customer service and very nice room. Central location and walking distance to subway and Robson. Complimentary wifi but expensive parking. Very hard to find the lower lobby entrance which is for parking and check in for visitor who is driving

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I stayed here recently on a business trip and have to say this is one of the most state-of-the-art hotels where I have stayed. Everything is automated, and I was amazed by the presence of the tv screen in the bathroom mirror. The staff treated me like royalty, and everyone was more than willing to help with every request I had related to our board's group stay, including when I walked into the business center and found someone to help me print some documents on the fly. I cannot say enough about how polite and helpful everyone was, and what a nice element this is when you have a lot to accomplish in a short time with a large group. I wrote out the comment card and I know it was read, because they sent me a nice desk calendar to boot. VERY pleased and now I understand why my company loves this hotel. Best stay ever--I wish it could have been longer.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Richard C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review. We certainly do read all of our guest comment cards as guest feedback is the only true way for us to measure the effectiveness of our service delivery. I hope you enjoy your calendar and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Vancouver.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

Suberb service, a true Shangri La experience. The bed was probably the best hotel bed that I have ever slept in, even better than my own Hästens bed at home. Clean, stylish, quiet and sophisticated without being posh. Well worth the money, indeed. Recommended!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Richard C, General Manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to be recommended from an avid traveler such as your self. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

We have stayed here before and will stay again. It is so fun & wonderful to stay at a top notch hotel. The tv mirror in the bathroom is awesome! Fresh delicious coffee! Comfortable bed! And everything (lights, drapes open & close etc) is right at your fingertips!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Our stay at the Shanri-La Hotel Vancouver exceeded my vision of a weekend get-a-way. It truly was my shangri-la. Thanks so much to everyone who made our stay a dream realized. Mary Ringwald

• Stayed: February 2012